We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Creeps Outside the Moors!

In the Twitch Stream, after verifying that there will be a new freep class, a question was answered stating that there is a chance of letting creeps out of the moors and pillaging other areas as an event. Not sure how this will work, hopefully it will be in Western Rohan so creeps don't nom on low levels..lol

/discuss

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

Creeps In Eregion

Heard about this event that took place some 4 yrs ago. Looks great and I really hope Creeps are let out.

[COLOR="#ADD8E6"][COLOR="#ADD8E6"][FONT=Impact][COLOR="#FF0000"]Those are wolves, one going before [COLOR="#FFFF00"]the sun[/COLOR], the other after [COLOR="#F0F8FF"]the moon[/COLOR].[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    In the Twitch Stream, after verifying that there will be a new freep class, a question was answered stating that there is a chance of letting creeps out of the moors and pillaging other areas as an event. Not sure how this will work, hopefully it will be in Western Rohan so creeps don't nom on low levels..lol

/discuss

That chance is probably .00000000000000000000000000000 1 unless its implemented in a layered/instanced format where freeps arent bothered if they dont want to be.
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart-Fury View Post
    That chance is probably .00000000000000000000000000000 1 unless its implemented in a layered/instanced format where freeps arent bothered if they dont want to be.
    ^ this !!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note there will be one creep in bree coming soon, im going to buy that sexy beast a Beer and if i get him drunk enough i'll strip him naked and tar him with feathers.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    ^ this !!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note there will be one creep in bree coming soon, im going to buy that sexy beast a Beer and if i get him drunk enough i'll strip him naked and tar him with feathers.

Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Revontulet View Post
    Heard about this event that took place some 4 yrs ago. Looks great and I really hope Creeps are let out.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
    Shapcidrat SoM-RoR

It could be used to create some interesting gameplay. Like creeps spilling out into surrounding areas if they conquer the entirety of the moors (and complete an assault on the normally non-conquerable bases). Gives non-vip's some interest in what happens in monster play and creates consequences for actions instead of the boring system they have now.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/UncrownedPrince91"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FFFF"]I Have a YouTube Channel and... it kinda sucks but visit anyway to make me feel nice :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

I am pretty sure this "event" would not be something that you would get free.
    [center][img]http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r753/Superiorcarrotcake/DERPIDEderp_zpsszemybhp.jpg[/img][/center]

Well they said it was a possibility for "some weekend."

I would hope they would give people who are not interested a toggle, with a cooldown. Or even make it a layered event. But a layer would be troublesome. But 100% it would need to be in a high level zone.

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

When this was asked about a few months ago, this was the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    No. We do this as an end of beta event because it can potentially cause server crashes, data loss and other real damage which, if done on live, could result in the loss of your character. Since beta characters are frequently wiped and the server reset and reinstalled often, these aren't problems when dealing with a final event in beta. In fact trying to cause the server to fail is actually part of the fun.

I don't think anyone would trade this experience for the potential loss of data it may cause.
    I wonder if something has changed..

well the servers have failed even without the creeps running amok in Middle-earth.. so why not let them do it anyways....

sooner or later we're going to destroy the shire.

you cannot stop us.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 8 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

I'm all for an event like this. As the dev originally said, in the lore timeline things are looking pretty bleak for the free peoples, Sauron's forces encroaching from all sides. Unleashing the creeps to run wild over middle-earth would be a realistic representation of this, as well as an awful lot of fun.

Freeps are getting a new class. How do we keep creeps from feeling like 2nd class citizens?

Tell them there is a small chance they can get out of the Moors someday. They hung on for years waiting for a new map, so this will work for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Revontulet View Post
    Yes, thats just it - 4 years ago. This was back before the Turbine/WB era, when delivering gaming experience to players still was on par with earning money. Now its all about the money.

Edit: Ok, how about this for a pvp-suggestion. Delete Ettenmoors as a pvp-area. Instead of "pvp-area", do a dedicated pvp-server where all of middle earth is available. Insta-level everyone to max-level upon login and get everyone standard gear to play with.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000377617/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    I'm all for an event like this. As the dev originally said, in the lore timeline things are looking pretty bleak for the free peoples, Sauron's forces encroaching from all sides. Unleashing the creeps to run wild over middle-earth would be a realistic representation of this, as well as an awful lot of fun.
    Count me in!!!

If Turbine ever creates a full open-world RP-PvP server, I'd transfer in a blink.

I want to step out of my freep player house and be able to ganked on. my. freaking. doorstep.

Just don't pee against my walls, you wargs. That's so ... eew!

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBrain View Post
    Yes, thats just it - 4 years ago. This was back before the Turbine/WB era, when delivering gaming experience to players still was on par with earning money. Now its all about the money.

Edit: Ok, how about this for a pvp-suggestion. Delete Ettenmoors as a pvp-area. Instead of "pvp-area", do a dedicated pvp-server where all of middle earth is available. Insta-level everyone to max-level upon login and get everyone standard gear to play with.
    Not gonna happen. It was said many times.

But, imagine it comes live:

Freeps hugging Helms Deep (keep), Creeps huggin Isengard, or Moria

Not fun.
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Quote Originally Posted by giboosc View Post
    But, imagine it comes live:

Freeps hugging Helms Deep (keep), Creeps huggin Isengard, or Moria

Not fun.
    Atleast a bigger variety in places to camp
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000377617/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

if freeps are getting a new class then it would only be fair if creeps are let out of moors and roam free, not just for one weekend but forever. I think it would be cool for creeps to assault helmsdeep like in the movies. Also at least let creeps have a new pvmp zone like in the rohan areas. Also maybe give creeps a new class like maybe dragons/drakes that fly, and have a skin for them that shows a cargul like guy riding on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindrillion View Post
    if freeps are getting a new class then it would only be fair if creeps are let out of moors and roam free, not just for one weekend but forever. I think it would be cool for creeps to assault helmsdeep like in the movies. Also at least let creeps have a new pvmp zone like in the rohan areas. Also maybe give creeps a new class like maybe dragons/drakes that fly, and have a skin for them that shows a cargul like guy riding on it.
    Just lol.

------

Now on topic, the event you see is a russian server only, which is managed by a completely different branch of LOTRO. If it should take place on EU servers, it will be definitely limited time only event. Also, from the vid it just looks like a zerg, not much fun in that action wise, just some creeps scouting a "new area".

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBrain View Post

where creeps have to level, and have custom LI's or claws and spider legs?