We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hello Laurelin!

Hello Laurelin!

I thought I'd introduce myself, as I'm new to Laurelin and I'd like to find some people to roleplay with. I didn't even realise that LOTR had RP servers when I first rolled, so I have a lvl 68 character on Withywindle, but rather than shelling out to move her here, I thought I'd start again and RP through the levelling process (I used to play WoW, and that was by far the most fun I had, much better than all the end-game testosterone). So, I'm now a mannish champion by the name of Deredan (I don't know how to change my forum identity, it still says Aledhiel at the top which is my female elf minstrel on Withywindle); Deredan is from Gondor, but his family has long-established links to the north, and his mother is a woman of the northern Dunedain. He's come north at his father's urging, to offer what aid he can to the Rangers and the other free folk that live here.

I have fairly intermittent availabilities, so I'm probably not a good candidate for RPing any major epic storylines, but I'm in character all the time, and I love to interact IC with anyone I meet. I'm speaking mainly from my experience playing WoW, as I've been levelling in a very solitary manner over on Withywindle, and I don't even have much of a grasp on using the social functions of the game yet! However, I'd be very interested in joining a kinship where I could make a contribution to an immersive, in-character community; I've been a Tolkien fan for nearly 40 years, and I'm not prone to god-moding or overly grandiose affectations in my RP, so I should be able to fit in well enough. RL precludes me making many firm in-game commitments, but I'd like to find a community where I can find regular opportunities for IC social events and gatherings, as well as casual interactions and levelling mates (although I shall also endeavour to make friends with everyone I meet wandering around).

Any suggestions regarding kinships that might have a place for me would be greatly appreciated; if you're reading this, then I hope to meet you in-world as soon as possible!

Welcome to Laurelin! I'm sure you'll be in good hands here. I play a dwarf guardian in Durin's Folk, which is a dwarf-only kinship, but I'm sure you'll find other good kinships here. You should check out the forum here and over at http://laurelinarchives.org/ which is the RP-hub for Laurelin. (Which reminds me that I've yet to fill out the profile for Grorax - and his brother Graran.)

Also check out this thread if you're interested in the levelling experience and doing the content on-level: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...tent!-Join-Now!

Not a roleplayer myself, but welcome Laurelin!
    Have fun and safe travels!

Thanks chaps, hope to see you somewhere in Middle Earth :-) I wondered why these forums seemed a bit quiet on the RP front, I'll head over to the Archives and get myself signed up… And thanks very much for pointing out the levelling channel, I'll get stuck in there when I'm next online.

I'm interested why a non-RPer would play on an RP server. Is it because the atmosphere's better? That was certainly the case when I used to play WoW; it was bad enough on the RP servers, but the others were fantastically irritating (or amusing, depending what mood I was in).

I think its because generally speaking the player base on Laurelin is pretty sensible as a whole. The nice addition is almost everyone has Middle Earth sounding names.

Cool

I'm new to Laurelin as well, and I have to say I love its immersive and friendly environment. As a huge fan of the lore of Middle-Earth and of the Professor's works, I'm really happy to have found a community with similar interests. I'm currently playing an Minstrel of mixed Noldorin and Sindarin heritage, Uilossiel. Feel free to /hail me in-game if you see me!