We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Endless loading screen after starter instance

I'm not sure if this is because the game is technically still downloading (3560MB out of 12781MB at the moment), but while creating a character and loading the starter (elf) instance is smooth and quick, I get stuck at the loading screen when you finish the instance. I've tried it repeatedly, closed the client and even restarted my computer, but no go. I've noticed if I let it sit for a good 20 minutes it will get a tiny bit loaded, but at that rate it'd take hours.

I have DSL if that helps, not the best connection, but generally not bad.
    Last edited by Milodus; Apr 08 2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typo

Might as well just let the game download it sounds like Happy Cloud is making you sad.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

It's only happening on the Laurelin(sp?) server, I've noticed. I tried another server and it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Milodus View Post
    It's only happening on the Laurelin(sp?) server, I've noticed. I tried another server and it works just fine.
    Did you try again on Laurelin after the other server worked?

The Happy Cloud installer does an incremental install so that you can start playing the beginning content while the remainder is downloaded. If you play faster than it can install, you'll run into the exact problem you saw. It's possible that by the time you created a new char on another server and played the tutorial, it had installed the starter area and you could continue.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com