We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Relics in Big Battles

With the level 95 weapons needing t10 relics, the amount of runs of regular instances needed to acquire enough of them means not much time to do big battles. With the dawn of the level 95 first ager around the corner, we will be needing relics more than ever. Can they be added to the big battle rewards, like in regular instances and raids?

Or a easier way than addind more to the rng is to do a few sch/ lib runs at a lower level (so you can b low through them) or smabrogs ect. I usually run them at lvl 65 and gain tons of t3 and t4 relics which forge up nicely.

Also although its a clicky pain, if you still have the moria barter items (Khadzul tablets and rusted dwarf tools) these can be bartered in bree or moria (at your legendary barter vender) for 2 t1 relics each. Since I always run kinnies through the moria stuff I buy 100 at a time and forge them up (gets a bit expensive but hey its free relics right)
    Good Luck SSG.... May good fortune find you and bring this game to the place it deserves to be

Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?

I like this idea. Seeing as there don't appear to be plans to implement a token-type system (though I'm still hoping for the best), maybe the tier of relic/s could depend on the medal earned. (In addition to the jewelry reward.) For example, platinum = t9, gold = t8, silver = t7, bronze = t6. Then at least I'd get something for my time, even if I got my platinum reward was a necklace that I've already gotten 3 times (which just happened to me tonight, by the way).

I'm on the other side of the fence with this, over the years i have collected so many relics and ixp runes i have been giving them away for the best part of 18 months now. Maybe i'm the exception but with the amount of drops you get from scaled runs i feel like i have them coming out of my ears. I dont feel adding them to Battles would be of benefit, infact adding them would be of detriment to other loot you might want given the upcoming rotation from the existing two "gold" pieces to the previously missing other four. Add to that the possibility of FA symbols and you dilute the loot table more and make the RNG ever harder to play with.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    I'm on the other side of the fence with this, over the years i have collected so many relics and ixp runes i have been giving them away for the best part of 18 months now. Maybe i'm the exception but with the amount of drops you get from scaled runs i feel like i have them coming out of my ears. I dont feel adding them to Battles would be of benefit, infact adding them would be of detriment to other loot you might want given the upcoming rotation from the existing two "gold" pieces to the previously missing other four. Add to that the possibility of FA symbols and you dilute the loot table more and make the RNG ever harder to play with.
    Just to clarify, I'd only be behind the idea if it was in addition to the current loot. I don't think it should be added to the current 1-item-per-run loot table. I'd just like to get something in addition to the bound duplicate jewelry which I vendor trash.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisli View Post
    Just to clarify, I'd only be behind the idea if it was in addition to the current loot. I don't think it should be added to the current 1-item-per-run loot table. I'd just like to get something in addition to the bound duplicate jewelry which I vendor trash.
    Agree.

Honestly, I would want to see additional reward as another way to encourage players, giving a little sense of achievement. Skirmishs do this by adding occasional relics and coin loots, so BB should do the same by giving the rewards to side-quests, either coins or relic or sometimes something new like a cosmetic gift box.

Since trash mobs in BB did not drop anything, so there is not even chance for a rare loot-box or key like skirmishes (which can be dropped from lieutenants), making some people like do not want to deal with mobs.

The problem is that how the rewards will be for lowbie people. I guess coin loots with value amount similar to skirmish coins will do good for lv1-50, and addition tier 1-4 relic will be added for lv51-80, and tier 4-6 for 81-95.

In addition, BB should have an achievement system like skirmish too. Helping soldier to kill 1,000 uruks, gaining all platium in one run, doing the run without giving command to soldiers or using siege engines...
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]