We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question This week's Helms Deep offer

I would appreciate it if you could please make the 50% off offer on Helm's Deep also applicable to the cash purchase versions of the expansion packs.

Yes! Please add the 50% offer to the market ones.

Turbine already did a 50% off on the Market version that is sold for dollars back in December 2013.

The Lotro Store offer that is available currently is the response to customer requests for a 50% off sale on the Turbine Point version.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine already did a 50% off on the Market version that is sold for dollars back in December 2013.

The Lotro Store offer that is available currently is the response to customer requests for a 50% off sale on the Turbine Point version.
    I'm confused now... So... the in-game TP purchase will be 50% of the Market Page version and the Market Page will remain at current "full" price?

Market page current shows: 59.99 and 39.99

So the in-game version will be @30.00 of TP and @20.00 of TP?
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Already knew that.

Doesn't hurt having it in the market again.

Quite frankly I don't think expansions should even be sold in the in game store.

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    I'm confused now... So... the in-game TP purchase will be 50% of the Market Page version and the Market Page will remain at current "full" price?

Market page current shows: 59.99 and 39.99

So the in-game version will be @30.00 of TP and @20.00 of TP?
    The tp version I believe is 4995 tps & is 50% off that.

I don't see how that is relevant.. THIS is thread of customer requests for a 50% off for the store version alongside the TP version.

Quote Originally Posted by freedaemons View Post
    I don't see how that is relevant.. THIS is thread of customer requests for a 50% off for the store version alongside the TP version.
    It is relevant:

1) It tells you that Turbine has done a 50% off on the dollar version in the Lotro Market in the past. There is a precedent for another 50% sale in the future.

2) It took four months after the request for a 50% Turbine Point version before Turbine got a Round Tuit.

Using these two pieces of information a reasonable conclusion is the 50% off on the dollar version in the Lotro Market will reappear in about four months. That would be August, 2014.

My personal opinion, it will be back. Not something that we will see soon. My guess it will be shortly before Update 14 is ready to launch. Hopefully Update 14 is ready in 4 months instead of 5 months it took for Update 13 - November 18, 2013 --> April 14, 2014 (scheduled).
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I was helping a friend buy this ( I cannot see it because I already own the expansion) and I am not sure which version he got. It seems like he got the base version but wanted the premium version as listed on the Market Place pages.

• Is there only one version now?
    • How can we tell which version he got? (@2148 TP)
    • Is there a way to get the premium version?
    • Do we file a ticket or call the home office?

TIA
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

I was helping a friend buy this ( I cannot see it because I already own the expansion) and I am not sure which version he got. It seems like he got the base version but wanted the premium version as listed on the Market Place pages.

• Is there only one version now?
    • How can we tell which version he got? (@2148 TP)
    • Is there a way to get the premium version?
    • Do we file a ticket or call the home office?

TIA
    As far as I know, you can't get the legendary version in the LotRO store, only from the site. His best bet is to call customer service to confirm.

I figured they put it on sale in the LOTRO Store now because the new region that's coming out on the 14th requires Helm's Deep to quest there. I'm happy they did, I was saving up for Journeyman Riding Skill, but bought Helm's Deep instead (finally!).
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

The current sale is for the in-game LOTRO Store purchase only.

This will make it 50% off the Turbine Point cost.

The item available in the LOTRO Store is the same as the Base edition on the LOTRO Market .

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterU View Post
    The current sale is for the in-game LOTRO Store purchase only.

This will make it 50% off the Turbine Point cost.

The item available in the LOTRO Store is the same as the Base edition on the LOTRO Market .
    Thank you, I spoke about the options with my friend and he will stick with the in-game version.

Suggestion 1: The in-game version title needs to be clearer that it's the base version and that the premium version is only available via The Market Page. Just to avoid confusion like my own.

or

Suggestion 2: Have an option in the store to "see in ghost mode" items that are blocked to your character. Normally I walk my friend though how to find things in the store but items like expacs and quests I cannot see because I've purchased the whole enchilada, so it's harder for me to help get him to the right items.

Suggestion 2: Have an option in the store to "see in ghost mode" items that are blocked to your character. Normally I walk my friend though how to find things in the store but items like expacs and quests I cannot see because I've purchased the whole enchilada, so it's harder for me to help get him to the right items.
    That is a great idea. I imagine it might be easier in system resources too?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Thank you, I spoke about the options with my friend and he will stick with the in-game version.

Suggestion 1: The in-game version title needs to be clearer that it's the base version and that the premium version is only available via The Market Page. Just to avoid confusion like my own.

or

For what it's worth...

I ran into this trying to buy stuff for a friend a couple of years ago, since I'm VIP. Worked around it by creating a new free account.

Certainly better to be able to see more in the store on a main account, including stuff you can't buy.

Suggestion 2 might be more work than is feasible. Would it be useful to have a dump of store data to a relatively static web page with an expandable tree view? Not updated with prices and sales, just the trees and what's offered, so you can look and see how to get to something without even being in game (or Alt-Tabbed out).
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com