We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Installing Pre-reqs

I have indeed made substantial searches on google with regards to this problem, but have yet to have found an actual explanation as to what is causing this to happen in my case.

The launcher seems to get stuck at 'Installing Pre-Reqs' completely randomly, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, it doesn't work for ages on end, then suddenly it does, even without a reboot. All this while, lotro servers are up, based on various sources of server status.

Posts I've read about this problem in the past usually involved some error on Turbine's side which they were trying to fix, so what is causing this problem for me? I am not connecting using a proxy, so suggestions that I've read to connect with no proxy are also unhelpful. Furthermore, turning off my mac's firewall does not solve the problem, let alone allowing the application to pass it. I am running on Mountain Lion.

Quote Originally Posted by freedaemons View Post
    I have indeed made substantial searches on google with regards to this problem, but have yet to have found an actual explanation as to what is causing this to happen in my case.

The launcher seems to get stuck at 'Installing Pre-Reqs' completely randomly, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, it doesn't work for ages on end, then suddenly it does, even without a reboot. All this while, lotro servers are up, based on various sources of server status.

Posts I've read about this problem in the past usually involved some error on Turbine's side which they were trying to fix, so what is causing this problem for me? I am not connecting using a proxy, so suggestions that I've read to connect with no proxy are also unhelpful. Furthermore, turning off my mac's firewall does not solve the problem, let alone allowing the application to pass it. I am running on Mountain Lion.
    My understanding is that this is a communications problem.

More specifically than that I do not know.

The one fix that seems to work is to purge your ARP cache (on both your Mac and Router), most easily done by power-cycling both, making certain that the router is up and running before you power up the Mac.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91