We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Questions about Update 13 and Minstrils

So I do have a Mini, one level 28. It took me 28 levels to realize that things weren't getting harder as I got higher. I had assumed when I created this character that although the lower levels-Shire/Bree-were easy and I often 1-hit everything in sight, that this was because of the fact that in most MMOs beginner areas are supposed to be easy. I then went out with a friend of mine on a ''rep farming" run in Sanur. He was level 58 and the npcs in that area are around mid 40's if I recall. He's running around 1-2 hitting everything-including aoe attacks! It was at that point I learned from my friend that this is fairly common even for npcs "at level" and that it was something that was supposed to be fixed with Update 13. I stopped playing my Mini and bought Runekeeper, I enjoy a little challenge when I'm playing the game-not that I want things to be impossible. My RK is currently 57 and I haven't touched my Mini-though I had held hopes that Update 13 would rebalance them to make them a little more challenging to play.

Now I digressed to lead up to this question... Were Minis fixed in Update 13? According to what I saw in the release notes-Hunters' induction skills that weren't usable while moving in Huntsman were fixed (+1 now I can start leveling my level 20ish Huntsman), but minimal changes were listed under the Minstril notes. I was kind of looking forward to new and challenging changes that would interest me in leveling up my Mini-not that I don't really enjoy my RK but I love a 'bard-type class' like DDO's bards. If any devs or someone who plays Mini-once the servers are up-can verify whether they are toned down a little I would appreciate it. I don't log on the Minstril at all anymore and have considered deleting it except for the promise of a rebalance with U13.

There are notes about the reduced contribution of main stats, so you should be doing less damage (though I suspect only marginally). Also, you'll likely be taking more damage due to the changes with mitigations.
    Bruuwnor, Dwarf Champion of Arkenstone, Pipeweed and Ale

This is an issue for everyone, not just minstrels.

Physical/Tactical Mastery Rating to % conversion was nerfed, to the order of about 20%.

Various changes are in U13 to reduce the current state of player characters been ridiculously overpowered, but it's still not "Balanced" as we'd all like.
    Leader of The Rangers of Eriador