We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Won't Let Me Post

Hello, I just joined the forums, and for some reason, it will not let me post or reply in any thread but this one. Assistance, please?

Over the last few months we had a spat of spam posts, Turbine got control of it by limiting new accounts to this forum. After some time you will be permitted to post in the regular forums. If you have a question you would like to ask, do so here, prefacing the question with the statement that you are new to the forums. So you have a question?

Nonetheless, you should still be able to read the other forums.

Welcome to the forums and to LOTRO.
    Ujest - 105 Lore-master, Opun - 76 Warden, plus alts and mules
    Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Over the last few months we had a spat of spam posts, Turbine got control of it by limiting new accounts to this forum. After some time you will be permitted to post in the regular forums. If you have a question you would like to ask, do so here, prefacing the question with the statement that you are new to the forums. So you have a question?

Nonetheless, you should still be able to read the other forums.

Welcome to the forums and to LOTRO.
    ^^^ What he said!

Consider this board your Intro quest chain into the open world. Complete enough quests...er, posts...and in no time at all you'll be roaming free in the other ones.

There was a large spam attack in the forums a few months ago, a lot of it inappropriate. So the devs put measures in place that only allow ppl who have just created a forum account to only b able to post in the new player forum for a period of time.

Just to show what was happening, there were a few today even with the restrictions.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

OK, thanks folks. I'm not new to the game- I have a level 75 Loremaster on Windfola.- I'm just new to the forums, thanks again for the responses!

It's something everybody goes through. Don't worry about it.

Thanks for this!

I see, I was wondering how it was that I have a subscription but couldn't post in the general discussion forums. Having to have a certain amount of posts or whatever seems strange if you're paying a sub you should have access to the general forums I would think. Still thanks for the heads up on what's going on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolnir1 View Post
    I see, I was wondering how it was that I have a subscription but couldn't post in the general discussion forums. Having to have a certain amount of posts or whatever seems strange if you're paying a sub you should have access to the general forums I would think. Still thanks for the heads up on what's going on!
    Unfortunately, this is a result of the persistent spammers who seem determined to plaster any forum they can reach. If having a subscription unlocked all forums immediately, that might just be incentive for them to use stolen credit cards to start a sub and spam everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolnir1 View Post
    Your Join Date on the forums is April 2014, which means this may be the first time you logged in and attempted to post. The system doesn't create a forum account for you until you do that, no matter how long you've been a subscriber.

Because of spam attacks, Turbine has locked down the forums. In order to post outside of this forum you need to have an account established for a while, and there are other criteria we don't know about. Basically, be patient and your permissions will change.

If there is anything you need to know, or need posted in another forum, post here and one of us will help you out.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>