We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Game crashes <2min from launch

Issue: I’m unable to stay logged into any character (of any level) on two servers, for a period longer than about… 30 seconds once into the server. The character selection screen itself crashes in less than a minute, if I do not select a character and load. Oddly enough, I managed about 30 minutes earlier today and assumed that the issue had resolved itself. It hadn't.

This is for the past couple of days, before then I had awesome load times and the game rarely crashed.

Unlike the gentleman here, I run by default on low graphics settings. Annuminas instances frequently don’t have a floor, but I’m ok with that. I also removed all plugins.

It’s not the account, I was able to log in from a different computer and play over 10 minutes on it. Do we know if the game is stable on OS X 10.9?

What else could it be?

MacBook Pro
    2.2 GHz Intel core i7
    8GB RAM 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeoin HD 6750M 1024 MB
    OS X 10.9.2
    Last edited by Nineran; Apr 12 2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: grammar in title

Interesting... Was there anything that you did in the past couple of days such as software upgrades or installations? Seems odd that it worked good recently and then didn't, sounds like something became corrupted or a process is screwing up things.

As far as stability with OSX 10.9.2, I have had some pretty good success. I have certainly turned off post-processing effects, and fiddled with shadows, running medium-ish as far as GFX settings.

MacBook Pro
    2.7 GHz Intel core i7
    8GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB GDDR5
    OS X 10.9.2