We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Trying to get the steed thing started

Im doing the Epic quest (book 8 chapter 1) that says - do all the quests in Langhold, then Tourneyfield in Harwick (to get 'war steeds')

Im not paying monthly, and havent bought the rohan expansion.

I previously had walked around and had already done every quest visible in Langhold before even starting the Galadriel Decisions Epic Book 7
    (the one that you do scenes of the ending of the first movie, that leads you into rohan)

I cant seem to find any additional quests around Landhold, and the Tourneyfield has nothing but the Horse selling stuff (but no quest continuance)

Allegedly you are supposed to be able to do all the Epic quest lines (F2P) without buying anything

Is it a scripting screwup (since I finished Langhold stuff before activating that chain of Epic quests that led me there) ?

Can you any longer move forward on the Epic chain without buying that expansion where you get the steed stuff?

Usually they arent subtle about having you find the stuff you need to complete (the focus arrow points at the Tourneyfield stables - but there is nothing there AND but ive seen weirdnness with that pointer thing for years)

Are there quests far away from Langhold in 'the wold' I have to search out to get past this point???
    Last edited by wodinoneeye; Apr 09 2014 at 06:33 AM.

You should be fine with the Epic in Rohan. The only expansion you need to buy for the Epic quests is Helm's Deep.

For the war-steed, check your completed quests in the Wold against this list. They need to be done before you will see the one on the Tourney Field.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Deva...e_North_Quests

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    You should be fine with the Epic in Rohan. The only expansion you need to buy for the Epic quests is Helm's Deep.

For the war-steed, check your completed quests in the Wold against this list. They need to be done before you will see the one on the Tourney Field.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Deva...e_North_Quests

Thanks, that was what I was looking for.
    Its the whole 'wold' and the 'patrol of the river watch' quest thing evaportaes (i had done most of the ones before that)