We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Lots of stuff to be excited about here. Housing update being canned doesn't bother me, and the honesty is appreciated.

As for people complaining that the Beorning is lore-breaking, pshaw. Compared to the hundreds of Elves running around Rohan throwing lightning about, this is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Update 13 launched today, and LOTRO’s 7th Anniversary celebration will soon follow. U13 marks the finale of the Volume 3 Epic Story – this opens us to Volume 4 (and Gondor) later in the year. With that in mind, I wanted to provide you with an outline of our committed plans over the coming months.

Kinships: The next addition to loot options is a system of crafting tied to your Kinship house, which will encourage more social play. Our goal is to create Kinship deeds that you can complete together.

Combat Rebalancing: You’ve said that high-level combat has gotten too easy, and we agree! With new regions we’ll be taking a hard look at balance and adjusting existing opponents or adding new ones.

PvMP: Why add catapults to the Ettenmoors? Why not? Siege weapons!
    Nice to see that crafting will be special for Kinships.. always thought it would be good to have a Kin Superior Craft Hall after you reach a certain rank kin.

PVP... Siege Weapons.. I assume will be available to both Freeps and Creeps ?

and yes! thankyou! Challenge at last and a chance to play your character properly !
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    Lvl105 : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

Coming to the "end" of the story only gives us freedom to venture to other parts of the world. I don't see it as an end at all.
    Besides, after the Battle of the Pelennor Fields there's still a lot that still needs to happen story-wise - and to my mind this is where the Black Gate, Minas Morgul and Shelob's Lair (even though the latter is encountered by Frodo before the Battle iirc?) can all come into play.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by youlongzi View Post
    I quote, "...These new quests and the level caps will all be free to VIPs."

Does this means that premium and F2P players must buy the new level caps now?

If the answer is yes, then WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS TURBINE???
    They have done this in the past. There is nothing wrong with this. You want the new content you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Besides, after the Battle of the Pelennor Fields there's still a lot that still needs to happen story-wise - and to my mind this is where the Black Gate, Minas Morgul and Shelob's Lair (even though the latter is encountered by Frodo before the Battle iirc?) can all come into play.
    Having a Shelob instance would be brilliant. Make your way through her lair and fight her at the end.
    LotRO videos! [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelotte54/[/url]
    15.2 Beta roaming threats [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWigcgKf1CQ[/url]

Nice! Totally looking forward to it!
    Great job LOTRO Team, thanks for giving us this awesome expierience.

Very glad to see the plans for the new areas.

Those sound very exciting indeed.

That said, the choice of Beorning as a class grates on me. Beorning's supposedly being so extraordinarily rare, this strikes me as a basic tie in to the Hobbit films to bring in new players. I'm not opposed to new players of course, but this choice to appeal doesn't really sit will with me. Apparently, I'm a minority.

What really pisses me off, however, is the abandoning the housing changes. AGAIN. I'll likely get over it, but srsly, ffs, do you expect housing to be nothing more than an entryway into paying you untrackable funds for storage? So. disgusted. right now.

Updating kinships is more needed, so glad to see that retained, but if you just add quests without meaningful refining of controls for kinleaders-you're going to make a huge mess.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by youlongzi View Post
    I quote, "...These new quests and the level caps will all be free to VIPs."

Does this means that premium and F2P players must buy the new level caps now?

If the answer is yes, then WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS TURBINE???
    well probably because look now atm how many people didn't bought HD and yet they are lvl 95 because of power lvl-ing with SH

Quote Originally Posted by wandmand View Post
    Nice! Totally looking forward to it!
    Great job LOTRO Team, thanks for giving us this awesome experience.
    Agreed. Good to see so much positivity on here for once!
    15.2 Beta roaming threats [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWigcgKf1CQ[/url]

Combat Rebalancing: You’ve said that high-level combat has gotten too easy, and we agree! With new regions we’ll be taking a hard look at balance and adjusting existing opponents or adding new ones.
    Just don't go too overboard with this- specially with landscape.

Looks like there's some sort of a desperate effort to get to Mordor in the next few years.

Class looks interesting

So far for primary roles we have (or should I say, rather, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE):

Tank:
    - Warden
    - Guardian

Ranged Physical DPS
    - Hunter

Ranged Tactical DPS
    - Runekeeper

Healers
    - Minstrels
    - Runekeepers

Supports
    - Loremaster
    - Captain

Melee Physical DPS
    - Burglar
    - Champ

Of these classes, all can pretty well sustain suitable damage roles, the tanking is most predominant in all melee classes, exempting the burg amd the first tank class mentioned. Healing is split between a class built for healing and one that splits into an equally viable caster damage role. Support is almost negligible in the current meta.

So, here we are getting another caster, who it looks like is going to move from tactically based ranged support to a tactically(?) based melee off-tank or damage (or who knows, maybe a melee support role too!).
    To be honest I was kind of hoping that Turbine would have scrapped the horrible range/melee hyrbid they had introduced for the warden (for apparently no reason other than, "we can't think of a viable fist-line, and don't want to put resources toward the class anyway") so that they could suitably place it in their next class as something viable.

The story direction of the game looks cool and I would rate it a look, however I can equally become immersed in better LOTR stories elsewhere. The only appeal to me was in the MMO, and particularly in the distinct and unique PvMP environment that no other game comes close to offering after 7 years. With the lack of succinct and defining combat, class mechanics and characteristics of which stay fluent with the games core design, I'm sure in a couple of months my need to visit any lotro related sites, forums, discussions etc will complete its disintegration.

This is a negatively focused post, however I hope someone important can take note of something valuable from it.

I'd look forward to the dismissing replies of my post, but chances are I'll not even look in this forum for another year, if I'm back.

I hope you all enjoy what pleasures remain to be experienced in this old and fickle MMO.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistermorriss View Post
    Agreed. Good to see so much positivity on here for once!
    P.S. Sorry to ruin the party.

PvMP, Osgiliath: The middle of 2015 brings us deeper in Gondor, and to lands directly contested. Now the forces of Sauron has advanced beyond the Ettenmoors, into the battle scared city of Osgiliath. Take action as either a part of the Free People's or as a Monster under the eye of Sauron. New map, new ranks, new skills, new mechanics!

Now that folks.. that would had been something of note! The catapults addons are a joke to the PVPers of this game...
    [B]What We Do In Life, Echoes in Eternity - [/B][URL]http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/monsterplay-player-vs-player-combat-624/422337-ultimate-evernight-thread-evernight-strikes-back.html[/URL][B]
    Blitzz Krieg R13 RK - Talgasn R11 Reaver -Talgroth R10 BA Evernight![/B]

I need to know that race is please urge me much

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Astarte View Post
    What really pisses me off, however, is the abandoning the housing changes. AGAIN. I'll likely get over it, but srsly, ffs, do you expect housing to be nothing more than an entryway into paying you untrackable funds for storage? So. disgusted. right now.
    Sadly there is only so much they can do with housing. I think allot of what people want, just cannot be done or some of it can but will take allot of work & I don't know if they even want to bother with it or have the resources to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Looks like there's some sort of a desperate effort to get to Mordor in the next few years.

Class looks interesting

So far for primary roles we have (or should I say, rather, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE):

Tank:
    - Warden
    - Guardian

Ranged Physical DPS
    - Hunter

Ranged Tactical DPS
    - Runekeeper

Healers
    - Minstrels
    - Runekeepers

Supports
    - Loremaster
    - Captain

Melee Physical DPS
    - Burglar
    - Champ

Of these classes, all can pretty well sustain suitable damage roles, the tanking is most predominant in all melee classes, exempting the burg amd the first tank class mentioned. Healing is split between a class built for healing and one that splits into an equally viable caster damage role. Support is almost negligible in the current meta.

So, here we are getting another caster, who it looks like is going to move from tactically based ranged support to a tactically(?) based melee off-tank or damage (or who knows, maybe a melee support role too!).
    To be honest I was kind of hoping that Turbine would have scrapped the horrible range/melee hyrbid they had introduced for the warden (for apparently no reason other than, "we can't think of a viable fist-line, and don't want to put resources toward the class anyway") so that they could suitably place it in their next class as something viable.

The story direction of the game looks cool and I would rate it a look, however I can equally become immersed in better LOTR stories elsewhere. The only appeal to me was in the MMO, and particularly in the distinct and unique PvMP environment that no other game comes close to offering after 7 years. With the lack of succinct and defining combat, class mechanics and characteristics of which stay fluent with the games core design, I'm sure in a couple of months my need to visit any lotro related sites, forums, discussions etc will complete its disintegration.

This is a negatively focused post, however I hope someone important can take note of something valuable from it.

I'd look forward to the dismissing replies of my post, but chances are I'll not even look in this forum for another year, if I'm back.

I hope you all enjoy what pleasures remain to be experienced in this old and fickle MMO.

All the best.
    Although your concerns - albeit based on principle alone - are valid. Perhaps a more wait-and-see approach is need. Your reservations are well-founded, but there's been a reason why up until this point you've stuck around, and part of that is the quality of the game?

Jus' sayin'

These new quests and the level caps will all be free to VIPs.
    Great that all 3 will (theoretically) be free to VIPs, but, um, seriously I hope you misspoke. You are going to charge non-VIPs to merely level up? I'll withhold further comment until this is either confirmed or denied... *shakeshead*

Recently we confirmed that LOTRO will be releasing a new class this year. I’m pleased to announce that this class is the Beorning! This will be LOTRO’s first class since the Mines of Moria expansion introduced the Warden and Rune-keeper.

Beornings are noted in The Lord of the Rings trilogy as a race of Man, with close origins to the Rohirrim and the Men of Dale. Most Men are not shape-changers, so we envision the Beorning as a light armor casting class with a focus on control of the battlefield. When a Beorning gathers sufficient rage, they may transform into a mighty bear.

We’ll be sharing early class designs with the new Players Council. Expect more details later this year, as the class progresses through alpha and beta.
    Can't say I'm surprised, but I do have questions. We can play these new classes from lvl 1 in the starter zones, just like every other class, right? And are they free to everyone or do they require a purchase? Lastly, any speculation on what role they will play in mounted combat? A bear on a horse is as bad as Neverwinter Online's joke about the dragon race on April Fool's Day (the vid showed a dragon riding a horse, and it was absurd).

This deserves a special mention. After reviewing all our goals for the year, major Housing changes will not be among them. We reviewed multiple options to update the system – none of them met our standards of quality, and ultimately the system you would want us to build.
    Disappointing.

Kinships: The next addition to loot options is a system of crafting tied to your Kinship house, which will encourage more social play. Our goal is to create Kinship deeds that you can complete together.

Excellent!

Gotta leave for work, but more comments may come to me later on...
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post

P.S. Sorry to ruin the party.
    You didn't!

PvMP: Why add catapults to the Ettenmoors? Why not? Siege weapons!
    So instead of PvMP are we going to have CvMC (Catapults vs Monster Catapults) ?

Wargs and spiders are going to be able to use them too?

All these look so funny to me..

I amar prestar aen.. ''the world has changed..''

So other than the Big, Large, Grand, Epic Battles - no new instances? We will have explored Rohan and into Gondor without a single Raid? I'm sincerely disheartened. My faith in and love for this game is fading fast...
    Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8, Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7

Still waiting for an update to itemization (specifically in crafting) to help me house my thousand(s) or stacks of stuff. A crafting wallet or increased stack sizes would be lovely.

Everything else is great, but having to deal with inventory management (even with being able to mail stuff from anywhere now) is such a pain to play with. It takes so much time out of exploring and actually having fun.
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

Rowan is offline Executive Producer
    The Lord of the Rings Online™
    Level caps are free to everyone. The quest content coming with new updates is free to VIPs. I hope this clarifies.
    Executive Producer
    The Lord of the Rings Online™

I am glad to be let in on some of the things they are working on. New class is long overdue, IMO. I like the feel of these changes, specially making the game a little more group oriented like it use to be. It is way to easy to solo the whole game, work with a few deeds and stuff and this game is easy to get to level cap. This letter has let me know to keep the faith and that they are working on some things, which is always good, IMO.

Thanks LOTRO team for letting us know what you can and keeping some of our hopes alive!!!!

It does, and is entirely consistent with previous iterations of LOTRO.

Looking forward to U13 and seeing whether emeralds are finally green.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Needless to say, I am extremely disgusted with Beornings as the choice for a new class. Yet another class exclusive to one race not to the mention the lore issue.

Another delay in the housing update, color it anyway you want, it still is a promise not kept.

Although I'm a lifer, I don't how much I'll play....might be time to retire to the Shire and enjoy all those pies.

2 new levelcap rises in one year? Or pretty much in half of a year? That cant possibly be right -.-

I'd rather have another mirkwood where theres no levelcap rises for a looong time. Wheres the endgame? It cant possibly be easier to just increase levelcap and add new areas than to make new instances for us to run? And no, big battles arent what im looking for.

What about people with alts? What about moors? Adding new areas and increasing the levelcap 2 times in 6 months makes absolutely no sense to me. Or it it just a devilish plan to make us more miserable with the constant need to get new Lis and try to force people use the store?

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast