We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down Game time and VIP

A friend bought me vip status with game time, which gave me 2 months, yet to purchase 3 months is the same price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is Lotro ripping people off for a month of gameplay?.....funny how they make the 3 month choice (29.97) 3 cents cheaper than the 2 month time price (29.99) Its bull ####! Whether someone is gifting a friend or not the same time should be offered!...sad to see someone get seriously overcharged for being nice! Not a good way to make people want to play! Money is money, no matter who its paid for, no need for greed Lotro........

Very unhappy player

Quote Originally Posted by Missfits View Post
    A friend bought me vip status with game time,
    I don't know what you mean by "with game time"... Because, you typically have to use cash.
    which gave me 2 months, yet to purchase 3 months is the same price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is Lotro ripping people off for a month of gameplay?
    It's not a rip off, it's simply a reduction in price for buying in bulk.

En fact, they offer a 12 month Subscription for $99, which translates to $8.25 per month. Are you going to cry about that next?
    Whether someone is gifting a friend or not the same time should be offered!
    It IS offered. The fact that your friend opted to purchase 2 one-months, instead of the three-month bundle, is your friend's fault. It's not Turbine's fault.

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/vip

Available Plans
    Choose the option that's right for you!

Most Popular!
    $9.99
    Per Month*
    For 3 Month Subscription
    A $15 Savings!
    vs the standard monthly price

$14.99
    Per Month

$59.94
    6 Month
    Subscription
    A $30 Savings!

$99
    12 Month
    Subscription
    Over a $79 Savings!
    Last edited by HaleElven; Apr 09 2014 at 12:28 PM.

Sounds like your friend didn't see the 3-month option...not Turbine's fault.

Getting a better deal for buying a larger quantity is typical of most transactions. Agreed that it's a bit odd that 2 and 3 months are so close in price, but imo, that just makes the 3-months a nice deal. Perhaps the 3-month price is a special offer? I dunno.

Why not just go and enjoy your 2 months of VIP?
    [URL="http://www.sigcreator.com/"][IMG]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/2092919610lotro_lotro32.png[/IMG][/URL]

funny how they make the 3 month choice (29.97) 3 cents cheaper than the 2 month time price (29.99)
    Two cents cheaper...just saying...

I'm not sure how this is anyone's fault. You're friend didn't choose the 3 month option, it's not like they hid it from him or made him buy two 1 month options. You have 60 days of VIP, why are you even mad?

You guys clearly don't get it and are eager to bite someones head off then actually understand!........

To become VIP YOURSELF: You pay these options!:

Most Popular!

$9.99
    Per Month*
    For 3 Month Subscription *(29.97)*
    A $15 Savings!

$14.99
    Per Month

$59.94
    6 Month
    Subscription
    A $30 Savings!

$99
    12 Month
    Subscription
    Over a $79 Savings!

To purchase for a FRIEND you only can do it with time cards which are these choices/prices:

Upgrading a friend's account to VIP status

To upgrade a friend's account to VIP status, you can purchase a Game Time Card in the Turbine Store. Once purchased, the Game Time Card will be visible on the receipt page and sent to you via email as well. You can then forward the email to your friend

12-Month Game Time
    $99.99
    BUY NOW
    12-Month Game Time
    With The Lord of the Rings Online™ 12-Month Game Time, you get all VIP benefits for a full year!

More Info »
    ESRB Image
    60-Day Game Time
    *$29.99*
    BUY NOW

Now that I detailed explained step by step hope people now comprehend what they are reading >.<......need to explain things to people so literally these days or they just don't understand ...frustrating!
    Last edited by Missfits; Apr 09 2014 at 01:17 PM.

You guys clearly don't get it and are eager to bite someones head off then actually understand!
    Then, don't look so tasty.
    Now that I detailed explained step by step hope people now comprehend what they are reading >.<......need to explain things to people so literally these days or they just don't understand ...frustrating!
    Or, they could have just given you some cash, and let you upgrade your own account.

We are not Turbine, nor do we decide where and when they offer their bulk discount.

To purchase for a FRIEND you only can do it with time cards...
    There is another option. You can contact Turbine Account Management to use the gift program. The gift program allows you to buy anything available for purchase on MyAccount for your friend's account. All you need is an acceptable payment method and enough of your friend's personal information (e.g. Turbine user id and Lotro account nickname if your friend has more than one Lotro account) so that Turbine find the correct Lotro account.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Then, don't look so tasty.

Or, they could have just given you some cash, and let you upgrade your own account.

We are not Turbine, nor do we decide where and when they offer their bulk discount.
    My friend lives in a different country! For one, and you may be able to use "cash" to get you account to vip, but in my country we don't have lotro time cards...credit card and paypal are our only options, and not everyone uses paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    There is another option. You can contact Turbine Account Management to use the gift program. The gift program allows you to buy anything available for purchase on MyAccount for your friend's account. All you need is an acceptable payment method and enough of your friend's personal information (e.g. Turbine user id and Lotro account nickname if your friend has more than one Lotro account) so that Turbine find the correct Lotro account.

Yes, when my friend paid for this for me somehow it was credited to their account, they contacted lotro, but they gave me the 60 day one, I don't care that I only got 60 days, Im upset that many others that are nice enough to gift their friends will be ripped off by paying for 3 months worth but only getting 2.

My friend lives in a different country! For one, and you may be able to use "cash" to get you account to vip, but in my country we don't have lotro time cards...credit card and paypal are our only options, and not everyone uses paypal.
    I can see why you are disappointed. It does suck to get one deal and find out there was a better one you could have gotten. It's a shame he didn't know that he could contact Turbine to buy other types of subscriptions for you. Next time, that would be his best bet if he wants to get you the 3 month option. For the record I agree that the 2 month option is a bit of a ripoff.

OP, you should take a look at this Sticky posted here on the forums by Turbine:

Gift Giving, Payments on Friends' Accounts and Manual Points Purchases
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.