We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTRO Store never works right

I always have trouble with the LOTRO store. Last night I wanted to purchase some LOTRO store points. I clicked on "buy now" for the points I wanted then when payment info was requested I clicked on Pay by PayPal; then I was taken to the PayPal website, entered my PayPal username and password, but nothing happened after that.

This is not the only issue with the LOTRO store. The LOTRO store screen often goes blank for no apparent reason. I have searched the issues in these forums but I have never been able to determine what to do to fix the problem.

--Kingdom of Roth

I would like to add to this thread. I've tried looking in the cosmetic section and where it used to be split in sections like cloaks, dresses, head gear and so on, all the cosmetic items are lumped in the same section. For example, I can't just look for boots any more. I'm going from memory because I lost my internet last week, but all the cosmetic items were in the "store exclusive" section all mixed up.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I would like to add to this thread. I've tried looking in the cosmetic section and where it used to be split in sections like cloaks, dresses, head gear and so on, all the cosmetic items are lumped in the same section. For example, I can't just look for boots any more. I'm going from memory because I lost my internet last week, but all the cosmetic items were in the "store exclusive" section all mixed up.
    This is my pet peeve as well. I miss being able to go to the menu tree and search by the breakdown we used to have. Now I have to type the item classification in the search bar. If I'm really lucky, I might actually think of the correct term to get what I want.

I don't complain about much around here (at least hopefully not in an obvious manner!), but poor organization in a shopping site makes me scream in frustration. This was the one and only place I could enjoy clothes shopping. Now it's like shopping in a store that piles all the clothes on a table in a jumble and expects the customer to dig for treasure.

Please bring back the old menu tree!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofpepsi View Post
    I always have trouble with the LOTRO store. Last night I wanted to purchase some LOTRO store points. I clicked on "buy now" for the points I wanted then when payment info was requested I clicked on Pay by PayPal; then I was taken to the PayPal website, entered my PayPal username and password, but nothing happened after that.

This is not the only issue with the LOTRO store. The LOTRO store screen often goes blank for no apparent reason. I have searched the issues in these forums but I have never been able to determine what to do to fix the problem.

--Kingdom of Roth
    This sounds like something went wrong somewhere with the network connection. The Store is separate from the game, in that another company builds and provides the service. I usually am able to get the Store later if I get the blank screen and the Store in not undergoing maintenance. Store maintenance usually is announced in advance.

I did have an issue purchasing Points once and had to call Account Support. I was able to get everything straightened out that way.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Sometimes the store does not accept a Paypal payment that forwards the money directly from the bank account of the respective player. In such a case, it might help to move a certain amount of money to the Paypal account beforehand, so that it can be billed directly from the Paypal account.

Also, there is an extensive PayPal related FAQ (Link shamelessly copied from a posting of Penter-Kar)
    PayPal-FAQ

Back to Topic: I would also prefer a store that displays item in a more structured way than it currently is.

Greetings, Polymachos

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    This is my pet peeve as well. I miss being able to go to the menu tree and search by the breakdown we used to have. Now I have to type the item classification in the search bar. If I'm really lucky, I might actually think of the correct term to get what I want.

I don't complain about much around here (at least hopefully not in an obvious manner!), but poor organization in a shopping site makes me scream in frustration. This was the one and only place I could enjoy clothes shopping. Now it's like shopping in a store that piles all the clothes on a table in a jumble and expects the customer to dig for treasure.

Please bring back the old menu tree!
    Thank you Belle, you are much more articulate in presenting your case than I am. No wonder my main is a guard. "Me! Smash!"
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    (Link shamelessly copied from a posting of Penter-Kar)
    In the word of Gomer Pyle: "Shame! Shame! Shame!
    Sorry, couldn't resist
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    In the word of Gomer Pyle: "Shame! Shame! Shame!
    Sorry, couldn't resist

Citizen's Arrest! Citizen's Arrest!