We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ridder Moors Down The Pooper!

What has happened? Really. So many things wrong with the moors, don't even know where to begin.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Vesha View Post
    What has happened? Really. So many things wrong with the moors, don't even know where to begin.
    somebody having a bad day in the moors? sorry to hear that D:

Quote Originally Posted by jpjhoan View Post
    somebody having a bad day in the moors? sorry to hear that D:
    Must be hard killing grouped creeps for once instead of running around in a raid zerging soloers all day.

Yea, it has tons of trash freeps these days.

I like where this is headed.

On a serious note (somewhat, after all, this is a videogame), the only fun you can have in the moors is not only what you take away from it, but also what you put into it.

I know what you mean OP, back in the good ol' days these kinds of threads would have at least a page and be locked a day after posting. Now the best we can manage is a few sarcastic remarks... if that doesn't show you how much people don't care, I don't know what will.

Why not start with the top 3 issues you have out there. I like to know what people think of the ever changing moors.

Don't really see anything wrong with it, been having great fights against Bele's groups and others. Thanks.

Maybe you should come out of your Npc's and stop crying on your rk stone.

Oh and you're bad, l2p, worst rank 12 I've seen, cry more.. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Guhrik View Post
    Must be hard killing grouped creeps for once instead of running around in a raid zerging soloers all day.
    But that's what you did to me

I can't tell. After 2 years of night shift they switched me to days where it's too hot and too many bosses. The only hour or 2 I get to play now I don't know the people out there. A lot less Eastern Europeans, I wish Tirn would come back, that was a mad Vietnamese freep kin that brought the fight at all odd hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkyy View Post
    Don't really see anything wrong with it, been having great fights against Bele's groups and others.
    Ty Qlimax/Apostle always on the lookout for you to find a good fight.

My Top 3

Great suggestion Sliver. In my opinion:

1- Too many people complaining about the Moors. It is what it is. Freeps need to be better organized and fight together instead of pointing fingers. A grouped up freep unit(s) fighting as a team can overcome any creep tribe, don't care how many WL's they have
    2- On freepside - need more veterans organizing and leading. I do my best but we need more leadership. Build a freep team to overcome whatever obsticle creeps give us. They heal stack, we heal stack. Period.
    3- OP wars - Annoying keep em at 2-2 and lets pvp.
    Last edited by hinellas; Jul 25 2013 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hinellas View Post
    Great suggestion Sliver. In my opinion:

1- Too many people complaining about the Moors. It is what it is. Freeps need to be better organized and fight together instead of pointing fingers. A grouped up freep unit(s) fighting as a team can overcome any creep tribe, don't care how many WL's they have
    2- On freepside - need more veterans organizing and leading. I do my best but we need more leadership. Build a freep team to overcome whatever obsticle creeps give us. They heal stack, we heal stack. Period.
    3- OP wars - Annoying keep em at 2-2 and lets pvp.
    ^This right here. Especially #3. There have been way too many times when both sides could've maintained good fights, but chose to play Musical Op's instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    ^This right here. Especially #3. There have been way too many times when both sides could've maintained good fights, but chose to play Musical Op's instead.
    Hinealls is wrong, the only right answer was posted probably a month ago by Tbow. Something about playing the game you pay for the way you desire. Anything short of that is a failure really. Riddermark has for a long, long time always been about which side can bring the numbers. 10% of the time you get a balanced fight between groups who have everything firing (balanced composition, leaders who know everyones roles, people who understand their toons role in a raid situation). Everything else is zerg and burn your side gets the ops and the buffs power to you. Should the otherside continue to feed that, its on them really. Again, if that's what they want out of their entertainment dollar so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Hinealls is wrong, the only right answer was posted probably a month ago by Tbow. Something about playing the game you pay for the way you desire. Anything short of that is a failure really. Riddermark has for a long, long time always been about which side can bring the numbers. 10% of the time you get a balanced fight between groups who have everything firing (balanced composition, leaders who know everyones roles, people who understand their toons role in a raid situation). Everything else is zerg and burn your side gets the ops and the buffs power to you. Should the otherside continue to feed that, its on them really. Again, if that's what they want out of their entertainment dollar so be it.
    This is highly illogical. We are sworn forum enemies. RECANT I SAY!

just kidding :P

Play the way you pay, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post

They let me back in, must be the new forums.....

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post

As much as I would like to agree with this, it just seems like the easy way out. The argument ending excuse that anyone can use for any style of gameplay...heck even rank farmers could use this as an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    As much as I would like to agree with this, it just seems like the easy way out. The argument ending excuse that anyone can use for any style of gameplay...heck even rank farmers could use this as an excuse.
    The suggestion being that there is something inherently wrong with the play. You used the term "excuse" as the theme of your reply, that would suggest that those choosing to use what you call the excuse are somehow in violation of some truism. The problem you then have is you would need to establish, absolutely, that your perception of the play is that truism for any of this to be an excuse at all. In the end though you seem to get it, indirectly. Rank farmers aren't using it as an excuse they are simply excersising the one truism in this situation as stated
    Something about playing the game you pay for the way you desire
    . Unless you have a macro scenario that encompasses the moors game play? as an example, are you saying absolutely that a 6 man group of 4 hunters and 2 RK healers is not an acceptable way to play? In order to have a meaningful discourse on the merits of play we have to break down the players core value, essentially we have to be able to relate to one another on some level and the simplistic statement I quoted is a great start. Once you accept that as the truism it allows you to find like minded people and begin to chat about what collectively might be accepted better game play. That requires a few elements that riddermark PvP (and most other servers) simply don't have, intelligence, understanding of the circumstances both sides face, an expectation of a sincere partner desiring the same outcome, maturity (I could go on). The problem is, anonymity voids most of the essential elements to move beyond the simplistic concept you call an excuse. Apathy plays a roll but in the end, no one really gives enough of a #### about anyone else to actually make an effort to find a common "good play" beyond "you paid, you can play anyway you want". Sometimes the simple way out, is the only way out. You accept the simple concept that you play the game the way you desire, and others do as well it makes getting value from it much easier. When things aren't the way you want it to be, you simply log off. Beyond that would be an attempt to impose your desired playstyle upon someone else, it will never work.
    Last edited by Thorgrum; Aug 03 2013 at 01:09 AM.

The suggestion being that there is something inherently wrong with the play. You used the term "excuse" as the theme of your reply, that would suggest that those choosing to use what you call the excuse are somehow in violation of some truism. The problem you then have is you would need to establish, absolutely, that your perception of the play is that truism for any of this to be an excuse at all. In the end though you seem to get it, indirectly. Rank farmers aren't using it as an excuse they are simply excersising the one truism in this situation as stated.
    To be honest, this is a little too smart for some people to understand. Please dumb it down a little more, something along the lines of "I pay to play this game, therefore everyone must play my way regardless whether they pay their own subs".

Most people can't see past their own noses. Unfortunately.

I would have to agree with playing the way you pay. Is it an excuse to play poorly? Perhaps. But just like in real life you can't make everyone live the way you feel is best. What it comes down to is the best server PvP communities are the ones that can pull together and create a good PvP environment. Ridder is one of those that can't, therefore we are in the situation we are. There just isn't a whole lot we can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    To be honest, this is a little too smart for some people to understand. Please dumb it down a little more, something along the lines of "I pay to play this game, therefore everyone must play my way regardless whether they pay their own subs".

Most people can't see past their own noses. Unfortunately.
    sure I can dumb it down. I used to advocate for changes to the moors, specifically creepside changes. Ive come to realize its mostly a large waste of time and retraction of expectation is the prudent course. Essentially the concepts expressed in this thread mostly rely on the notion of some universally accepted "good play" its a non existent entity and so im offering a measure of wisdom to those smart enough to accept it (Sele is on the cusp of getting it). Apathy seems to already have a firm grasp in the ridder PvP world, it wasn't always like this. There were times when genuine passionate dislike occurred. You cant extract that unless someone is willing to point out the truth, you need the stupidity of others who have their heads so far up their own rectums that they believe others should play the way they desire.

sure I can dumb it down. I used to advocate for changes to the moors, specifically creepside changes. Ive come to realize its mostly a large waste of time and retraction of expectation is the prudent course. Essentially the concepts expressed in this thread mostly rely on the notion of some universally accepted "good play" its a non existent entity and so im offering a measure of wisdom to those smart enough to accept it (Sele is on the cusp of getting it). Apathy seems to already have a firm grasp in the ridder PvP world, it wasn't always like this. There were times when genuine passionate dislike occurred. You cant extract that unless someone is willing to point out the truth, you need the stupidity of others who have their heads so far up their own rectums that they believe others should play the way they desire.
    It's still a too smart of an answer! Please rectify this. (I love the that word.....)

Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    Please rectify this. (I love the that word.....)
    Because rectum.

Quote Originally Posted by Summberbell View Post
    Because rectum.
    Rectum? Damn near killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by ContraMundum View Post
    This makes me feel funny down there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast