We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Just returned after a year away, confused not sure what to do..

Hi everyone...

Been while since played LOTRO , So i logged in to my lvl 60 char few days ago saw the skill bar's and shivered with fear "absolute no idea what to do or how i played it before" ....
    So i re-rolled and made a lore master , kind of enjoy playing as lore master but iv fallen in to a love hate situation ,

HATE: even as a DPS trait all my damage comes from my pets , like my actual staff damage/spells is non factorisable compared to pet and i feel like i should be the pet and dump my actual char ! lol

LOVE: Quest's are super easy im at the brink of whats available to my level even fellowship quests on Angmar pose little more challenge but they feel pretty easy " only thing gets me killed is picking up agro while pet is doing its stuff "

HATE: The fact im steam rolling red quests, the mobs are Resisting / Deflecting my spells , there is no middle ground on quests iv done the lower level quests and only left with these red one's ....

So my question does lore master get better ? ... all i feel im doing is pet spamming and kiteing - looking forward to doing moria again - but i feel if this is my chars future im going to get bored and wont purchase content up to lvl 95 (i quit just before rohan was released so not experienced the new stuff ) ...

How good is rune keeper solo + fun factor ? ,,i own moria quest pack so will have to purchase RK , will it be worth the investment ? as the TP i have is enough for 2 quest packs to keep me going after lothlorian (isenguard + rohan) ...

ty guys .... hope to pass you by on a desolate map in the weirdest of places ....

... PS ...
    Does RK class ever go on sale in TP store ?

I think the general consensus is that fighting is too easy (
    see Executive Producers letter
    ), with today's patch that might change a little but it seems as though they will be making changes to address it. Who knows when or how tho.

As for LM, I've not played one so can't really comment specifically, but LM's are more a CC class and your pets are the ones who do the fighting for you (or that is my understanding).

I like the RK, pretty fun to play and has very good DPS when traited for it. I have seen it go on sale now and then. Is it worth buying? I think it is.

Try traiting Master of Nature's Fury. It sounds like you've picked the pet-focused trailine currently (Keeper of Animals?). You should notice a considerable personal damage increase.
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Spidereyes View Post
    Hi everyone...

Been while since played LOTRO , So i logged in to my lvl 60 char few days ago saw the skill bar's and shivered with fear "absolute no idea what to do or how i played it before" ....
    So i re-rolled and made a lore master , kind of enjoy playing as lore master but iv fallen in to a love hate situation ,

HATE: even as a DPS trait all my damage comes from my pets , like my actual staff damage/spells is non factorisable compared to pet and i feel like i should be the pet and dump my actual char ! lol

LOVE: Quest's are super easy im at the brink of whats available to my level even fellowship quests on Angmar pose little more challenge but they feel pretty easy " only thing gets me killed is picking up agro while pet is doing its stuff "

HATE: The fact im steam rolling red quests, the mobs are Resisting / Deflecting my spells , there is no middle ground on quests iv done the lower level quests and only left with these red one's ....

So my question does lore master get better ? ... all i feel im doing is pet spamming and kiteing - looking forward to doing moria again - but i feel if this is my chars future im going to get bored and wont purchase content up to lvl 95 (i quit just before rohan was released so not experienced the new stuff ) ...

How good is rune keeper solo + fun factor ? ,,i own moria quest pack so will have to purchase RK , will it be worth the investment ? as the TP i have is enough for 2 quest packs to keep me going after lothlorian (isenguard + rohan) ...

ty guys .... hope to pass you by on a desolate map in the weirdest of places ....

... PS ...
    Does RK class ever go on sale in TP store ?
    Like Brya said, it seems like you've picked the wrong trait line.

I've been levelling an LM for a couple of weeks, pretty much traited straight down the red line. Been using the bear the entire time for tanking. Send in bear, use skills while bear tanks, mob dies, repeat. The only thing that's been limiting me is the induction time on my skills. Even though I have max crafters, I've been running in quest loot gear and still taking on mobs severeal levels higher. Once in a while they hit me just before they die. Even tonight, after update 13 made things tougher, I merely noticed a change, but no real impact.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com