We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Smile buy turbine points via steam

    i'm someone who uses steam a lot, and the ability to buy turbine points via steam wallet would be an added bonus. what do you guys think? P.S. if this is in the wrong thread i apologise

  2. #2
    I use steam as well for LOTRO, and i manage to use my steam wallet fine for the store. Admittedly what i do is pick the pay via steam option and then just use my card as opposed to using credit already on my steam wallet, and use LOTRO via steam (downloaded from steam and run it via steam), but everything seems to work fine like that.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lele1100 View Post
    I use steam as well for LOTRO, and i manage to use my steam wallet fine for the store. Admittedly what i do is pick the pay via steam option and then just use my card as opposed to using credit already on my steam wallet, and use LOTRO via steam (downloaded from steam and run it via steam), but everything seems to work fine like that.
    i didn't know you could buy stuff in the lotro store via steam, thanks for enlightening me

  4. #4
    i've tried to buy TP via steam for 3 or so hours and nothing but error 22 any help?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,649
    Quote Originally Posted by galdollang View Post
    i've tried to buy TP via steam for 3 or so hours and nothing but error 22 any help?
    The link between Valve (Steam) and Turbine, has always been tenuous at best. They are two separate companies and Support at Valve is much more difficult to contact than Support at Turbine!

    The Steam Wallet link has "been down" (i.e. that error 22) since about Wednesday 16 April. I suspect that everybody at Valve is still hung-over from PAX East!

    I follow the LOTRO Thread at Steam and that particular error seems to come and go. Earlier today, it seems to have cleared up for folks trying to buy TP, after having been reported since Wednesday.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

    Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91

  6. #6

    Smile

    thanks Valamar managed to get my turbine points... eventually after 200 or so click lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    The link between Valve (Steam) and Turbine, has always been tenuous at best. They are two separate companies and Support at Valve is much more difficult to contact than Support at Turbine!

    The Steam Wallet link has "been down" (i.e. that error 22) since about Wednesday 16 April. I suspect that everybody at Valve is still hung-over from PAX East!

    I follow the LOTRO Thread at Steam and that particular error seems to come and go. Earlier today, it seems to have cleared up for folks trying to buy TP, after having been reported since Wednesday.
    So... The steam valve to the turbine is faulty? :P

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikitsa_Ouyevoli View Post
    So... The steam valve to the turbine is faulty? :P
    looks like it :/ fortunately my dad's a plumber

  9. #9
    The only time I use Steam for any LotRO need, is if I ever need to reinstall/download.
    The Pando-whatever that Turbine used, IMO, is malware.

  10. #10
    Nuuma
    The only time I use Steam for any LotRO need, is if I ever need to reinstall/download.
    The Pando-whatever that Turbine used, IMO, is malware.
    They stated some time ago for people to remove Pando. Lotro uses akamai netsession for install and repair of corrupted files. After which it can be uninstalled from your computer.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    148
    You can buy via Steam wallet... if the Steam overlay even works for you when playing LOTRO. My boyfriend has been unable to purchase TP for months and months now. It'd be nice if maybe someone at Turbine gave Valve a poke to see if that's something they could fix. For Valve and Turbine's combined benefit of sales. He's not the only one to have the problem, and none of the suggested fixes on the Valve forums have helped. As a result, he's been spending his money in RIFT instead.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#009966][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3][I][FONT=palatino linotype]I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]--------------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#cc9933][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffcc66]> [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffcc66][FONT=franklin gothic medium]Founder of [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=franklin gothic medium][U][URL="http://legacyofnarsilion.guildlaunch.com/"][COLOR=#99ff99]Legacy of Narsilion[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ffcc66] <[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff6600]- [FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=2]Extra Life Gamer | [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][U][URL="http://www.extra-life.org/participant/89904"][COLOR=#ff0033]Captain[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ff6600][FONT=franklin gothic medium], [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium]--------------------------------------------------[/FONT][/CENTER]

  12. #12

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by AarawynnP View Post
    You can buy via Steam wallet... if the Steam overlay even works for you when playing LOTRO. My boyfriend has been unable to purchase TP for months and months now. It'd be nice if maybe someone at Turbine gave Valve a poke to see if that's something they could fix. For Valve and Turbine's combined benefit of sales. He's not the only one to have the problem, and none of the suggested fixes on the Valve forums have helped. As a result, he's been spending his money in RIFT instead.
    there is perhaps one fix for it- perseverance. just keep trying and you may get lucky. tried 2 days in a row and managed to get them lol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    148
    I don't mean the error that sometimes happens with the LOTRO store. (I get that pretty frequently and it ends up swaying me towards not bothering to make the purchase in the long run.) I mean when he has LOTRO running, the Steam overlay refuses to work. He has tried reinstalling both LOTRO and the Steam client, as well as toggled all settings back and forth and opted into the Steam beta. He uses money via Steam all the time, so he usually has money there to spend. It's pointless to spend more money in a different way when you already have money available. I feel bad for him. But maybe once he's moved here I can help him troubleshoot more.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#009966][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3][I][FONT=palatino linotype]I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]--------------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#cc9933][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffcc66]> [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffcc66][FONT=franklin gothic medium]Founder of [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=franklin gothic medium][U][URL="http://legacyofnarsilion.guildlaunch.com/"][COLOR=#99ff99]Legacy of Narsilion[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ffcc66] <[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff6600]- [FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=2]Extra Life Gamer | [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][U][URL="http://www.extra-life.org/participant/89904"][COLOR=#ff0033]Captain[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ff6600][FONT=franklin gothic medium], [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium]--------------------------------------------------[/FONT][/CENTER]

  14. #14
    Another option is just not to use STEAM - IMHO, just say no to STEAM for anything. Bloated, spyware laden middlemen.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,860
    If you launch a Steam-downloaded LotRO through the Steam client, you can purchase TP through Steam.
    If you can't get the purchase to go through, but still want to pay cash, launch the client via the launcher in the install directory. It will bypass steam and let you buy points directly with money.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload