We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Threaded View

Lotro scrollbars and MouseDown

Okay, here's an odd one. Bug?

I create a Turbine.UI.Lotro.Scrollbar. Works fine. Then I want to grab certain values at the time when the user clicks it. (i.e. MouseDown() event).

So I write a MouseDown function for my scrollbar which does my code, then passes control on to Turbine.UI.Lotro.Scrollbar.Mou seDown().

My routine isn't called. When I click on the scrollbar, it goes straight to the scrollbar's implementation.

This isn't the case for other methods - e.g. MouseEnter and MouseLeave work just fine. (That is to say, my 'override' methods receive the events).

So how do I intercept the MouseDown() before the lotro scrollbar grabs control? I could 'fudge' it with MouseEnter/leave or with ValueChanged, but this will be visually obvious to the user and won't always generate the right results. I really need to grab some environmental variables at the *precise* moment at which the user clicks on the scrollbar.

The only thing I can think of is to put a transparent control *over* the scrollbar, intercept the MouseDown() there, do my stuff, and then pass the MouseDown() command to the lotro scrollbar.

But the default lotro.scrollbar() has all its routines hidden away behind a "user implementation" type. So I *CAN'T* call its MouseDown() routine. Nor does (despite the documentation) GetThumbControl() return the thumb control (I thought maybe I had to send the MouseDown to it?).

So while I can intercept the MouseDown with the invisible lay-over control, I can't find any way to pass that MouseDown event to the underlying scrollbar.

Is there some way to re-post the mousedown event? Then I could intercept it, do my processing, set the overlay control to MouseVisible(false), re-post the mousedown event (this time the scrollbar would catch it), and then restore MouseVisible() once the scrollbar was doing its processing.

... more and more complicated kludges.

Am I right that this is a bug in the Lotro.Scrollbar class... and where does one report such thing to get them added to the list? (I know that lua development is sporadic and slow....)
    Last edited by Eddenwulf; Apr 01 2014 at 12:24 PM.