We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Freepside getting a new class EDIT: CLASS REVEALED BELOW

http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.co...ming-to-lotro/

Not much is said but basically,
    Quote Originally Posted by The Article Above
    During the Take The Hobbits To Insengard event on Bullroarer a bomb was dropped.

Aaron Campbell Executive Producer announced that LOTRO will be getting a new Freep Class later in the year.

EDIT: CLASS REVEALED BELOW
    Last edited by Derpon; Apr 02 2014 at 01:34 PM.
    [center][color=red][size=3][color=gold]~[/color]Ittybitty, Reaver[color=gold]~[/color][/size]
    [size=1]Sexylegs, Rank [color=cyan]8[/color] Spider[/size]
    [size=1]Vic, Rank [color=cyan]7[/color] Defiler[/size][/color][/center]

It will only bring more issues to the table, nothing else.

And i am pretty sure most of the PVP players would have much rather seen a new creep class instead.
    [center][img]http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r753/Superiorcarrotcake/DERPIDEderp_zpsszemybhp.jpg[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Nosterdamus View Post
    It will only bring more issues to the table, nothing else.

And i am pretty sure most of the PVP players would have much rather seen a new creep class instead.
    I personally think they should do one of each. Whatever special gimmick the Freep class is given. Make a corresponding creep. Bonus, the creep doesn't need 95+ levels of testing or armor set additions
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I personally think they should do one of each. Whatever special gimmick the Freep class is given. Make a corresponding creep. Bonus, the creep doesn't need 95+ levels of testing or armor set additions
    Un-Bonus: everything coding-wise on creepside seems to be 3x harder due to the way we were implimented in the game (it took several years to give us functional permanent pets, and another year and a half to make said pets actually work without attack bugs).

I'd love to see another creep class at some point, though it's pretty far down on my list.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Un-Bonus: everything coding-wise on creepside seems to be 3x harder due to the way we were implimented in the game (it took several years to give us functional permanent pets, and another year and a half to make said pets actually work without attack bugs).

I'd love to see another creep class at some point, though it's pretty far down on my list.
    Any other company would probably have done it in a couple of months.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Any other company would probably have done it in a couple of months.
    I can tell you it will ridiculously overpowered, they must make it playable by big amount of ppl that would switch their main class to that one.
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

With so many things needed, both in pve and pvp, i fear new class will be one more terrible decission enjoyed only for first few days. Like MC, BBs, trait trees for freeps. Pretty much last almost 2 years...
    A lot of wasted work for very limited fun.
    In terms of pvp it won't change much, with all freeps' classes able so self heal and almost purely focused on solo play and dps we should be spared some new devastating group combinations/major exploits.
    Just one more dpser.

Waited too long to do this. Most of the player base that left for other games won't be swayed into coming back and playing the exact same content they left with just to play the new class. No quality new content, no new players. Just my opinion.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

Not sure what there is left to add in classwise for roles that we already have. Rather have the current classes addressed before adding something new in for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Galwir View Post
    With so many things needed, both in pve and pvp, i fear new class will be one more terrible decission enjoyed only for first few days. Like MC, BBs, trait trees for freeps. Pretty much last almost 2 years...
    A lot of wasted work for very limited fun.
    In terms of pvp it won't change much, with all freeps' classes able so self heal and almost purely focused on solo play and dps we should be spared some new devastating group combinations/major exploits.
    Just one more dpser.
    why is it if a group plays well people call it a major exploit???? just curious how people come up with this stuff

Secondly Id like to see them Open up so a anything can be a RK etc..............omg yes im sure this is against the lore
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

I stole some concept art from Turbine's studios:

Rumor is the class will be called the Turbine Money Grabber and it will bludgeon it's opponents to death with it's sack of cash. Not very lore based, but after the RK, who cares?

1. It will be available only via store (sorry "vips" you'll have to buy it)
    2. It will be ridiculously expensive.
    3. It will be ridiculously overpowered.

wanna bet?

Quote Originally Posted by gunlang View Post
    1. It will be available only via store (sorry "vips" you'll have to buy it)
    2. It will be ridiculously expensive.
    3. It will be ridiculously overpowered.

wanna bet?
    No.

Main character: Manegarm

Hear me bark!

Ofcourse it will be store only. And probably just as expansive as a wrd and rk.

Or when they make a new pay only expansion it will probably come included.
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    why is it if a group plays well people call it a major exploit????
    I don't. Thers is difference between group playing good and wipeing other side, and exploits. Sometimes there are skills that if used correctly, ruin fun (group bubbles now, for example. Or for smaller servers grouped wargs oneshooting freeps).
    In my post I meant I don't expect new class to be very 'exploitable'. Rather very solid dpser with good self heals and some fancy skills.
    Most likely even stronger than rks/wardens (pay for win).
    But looking how well RoR and HD was implemented, in first few years it will be either ridiculously OP and/or extremly buggy.

It doesn't matter. Catapults will kill any class all the same.

Meanwhile somewhere in the Ettenmoors __________ (fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post

The defiler took years to implement too?

It's really just a matter of systems priority, nothing less.

that bright star in the constelation of Vela
    Whatever the new class may be, i'm sure plenty of hardcore players will buy it (presuming it will cost TP) simply because they have every other alt there is and want to try something new and i'm sure a lot of new players to lotro will do as well. Is a new class a good or bad thing? will shall see. Personally, I would have prefered them to fix the current classes and get the balance right in the moors rather than spent time on a new class but that's just my opinion.

The Class Has Been Revealed:
    Cleric of the Silver Flame

The Lore "The people of Middle-earth had churches and worshiped the Ainur as gods, or sort of angels. Clerics are the leaders of these faiths. These ones follow the Silver Flame of Anor - Gandalf, who is a Maiar, or lesser Ainur, tells the Balrog in Moria that he is the wielder of the Flame of Anor, likely making reference to the light of the Two Trees of Valinor. That bit of lore never pops up anywhere else in the books, so we kind of went with that, more or less in the same way that we extrapolated all of Enedwaith and Dunland from just a few sentences in the books. So what we have is a priestly order that reveres the Silver Flame of Anor.

Type of Class "They will be a healing, buffing and damage class, similar to Rune-keepers but focusing on divine magic, and able to use heavy armor and shields. In a sense, they're like Captains, but more magic-focused. They'll use a lot of 'reversible' spells like Cure Light Wounds for healing, or Inflict Light Wounds for damaging enemies, and Bane and Bless to debuff enemies or buff allies, respectively. They are especially powerful against wights and other undead."

When does it release? Update 14.

Source: http://www.tentonhammer.com/lotro/new-class-revealed
    April Fools, I hate April 1st
    Last edited by Derpon; Apr 02 2014 at 04:28 PM.
    [center][color=red][size=3][color=gold]~[/color]Ittybitty, Reaver[color=gold]~[/color][/size]

I'm hearing this could be an April Fools Joke. Is there any Blue Name confirmation?

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Professorkeating, r12 War-Leader/ Ryzer, r13 Captain
    Skill and Valour, Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    I'm hearing this could be an April Fools Joke. Is there any Blue Name confirmation?
    It very well could be, however, I thought I'd post it anyway in-case it was legit.

It's very obvious it's a prank.

1) Doesn't fit the lore.
    2) Healing, buffing, damage class with heavy armour and a shield.
    3)
    similar to Rune-keepers but focusing on divine magic
    4)
    Stay tuned later this April when Aaron Campbell delivers his Producer's Letter. Hopefully, he has taken his meds by then.
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

Since its spread out it could be that there still is a new class on the way, and this was perfect to april fools It and collaborate to detract attention.

Or

It was all a rouse and was a perfect setup to a prank

My guess \/

Shapcidrat SoM-RoR