We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Can you own a Kinship house as your personal house?

OK so what i want to know is, say i make a kin and put all my alts in it. Wait for 3 months until it reaches rank 7 and lets me buy kin house so i buy the house i want with my main. can i then say disband the kin and keep the house as my personal house? or will it be lost when the kin is disbanded? basically i really want a kin house as my own personal house and if i have to wait 3 months for this then so be it. If the method i have suggested wont work can you suggest some ways that might?
    TYVM!!!

Short answer is no.

The kin house belongs to the kin and whoever is the kin leader is the one that controls the kin house. If you create a kin and buy a kin house, you as te kin leader control it. If someone else becomes the kin leader then they will control it. For kin houses the owner is the kinship, so whoever is the kin leader is the one that controls the kin house. If the kinship disbands or is dissolved the kin house goes back on the market since the "owner" (the kinship) no longer exists.

If you want to keep the kin house then you have to keep the kinship active and the kin house paid for. Also, the since the kin house is owned by the kinship and not the character, you can get a standard/deluxe house plus a kin house for any kinship you are the leader for. If you have 10 characters on the account, each character can (theoretically) be a kin leader and control a kin house. Which means (in this example) 10 kin houses plus your standard/deluxe house. This is for each server as well.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

I do this very thing, you just can't disband the Kinship after you get the house. Create a kin, wait a few months, enjoy giant house.

At the moment you still need 8 characters to keep a kinship active or it will disband. If you really want your own kinship house make a kinship and put your alts in it to meet the required members, wait the three months, then purchase your kinship house. Since you used your alts to fill it technically you are the only person in that kinship so you are the sole owner. If you decided not to have your main character join that kinship, for whatever reason, do not forget to set permissions so it can pay upkeep, go inside, use storage and etc....

Enjoy having your own kinship house but remember: If the kinship is disbanded it no longer exists. If it no longer exists there can't be a house!
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/nedkrr.png[/IMG]

Just a reminder, as of U13, launching on the 14th of April, there will no longer be an 8 member requirement for kins. So if you want to make it really easy for yourself, just wait until after update 13 to start up your kin.

Shhh! Alt account, make alt kin lead, wait the 7 ranks of time, purchase said kin house, add your main to the allowed list and presto! You have your main house, kin house and alt house for storage. I bought mine in the same neighborhood and all surrounding the kinhouse so I have them in one place. My husband and daughters all have houses there too.

No you can't
    An easy solution is to make a new character wait till your kin hits r7 and buy a kin house near to your personal one

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNARA View Post
    No you can't
    But you just said I could... (Btw, I'm doing this with my multiboxes)

An easy solution is to make a new character wait till your kin hits r7 and buy a kin house near to your personal one
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    But you just said I could... (Btw, I'm doing this with my multiboxes)
    I mean that he can't make a kin-put all his alts in there-when kin hits r7 buy a kin house-disband kin and still can use the kin house
    If he disbands kin-kin house will be auto-abandoned

It's quicker and easier to simply buy an existing kin of appropriate rank, change the name if you care.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

My friends and I have done this in order to control all the building in our neighborhood. We made new free accounts, leveled them to 15 to buy up the extra small houses, and used them to make 3 additional kins. I even named my Kin after my main, so when you go up to my Kin house it displays my name.