We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Save the best for last?

With housing updates and improvements being on hold, must mean your saving the best for last. Kin deeds raises an eyebrow of anticipation too, toss in a few yard projects with plenty of food and a keg of shire ale big enough for a dwarf to sleep on while the work gets done and we got us a hobbit picnic.
    Thanks for keeping us in the know.

No housing revamp.
    Major disappointment.
    Very discouraging to walk into my home, and see tons of empty, wasted space, when I have vaults filled with wonderful trophies and beautiful weapons I hate to discard.
    Nevanna~Lynxa~Amasal~Lagurtha~ Hybiscuits
    "I am rather tired, and no longer young enough to pillage the night to make up for the deficit of hours in the day..." JRR Tolkien, Letter # 174

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    Where did anyone say what you are accusing them of?
    It isn't what was said; It's what wasn't said. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this letter was meant to inform the player base of future plans. Plans that extend to the end of 2015. As far as I can tell, no mention of 'classic style raids' was mentioned. Thus, through my super power of deduction, I was able to surmise that 'classic style raids' are not among those plans.
    Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8, Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7

Overall happy with new class although a new starter zone would be nice. It seems as though endgame will be dead for at least the next 1.5 years until Minis Tirith. Game as I see it atm consists of: level your character/characters to cap do as many BB's as you can stand to get decent jewellry do skirms for decent gear - 4 months from now rinse and repeat till the next update comes out. I do feel that the rebalancing is long overdue as the classes are overall too powerful for the content to make it challenging/interesting.

My presumption is that the model for advancement is now moving from the yearly expansion to the 3 content updates per year which will obviously have a cost associated to them, I'm hoping that the cost will not be too excessive, hopefully Turbine don't consider these half (at best) expansions to be the same cost as the full expansions we have been getting for the past few years.

I do feel that the game is now going to be a game that I will play for a small period every few months to level a few characters and drop out till the next update - this will, in my opinion, lead to very low population on servers running up to a new update. updates happening so often totally destroys endgame for me as whats the point in spending all that time at cap grinding BB/skirms for gear when it will be massively superseded withing a month or 2 of getting it, at best.

Awesome producer's latter! CHICKEN HOCKIE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NEW REGIONS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! MOAR LEVELS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! DRUID CLASS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO!!!!

Glad to see that is almost certain now that LotRO will live long enough to take the Hobbits to Isegard, and more importantly beyong the BLACK GATE!!!!!!!

PvMP: Why add catapults to the Ettenmoors? Why not? Siege weapons!
    Please, please don't do this. ESO does it really well but its been built from the ground up for this purpose. Anything you could try to put in LOTRO would be a pale imitation. I hate to say it but ESO's open world PvP actually feels more "epic" than LOTRO's on-rails Epic Battles. I think LOTRO needs to focus on its strengths and large scale PvP is not one of them.
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

Rowan is offline Executive Producer
    The Lord of the Rings Online™
    Quote Originally Posted by Harper_of_Gondolin View Post
    Oh, btw, please don't call it, 'Beorning'. Please.
    Respectfully, Aragorn calls them Beornings.

(Book III, Chapter 2: The Riders of Rohan)
    It was in forgotten years long ago that Eorl the Young brought them out of the North, and their kinship is rather with the Bardings of Dale, and with the Beornings of the Wood, among whom may still be seen many men tall and fair, as are the Riders of Rohan.
    Executive Producer
    The Lord of the Rings Online™

First off-- thanks for the open communication.

Disappointed Housing is not going to be revamped that much Hope that gets looked into again at some time.

*Very* excited we're going to see Dol Amroth and Pelargir, I really hope they're absolutely huge and worthy cities.

Not too pumped on this being the new class, but also agree with HoG on calling it a 'skin changer', not a Beorning, with the same elements you described.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

It was in forgotten years long ago that Eorl the Young brought them out of the North, and their kinship is rather with the Bardings of Dale, and with the Beornings of the Wood, among whom may still be seen many men tall and fair, as are the Riders of Rohan.
    I think HoG wanted more emphasis on it being a class rather than a class being a whole people.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Adanamir View Post
    I wish you hadn't picked the Beornings as a new class ... I apologise for sounding negative at the very start, but what you are basically offering is a druid shape-shifter. Let someone correct me, but isn't this more or less the same as the druid class in World of Warcraft?

Anyways, this feels like looking for the wow factor, rather than implementing the lore respectfully. Yes, I get it, you have some nominal arguments to justify the class's existence, but I honestly expected something more. Well, good luck with that. Personally, I think I'll pass.

By the way, I'm not threatening to quit or something, I am just sad that it has come down to this. This is why I tend to favour original settings for video games in recent years, you don't have any limits to imagination and introducing new things doesn't have to appear convoluted as it does in this case.
    Could not have said it better myself. I really honestly did not think they were going to do this. The Rune-Keeper was a huge lore issue no matter what anyone says, but I can let that one pass. Beornings as a class is beyond the pale, and there were far better choices that could have been made.

I played World of Warcraft too for awhile, and it was fine for what it was. I decided to play this game because of it's uniqueness and that it took place in Middle-Earth. I don't want this game to turn into a WOW clone. We don't need to implement things in this game just because other games are doing it. Period.

I ain't gonna stop playing the game of course either, but at this point lore credibility is gone.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Smile nice looking positive for the next year of this game

thanks for the update, I like these I can see the road ahead and plan and try to get a better look on new things in the game. however I will be disappointed with no housing changes I just hope that there will be changes to kin houses to make people actually use them because as of right now not a lot of people use their kin houses. I think maybe sometime in the future you should maybe put another housing area somewhere maybe like galtrev area or somewhere cool understand how that could be hard because of level issues but you can make it so there's ports to low level areas. I think it would be cool to have a new look on houses. but besides that looks good as long as there will be new raids with the old lock system and raid flags everyone loves raids like OD and ToO with the wings and then the boss fight. would be awesome to get one of those back into the game those raids are the best and when hard are even better really brings out peoples communication skills and the way they can contribute to a group. pvp I wish was a little better catapults in the moors would be weird mostly because people often times like open field fights especially if grouped and your leader can pull off some battle tactics with flanks and ambushes. wish flanks actually gave people like buff or something when attacking with force from different angles. besides few adjustments with pvp and some pve its looking ok for the next year. I also think that you should make erebor a place u can go to and even lake town would be cool to see erebor after reading the books they make erebor sound better than moria so having an in game look on that would be cool.(movies are out and erebor looked sweet know you don't have movie license thingy lol) new gear to go along with a wing/boss fight raid would be epic with set bonuses. new pvp map would be cool give a new outlook on pvp rather than the same moors all the time. arena teams or something would be cool too something u can queue up for the war tab with how many people and u could do the same on creepside. good to see that theres hope to the game in the future.

sorry for this wall of text people that are just skimming but I think I have some ok ideas in there lol

Devdor 95 champ, alectus 95 RK, devfrith 95 warden, iorthirund 95 cappy, pewpewr 95 hunter, repptar 79 (will be 95 shortly after questing) all on nimrodel server

Beorning is a choice akin to eagle mounts. I thought it was a standing joke that this would never happen. For all its gameplay failings LOTRO has at least remained visually beautiful. Now our streets will be cluttered up with hairy bear-people in clothes.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

PvMP: Why add catapults to the Ettenmoors? Why not? Siege weapons!
    When I first heard this, I thought, meh. But now I can envision this idea and can see how it adds a different challenge. Imagine creeps or freeps in TR (either turtling or trying to take it). The defending side can set up a catapult and start hitting the building like in big battles, knocking x morale off everyone with every hit. You would have to send a group out to destroy the catapult. At least in my mind that's how I envision it!
    Lillyn (Minstrel), Lynrial (Hunter), Lorlyn (LM), Lynrieth (RK), Dazeylin (Burglar), Ithilyn (Beorning) of Arkenstone

I'm honestly not convinced of the Beornings. Another Man only class? And how would that even work for someone from Bree or even Gondor? I can see someone from Rohan or Dale having such a connection, but the other two? No.

However.... Chicken hockey?

Dibs on the Budgeford Bruins.

They will win the Shire Cup this year!
    [CENTER]“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

[/CENTER]

Level caps are free to everyone. The quest content coming with new updates is free to VIPs. I hope this clarifies.
    Ahh..now that's good to hear. thanks for the clarification.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000005ea99/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    The wording suggests that the bear transformation has a prerequisite ("gathers sufficient rage"). I would suspect that the shape-shifting is a top-tier, combat-only power.
    I suspect it works similar to Champions fervour and Hunter's focus, a skill that only is available when your "rage" bar is full, after which a player can choose to activate it for a short amount of time.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

And from that quote it is clear Beornings is the name of the people dwelling there, not a class: Who they are, not what they do.

Beornings is just the name of the northmen who lived in that area under the rule of Beorn as a chief (and later his descendants). The skinchanger(s) among them are the male descendant(s) of Beorn.

Overall I'm disappointed with this news. Not only giving the name of an array of northmen to a class, but giving that class the ability to do something only a handful of people could do. Might as well make a class called Ent or Istar.
    Last edited by BirdofHermes; Apr 14 2014 at 10:09 AM.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Now this is what a Producer's letter should look like. This is the communication that should have been for quite some time now. Aaron's return is nothing but good news and it shows.

Cheers.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Awesome, looking forward to all, Just renewed my yearly subscription, glad I did. Thou myself I did not think combat was to easy at higher level, but that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelmin View Post
    Overall happy with new class although a new starter zone would be nice.
    It's not a new race though, its a new class..... and the race of man already has a starter zone.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    Now this is what a Producer's letter should look like. This is the communication that should have been for quite some time now. Aaron's return is nothing but good news and it shows.

Cheers.
    I agree & hope he stays the EP. The last one was not cutting it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by marlwyn View Post

I'd rather have another mirkwood where theres no levelcap rises for a looong time. Wheres the endgame? It cant possibly be easier to just increase levelcap and add new areas than to make new instances for us to run? And no, big battles arent what im looking for.
    Landscape content is always going to be quicker, easier, and cheaper to produce than any content which involves multiple players and has to take account of the interactions between them and the million and one things that each of them can do at any time. Anything where what happens depends on what multiple players does is a combinatorial problem which just explodes with the increase in the number of players involved.

A group taking on a landscape quest is no comparison and it just involves processing the attackes from and by each player individually. In an instance, the expectation is that the outcome depends on the right things being done at the right time, and thus the actions of the players are interdependent in determining the outcome. This is orders of magnitude harder to program, and more significantly to debug.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    Now our streets will be cluttered up with hairy bear-people in clothes.
    Bear-form is combat-only, after building up enough rage (probably like Champ fervour, or RK attunement).
    [CENTER] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/mosby/"][COLOR=cyan]Mosby[/COLOR][/URL], Founder of [URL="http://www.thepalantiri.net"][COLOR=gold]The Palantíri[/COLOR][/URL] kinship (Landroval) - [URL="http://lotro-charts.tumblr.com/"]LotRO Charts Tumblr[/URL] - [URL="https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Translations"]Runes & Translations[/URL]

[COLOR=Silver][I]As glides in seas the shark, Rides Mosby through green dark.[/I] -Melville[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    It's not a new race though, its a new class..... and the race of man already has a starter zone.
    Aware of that although from a lore perspective I would doubt you would see any floating around Archet. It was more that I find the fact that there are only 2 starter zones a bit minimal

Serious questions.

1. You're making female Beornings too, right? I'm assuming this is an obvious 'yes', because... well. Duh.

2. Can we critique the designs? Because I'd like to throw in my two cents here: keep their human form fairly human-looking. They're just going to stick out a mile in towns otherwise. It'd be nice if skin-changing could be something that happens in battle and not in the town square, and if the character models could look like the regular character models, rather than enormous bloated hairy versions. This is the first 'class' we've had that is described as having distinct physical differences to the others - it's not like wardens are small, or champions are muscled - and yet if you design a whole new character model they're going to be at odds with LOTRO's world in which everyone's the same height, has one of 8 faces and has only a minor body slider.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast