We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 87
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    312
    Did North Downs and Trollshaws with 2 toons: level 95 Dwarf Champion and lvl.49 Human Champion.
    North Downs

    A really good revamp. Region is more user-friendly, there are many auto-bestowed "Kill XX of these" quests that do help to progress...and gain valuable reputation. I enjoyed timed quest to kill certain number of spiders within given time.
    Esteldin quests are better now, I really enjoyed daily "trophy hunter". Especially when these are for Wargs and Orcs, i.e. help to advance slayer deed.
    There are good new stable routes - very helpfull thing.
    Region is now full of activity - at such scale it is full I felt I had no need in reputation items.

    Overall, left very satisfied.

    Trollshaws
    Doing slayer deeds at my lvl.95 Champion, hence feedback may lack some aspects.
    First of all - slayer deeds. Some are really usefull, like "kill 10 crawlers". Certain NPCs have moved far away from the road which is not bad. Also, new stable routes that were really helpfull for me.
    Things I doubt: "kill crabains/bears/deer" auto-bestowed quests. In certain regions, only rats did not have rings above their heads. For me these rings were grey...for on-level players all forest would be golden ring. Maybe developers could lessen amount of these (for example, exclude ravens?).

    Maybe I did not explore all the Trollshaws, but worms and crawlers slayer deeds were hard for me. I needed ~300 of each and was hard to find a good spot. Wighs were no problem at night. Trolls required moving from point A to point C. Wolves required patience (because I hunted at their den and knew nothing of other spots). I wish there were some spots for, say, crawlers.

    Overall - satisfied.

    misty mountains
    Not tested, did last exploration deeds.

    Impressions at 2/3 revamps: in short, they are done mostly very well, more user-friendly, more quest, more activity. Developers did a good job with these regions and are worthy of kudos.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Watchman View Post
    Fire and Ice is the epic quest, no? It's been inspiriable for a long time.
    Yes, you are right. I simply couldn't remember. I do now remember doing it on the second minstrel last year and it being a good deal harder-even with inspiration. But the Fire specced RK is in a good place, so it may be the class difference. Either way it felt a little less epic this time. But it's still a good instance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Watchman View Post
    That's what I thought
    I logged in to double check I wasn't dreaming. Yes, he's been cloned.

    @Nakties
    Thanks for the information and review. A Good read
    Crawlers always were the bane of those needing that deed. I generally kill every. single. one. that I see whenever I am in Trollshaws, but I've never got it finished on a class that didn't absolutely need it. The path along the Bruinen towards the pass to eregion used to be where I'd see the most of them and it has worms. But someone better organised may have an exact location that is better. Good luck.

    And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

  3. #53
    I made a new champion to experience these revamps, since I've gotten a bit tired of the Lonelands > Evendim route and wanted to try something new.

    I feel the North Downs revamp was the most well-done. I haven't done the region in YEARS, but I was very happy to see quests with stories that I had never experienced before, like the story of how Colbert the Mad came to be. The auto-bestowal quests were placed in areas that made them an easy completion (which I like with 'kill 10 x' quests). The landscape guided my very smoothly with the quests, so I was never at a loss of where to go next and I never out-leveled content. Overall, it was a smooth and fun experience, although I admittedly stopped around the Earth Kin camp just outside Esteldin because I didn't want to out-level Trollshaws before I got there.

    Trollshaws, I think, wasn't done so well. The majority of content is auto-bestowal to kill 10 crawlers, 10 bears, 10 bats, you name it. The major pull of LotRO for me is the story- not just the epic, but all adventures big and small, from Shire pies to hunting Gollum. In that regard, Trollshaws really failed for me. The quest line to discover what's corrupting the animals is intriguing but brief. I enjoyed the session with Glorfindel (who happens to be my favourite character!) but outside of this, the Trollshaws have little substance. Even the quest I loved where a Bree-lander very humorously makes a disgusting soup for his dwarf friend has been edited into a bland 'gather x' sequence. I encountered no problems gaining levels, but there was nothing really fun about it. I had enough exp by this point to just start ignoring the auto-bestowals and move on to Misty Mountains.

    The Mountains, I felt, were on par, maybe slightly better than Trollshaws. Less auto-bestowals, but still, not very compelling narrative. The extra travel options were lovely and appreciated. It seemed like little had been added in the way of quests. I managed to approach Goblin-town on level, but because of the map and difficulty navigating, dense mobs, and heavy back-and-forthing, I threw in the towel after a few quests because the amount of effort I was doing to rescue the elves wasn't rewarded well. I am a power-leveler when not reading quests, and this just didn't seem worth it.

    By the end, the revamps got me from 25 to 45, which was great. But it sacrificed some really unique stories to get there. And I was still just a bit too low to go to Eregion, so it was off to Forochel for the billionth time for that 44-47 level gap (and before you say Angmar... *shudder*).

    Overall, thanks for the North Downs, but I think I'll do something else after.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,862
    Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    Did North Downs and Trollshaws with 2 toons: level 95 Dwarf Champion and lvl.49 Human Champion.
    North Downs

    A really good revamp. Region is more user-friendly, there are many auto-bestowed "Kill XX of these" quests that do help to progress...and gain valuable reputation. I enjoyed timed quest to kill certain number of spiders within given time.
    Esteldin quests are better now, I really enjoyed daily "trophy hunter". Especially when these are for Wargs and Orcs, i.e. help to advance slayer deed.
    There are good new stable routes - very helpfull thing.
    Region is now full of activity - at such scale it is full I felt I had no need in reputation items.

    Overall, left very satisfied.

    Trollshaws
    Doing slayer deeds at my lvl.95 Champion, hence feedback may lack some aspects.
    First of all - slayer deeds. Some are really usefull, like "kill 10 crawlers". Certain NPCs have moved far away from the road which is not bad. Also, new stable routes that were really helpfull for me.
    Things I doubt: "kill crabains/bears/deer" auto-bestowed quests. In certain regions, only rats did not have rings above their heads. For me these rings were grey...for on-level players all forest would be golden ring. Maybe developers could lessen amount of these (for example, exclude ravens?).

    Maybe I did not explore all the Trollshaws, but worms and crawlers slayer deeds were hard for me. I needed ~300 of each and was hard to find a good spot. Wighs were no problem at night. Trolls required moving from point A to point C. Wolves required patience (because I hunted at their den and knew nothing of other spots). I wish there were some spots for, say, crawlers.

    Overall - satisfied.

    misty mountains
    Not tested, did last exploration deeds.

    Impressions at 2/3 revamps: in short, they are done mostly very well, more user-friendly, more quest, more activity. Developers did a good job with these regions and are worthy of kudos.
    Crawlers are everywhere once you get to the Bruinen Gorges. From there, kill along the road. After that, you have choices. You can go into the High Moor and head over to the worms in the southeastern corner. Crawlers share spawns with worms and elk. You can go south into Tal Bruinen. There should be a quest to kill Root Crawlers, but I don't remember clearly if there is a daily for them there. Anyway, keep going south until you get to the Wood-trolls or the Guaredain. You can go north into Nan Tornaeth. From the camp, head southwest to an area between the Gladdalf and the pass to the Troll's Glade. Should be some there. They share a spawn with rats and wights. From the same camp, head north into the ruins. Make the circuit first going toward the falls and the trolls there, then up into the ruins. The crawlers share spawns with wights (day crawlers, night wights) and a spawn with rats.

    The only slayer in the 'shaws that I've had issues with was Giants. Only two places for those that I know of; Giant Valley and the Ford of Bruinen skirmish. I am one of those funny players who do slayers over time, if I don't have a tome on me. I could try to get a group for the Valley; but it would take longer to do that than to go back later and kill 20 to 30 of them per session.
    Last edited by cdq1958; May 07 2014 at 05:26 PM.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  5. #55
    Thank you very much for sharing, I am going to level a new character in ND & Troll, instead of usual path Lone & Evendim.
    The only issue is that I will lost all reputation barter items in Evendim, are they new reputation items in ND & Troll?
    Last edited by svitiello64; May 08 2014 at 04:11 AM.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,862
    Quote Originally Posted by svitiello64 View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing, I am going to level a new character in ND & Troll, instead of usual path Lone & Evendim.
    The only issue is that I will lost all reputation barter items in Evendim, are they new reputation items in ND & Troll?
    North Downs reputation items are either crafted (tailor) or drops from Orcs in Dol Dinen or in Malenhad in Angmar. The revamp pretty much guarantees Kindred with the Rangers of Esteldin without having to farm items if you do all of the quests and do the five daily repeatable quests that give Rangers of Esteldin reputation. The daily repeatables in Nan Wathren give Men of Bree reputation.

    Trollshaws reputation items were not changed. They are either crafted (scholar) or drops from Corcur or wights in the Trollshaws, Corcur in the Misty Mountains or goblins in Goblin-Town. The revamp here also pretty much guarantees Kindred with the Elves of Rivendell without having to farm items if you do all of the quests and do the plethora of daily repeatable quests in the Trollshaws. I want to say that there are roughly a dozen of these.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    North Downs reputation items are either crafted (tailor) or drops from Orcs in Dol Dinen or in Malenhad in Angmar. The revamp pretty much guarantees Kindred with the Rangers of Esteldin without having to farm items if you do all of the quests and do the five daily repeatable quests that give Rangers of Esteldin reputation. The daily repeatables in Nan Wathren give Men of Bree reputation.

    Trollshaws reputation items were not changed. They are either crafted (scholar) or drops from Corcur or wights in the Trollshaws, Corcur in the Misty Mountains or goblins in Goblin-Town. The revamp here also pretty much guarantees Kindred with the Elves of Rivendell without having to farm items if you do all of the quests and do the plethora of daily repeatable quests in the Trollshaws. I want to say that there are roughly a dozen of these.
    Thank you for reply, but I was talking about weapons and jewellery in level range 33-40 that you can barter in Tinnundir (Cannuion and Celedges).
    In ND and Trollshaws, before the revamp, jewellery and weapons were in the level range 40-50.
    Are they scaled down now?

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenluin-Menelloth View Post

    4. Also as others said too many quest rings on animals. An option to separately turn off repeatable quest markers would be nice.
    I would very much go for something like this but I like to do the quest at least once. So maybe something that checks if you've done it already and then the rings turn off?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,862
    Quote Originally Posted by svitiello64 View Post
    Thank you for reply, but I was talking about weapons and jewellery in level range 33-40 that you can barter in Tinnundir (Cannuion and Celedges).
    In ND and Trollshaws, before the revamp, jewellery and weapons were in the level range 40-50.
    Are they scaled down now?
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I need to check the reputation vendors. I have not bought much from them. I'd guess that the gear would match the lowered levels. If not, I'd ./bug report it.

    Update: I've thought some more about that. For some, having the level remain at the old one for gear might be a benefit.

    Update 2: For the instance stuff (Fornost and Helegrod), I don't think that's changed. I was looking at the instance gear available at the Skirmish Camps and I'm pretty sure none of it had its level get lowered.

    Update 3: I've stopped by Malenfang in Esteldin. The gear he offers remains level 40 to 45.

    Unfortunately, I really don't worry much about gear from reputation vendors. I either have or find better stuff the vast majority of the time, thanks to a heavy crafting emphasis.
    Last edited by cdq1958; May 08 2014 at 03:15 PM.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  10. #60
    Overall, I must say I'm happy with these revamps (or at least, what I've done of them so far). I've played through about half the North Downs on my LM, 3/4 of Misties on my Warden, and 3/4 of Trollshaws on RK.

    One thing I've been wondering though: why do the Trestlebridge quests give reputation with Bree? There are already plenty of quests for that faction, and rep items for Bree are much easier to come by. Just wondering the reasoning behind not giving rep with Rangers of Esteldin for these quests.

    Sorry if this has been brought up in the thread... I didn't have time to go through the pages and check. If so, just say

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Decaran View Post
    Overall, I must say I'm happy with these revamps (or at least, what I've done of them so far). I've played through about half the North Downs on my LM, 3/4 of Misties on my Warden, and 3/4 of Trollshaws on RK.

    One thing I've been wondering though: why do the Trestlebridge quests give reputation with Bree? There are already plenty of quests for that faction, and rep items for Bree are much easier to come by. Just wondering the reasoning behind not giving rep with Rangers of Esteldin for these quests.

    Sorry if this has been brought up in the thread... I didn't have time to go through the pages and check. If so, just say
    My guess would be that it's tied to who the Trestlebridgers most closely associate with. While they're somewhat off on their own, they're essentially Bree-Landers. They're the northern bulwark of Bree's defenses and are the people keeping the Bree-Lands safe. Think 'mini Osgiliath.' At the same time, they also don't seem to have a consistent relationship with the Rangers or other people in Esteldin. The Epic quests between Trestlebridge and Esteldin present them as two groups who don't interact much (at least, from the Trestlebridger's perspective).
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    My guess would be that it's tied to who the Trestlebridgers most closely associate with. While they're somewhat off on their own, they're essentially Bree-Landers. They're the northern bulwark of Bree's defenses and are the people keeping the Bree-Lands safe. Think 'mini Osgiliath.' At the same time, they also don't seem to have a consistent relationship with the Rangers or other people in Esteldin. The Epic quests between Trestlebridge and Esteldin present them as two groups who don't interact much (at least, from the Trestlebridger's perspective).
    I suppose that makes sense. I was just thinking from the view point of the rangers in Esteldin go to so much trouble to protect Trestlebridge (there's an Epic instance, can't remember which chapter), so surely your efforts there should strengthen your reputation with the rangers? You're making their job easier?

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I need to check the reputation vendors. I have not bought much from them. I'd guess that the gear would match the lowered levels. If not, I'd ./bug report it.

    Update: I've thought some more about that. For some, having the level remain at the old one for gear might be a benefit.

    Update 2: For the instance stuff (Fornost and Helegrod), I don't think that's changed. I was looking at the instance gear available at the Skirmish Camps and I'm pretty sure none of it had its level get lowered.

    Update 3: I've stopped by Malenfang in Esteldin. The gear he offers remains level 40 to 45.

    Unfortunately, I really don't worry much about gear from reputation vendors. I either have or find better stuff the vast majority of the time, thanks to a heavy crafting emphasis.
    Thank you very much for replying
    This time I need a bit of mining to craft my armour...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,203
    I seem to be stuck quest-wise in the Trollshaws currently.

    I just finished 'Word of Warning' where Arrod sends you to Narlinn with the implication that she will decide to return to Thorenhad or send me instead. After the turn in I did not receive a pop up ring or anything telling me what to do next. I went ahead to Thorenhad but no one there seems to have anything for me either, other than the Epic quest.

    Also very disappointed to hear about the change in the 'Toad Stew' quest. My toon is level 40 so I reckon level is not an issue.

    Also, I have yet to find how to start this new instance with Glorfindel everyone keeps talkin about.

    Can anyone help please?
    Today is a good day for Pie.

    Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,862
    Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    I seem to be stuck quest-wise in the Trollshaws currently.

    I just finished 'Word of Warning' where Arrod sends you to Narlinn with the implication that she will decide to return to Thorenhad or send me instead. After the turn in I did not receive a pop up ring or anything telling me what to do next. I went ahead to Thorenhad but no one there seems to have anything for me either, other than the Epic quest.

    Also very disappointed to hear about the change in the 'Toad Stew' quest. My toon is level 40 so I reckon level is not an issue.

    Also, I have yet to find how to start this new instance with Glorfindel everyone keeps talkin about.

    Can anyone help please?
    Have you done the auto-bestowed quests for wolves, hawks, bears, elk, trolls, and crawlers? If you did the Bear one, you should then go to Thorenhad to turn it in. You should get a quest from Elladan, I think, that sends you to an Elf south of Ost Thondol. If you did the landscape troll quest and ventured in/near Ost Thondol, you should see a traveling vendor NPC that is the target of the vector quest. I don't recall if said NPC has a ring available if you didn't do the others first.

    Anyway, you will need to get that NPC's quest and the 'A Chilling Revelation' landscape quest to get to the instance that introduces you to Ferndur. To get 'A Chilling Revelation', head north to Nan Tornaeth. Pick up the quest to kill 6 bears. You can pick up the kill 6 Trolls at the same time. Follow the path that takes you to the old Nan Tornaeth camp but head southwest before talking to the NPC if you only want 'A Chilling Revelation'. You'll find a Bear Wight to kill. Kill it and head to the camp. You should then be sent back to Thorenhad to talk to either Elladan or Elrohir. To continue on that line, talk to Anhebir then Elrond. Elrond sends you to Glorfindel, who sends you back into Nan Tornaeth.

    Anyway, from Thorenhad you have three paths. You can go East and do the High Moor camp quests. You can go South and do the Echad Candellath ones. You can go North for the Nan Tornaeth ones. There are quests at the Spider lair camp, too, that are group recommended on level.

    Update: There is one thing to note about the revamps. If your toon has done these zones before the revamp, you'll only get the daily quests and the vector quests that didn't exist before the revamp and all of the others that were 'versioned' will be auto-completed and not offered. The landscape phases in appearance and you will only see the 'completed' phase. If your toon has done some but missed others, you'll get a mix of updated old quests and the new ones. If your toon has never done the zone, you'll get all of the revamped quests and none of the old ones.
    Last edited by cdq1958; May 09 2014 at 02:51 PM.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,203
    Thanks for your help cdo.

    Some feedback while I'm at it:

    The added stables and swift travels are great! On the other hand I really wish they had just left the existing quests intact and simply added more quests. Having random pop up quests trigger regular quests is just downright confusing to me. Would really prefer the NPCs to give them out.

    May have been mentioned before, but I think there are some quests that are just gone. 'Bert Tom and Bill', 'White Hart' which leads to the Gollum instance, and the 'Riddle -game' arc are the ones I noticed. If they were removed that's a shame cause those were some of my favorites. One Sad Panda here...
    Today is a good day for Pie.

    Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

  17. #67
    I went through ND with my guard and I must say it's all nice and smooth, not too much traveling within quests itself.
    The first half of Nan Wathren should probably no longer be flagged as fellowship content however, as that part, except for the defiler quest is easily soloable.
    I can't compare it with before the revamp as it's the first time through for me.

    I also went to the misty mountains a bit, and at least the start was pretty meh, although I guess better than before. There are still quests that send you to places 1000m away, and some auto-bestowal areas seem a bit off. I didn't go further than just the start as I was under-leveled and the deflects became annoying.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,862
    Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Thanks for your help cdo.

    Some feedback while I'm at it:

    The added stables and swift travels are great! On the other hand I really wish they had just left the existing quests intact and simply added more quests. Having random pop up quests trigger regular quests is just downright confusing to me. Would really prefer the NPCs to give them out.

    May have been mentioned before, but I think there are some quests that are just gone. 'Bert Tom and Bill', 'White Hart' which leads to the Gollum instance, and the 'Riddle -game' arc are the ones I noticed. If they were removed that's a shame cause those were some of my favorites. One Sad Panda here...
    The riddle game between Bilbo and Lindir is still there, I think. I remember that from the beta. That said, there were some quests removed.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post

    May have been mentioned before, but I think there are some quests that are just gone. 'Bert Tom and Bill', 'White Hart' which leads to the Gollum instance, and the 'Riddle -game' arc are the ones I noticed. If they were removed that's a shame cause those were some of my favorites. One Sad Panda here...
    I just went through all the TS with new toons. While BT&B seem to have gone astray, White Hart and the Riddle Game are still there. The riddle game has changed a little in that most of the items are now found IN Elrond's house, instead of all over Rivendell. White Hart is bestowed in Echad Candelleth, I think.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Thanks for your help cdo.

    Some feedback while I'm at it:

    The added stables and swift travels are great! On the other hand I really wish they had just left the existing quests intact and simply added more quests. Having random pop up quests trigger regular quests is just downright confusing to me. Would really prefer the NPCs to give them out.

    May have been mentioned before, but I think there are some quests that are just gone. 'Bert Tom and Bill', 'White Hart' which leads to the Gollum instance, and the 'Riddle -game' arc are the ones I noticed. If they were removed that's a shame cause those were some of my favorites. One Sad Panda here...
    Bert Tom and Bill, White Hart and the Riddle Game are all still there. It is possible that the quest names have changed; I am not ingame so I cannot check just now. However the quests are alive and kicking; my hunter just did all of them over the weekend.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickysmom View Post
    Bert Tom and Bill, White Hart and the Riddle Game are all still there. It is possible that the quest names have changed; I am not ingame so I cannot check just now. However the quests are alive and kicking; my hunter just did all of them over the weekend.
    Thanks! I remember 'Bert, Tom and Bill' not being bestowed on a new character in the Beta. I am not sure about White Hart from the Beta; but I do remember the Riddle Game being there. On live, I've not run any characters through the North Downs/Trollshaws/Misty Mountains that had not already done most of the quests there already.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,286
    Has anyone located the Mysterious Relic in the North Downs. Just passed through the area on my (over-leveled) warden and my kinmate's (on-level) minstrel. We plan to run through ND, Trollshaws and the Misties with this trio (before heading on to Eregion, Moria, et al). However, we can't find the Mysterious Relic. It used to be at William Peake's farm at [10.9S, 50.4W]. However, that is now someone else's farm (forgot to write down whose before logging out of the game). Suffice it to say, there are 2-3 quests there now that were not in the game before (those quests were cool!) but the NPCs and the Mysterious Relic have been completely removed and the farm itself is under new ownership (not William Peake anymore). Was Will's farm simply moved (and the Relic along with it), or *gulp* is it unexpectedly just gone? How does one complete their Mysterious Relics deed now?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Has anyone located the Mysterious Relic in the North Downs. Just passed through the area on my (over-leveled) warden and my kinmate's (on-level) minstrel. We plan to run through ND, Trollshaws and the Misties with this trio (before heading on to Eregion, Moria, et al). However, we can't find the Mysterious Relic. It used to be at William Peake's farm at [10.9S, 50.4W]. However, that is now someone else's farm (forgot to write down whose before logging out of the game). Suffice it to say, there are 2-3 quests there now that were not in the game before (those quests were cool!) but the NPCs and the Mysterious Relic have been completely removed and the farm itself is under new ownership (not William Peake anymore). Was Will's farm simply moved (and the Relic along with it), or *gulp* is it unexpectedly just gone? How does one complete their Mysterious Relics deed now?
    It is still there, and very easy to find. But they did move it.

    SPOILERS

    Take the road from Amon Raith to Esteldin. Cross the bridge. First farm on the right.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group on Landroval currently capped at Level 45 in eastern Angmar for all Shadows of Angmar end-game content (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiempko View Post
    It is still there, and very easy to find. But they did move it.

    SPOILERS

    Take the road from Amon Raith to Esteldin. Cross the bridge. First farm on the right.
    Thanks! We've been following the quest lines and just crossed the bridge. We're being sent to Othriker now, but I imagine we'll be sent back down to the other farms shortly enough.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Has anyone located the Mysterious Relic in the North Downs. Just passed through the area on my (over-leveled) warden and my kinmate's (on-level) minstrel. We plan to run through ND, Trollshaws and the Misties with this trio (before heading on to Eregion, Moria, et al). However, we can't find the Mysterious Relic. It used to be at William Peake's farm at [10.9S, 50.4W]. However, that is now someone else's farm (forgot to write down whose before logging out of the game). Suffice it to say, there are 2-3 quests there now that were not in the game before (those quests were cool!) but the NPCs and the Mysterious Relic have been completely removed and the farm itself is under new ownership (not William Peake anymore). Was Will's farm simply moved (and the Relic along with it), or *gulp* is it unexpectedly just gone? How does one complete their Mysterious Relics deed now?
    Basically the Peake's farm and Hodges' farm names were switched. The farms remain in their old locations but the names were changed to protect the innocent :P.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload