We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

game constantly crashes

it seems like i can't get anymore than couple of minutes of play time before the game crashes :\

macbook pro
    running osx 10.9
    2.6Ghz I7
    8GB ram
    nvidia force gt 650m / intel HD 4000 (computer switch between them when needed)

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthrain View Post
    it seems like i can't get anymore than couple of minutes of play time before the game crashes :\

macbook pro
    running osx 10.9
    2.6Ghz I7
    8GB ram
    nvidia force gt 650m / intel HD 4000 (computer switch between them when needed)
    Have you lowered your graphics settings?
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (104)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    Have you lowered your graphics settings?
    hmmm, i haven't touched them actually. should i do that? it'd really sucks, cause for some reason after the last update the game looks much better (or maybe its just me)

hmmm, i haven't touched them actually. should i do that? it'd really sucks, cause for some reason after the last update the game looks much better (or maybe its just me)
    The MTBF should be around 45-90 minutes.

Off the top of my head...
    Uncheck post processing and specral (sp) lighting and see if they make a difference. Post processing is mainly water reflections.

There are a couple of threads on what others have found to work for them.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

The MTBF should be around 45-90 minutes.

Off the top of my head...
    Uncheck post processing and specral (sp) lighting and see if they make a difference. Post processing is mainly water reflections.

There are a couple of threads on what others have found to work for them.
    ok, i canceled the post processing thing, and now can play for 3-4 hours with no crash. i wonder why that option is causing so much troubles

ok, i canceled the post processing thing, and now can play for 3-4 hours with no crash. i wonder why that option is causing so much troubles
    I don't know enough Graphics for a definitive answer and what I know is probably many years out of date since I retired in 2003.
    However, generally speaking, the issue is probably a mis-match between the version of the OpenGL API supported by LOTRO and the version supported by Apple.

"Post processing" and "Specular Lighting" are both specifically capabilities of any given graphics card. Various games will define "effects" which relate especially to Post Processing, in addition to or in place of a generic "post processing" control. Put another way, Specular Lighting is a pretty straight forward effect, however Post Processing refers to many different things, potentially including Specular Lighting.

One description I ran across some time ago:
    First, you render your game the normal way, except for one thing. Instead of rendering to the screen (after which you can't do anything with it), you render it and save it as a texture.
    Then you load up that texture, run a hell of a lot of shaders on that, and render the result to the screen.
    Post-processing. Processing done *after* rendering.
    You now have pretty much the sum-total of my graphics knowledge.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

the most noticeable thing is that water now look bad. like really bad. most rivers look like flat blue-coloured surface. oh, and and it acts like solid ground :O

Hello Guys,

i´m from Germany and have now a iMac 27" core i7 from later 2013 with 775M graphic processor. I think it is a good configuration.

My Problem is, that the Mac crash in West or East Rohan. In Edoras it is very often crashes. But my Luncher have crashes too. If i go not in the game, only in Server list after login, then my Luncher crash to Desktop.

I have contact the Turbine support, but they can not help me at this moment. I have written a Bug report.

Is it possible, that the client cannot work with my core i7?
    MFG

[IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Fyegor/1/2/2/9/85/die+Gemeinschaftlichen/0/3/0/0/0/1/1/8/0/8/0/8/0.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Fyegor View Post
    Hello Guys,

i´m from Germany and have now a iMac 27" core i7 from later 2013 with 775M graphic processor. I think it is a good configuration.

My Problem is, that the Mac crash in West or East Rohan. In Edoras it is very often crashes. But my Luncher have crashes too. If i go not in the game, only in Server list after login, then my Luncher crash to Desktop.

I have contact the Turbine support, but they can not help me at this moment. I have written a Bug report.

Is it possible, that the client cannot work with my core i7?
    I have basically the same system:

27 inch iMac Intel (mid 2010)
    Model: iMac11,3
    Processor: 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB
    Display: 27-inch (2560 x 1440)
    Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

"Uncheck" -- "Post Processing Effects" -- that tends to solve many crashing problems in Rohan. (Options > Advanced Graphics)

I also run with the "default" graphic options -- from the LAUNCHER. in the top right select the "down arrow" and "Options" -- select the "Repair tab" -- Check reset the game display settings, click, restore defaults.
    Quit the Launcher (X) and re-launch it.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

the most noticeable thing is that water now look bad. like really bad. most rivers look like flat blue-coloured surface. oh, and and it acts like solid ground :O
    LoL... at least you have bad water... I don't get water at all, just the bottom textures!
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

LoL... at least you have bad water... I don't get water at all, just the bottom textures!
    Hello,

my Game crash with low graphic too. And my Luncher (Server List) crash too. I think it is not my graphic (post processing is off, shadow is off). I think the Client have problems with my new iMac i7 and new graphic card 775M. Or it is my 24 GB RAM 1600Mhz
    MFG

[IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Fyegor/1/2/2/9/85/die+Gemeinschaftlichen/0/3/0/0/0/1/1/8/0/8/0/8/0.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Fyegor View Post
    my Game crash with low graphic too. And my Luncher (Server List) crash too. I think it is not my graphic (post processing is off, shadow is off). I think the Client have problems with my new iMac i7 and new graphic card 775M. Or it is my 24 GB RAM 1600Mhz
    As I mentioned above, I don't know enough graphics to know exactly, but I suspect that the issue has to do with OpenGL API and, yes, your graphics card (the Nvidia GeForce 775), Apple's implementation of the drivers for that card, and the way in which Turbine has implemented that API and whatever "compromises" Turbine has made to support both OpenGL and Direct3D simultaneously.

I have "less" trouble (but not trouble free) with my Radeon Graphics from 2010.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (91)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

As I mentioned above, I don't know enough graphics to know exactly, but I suspect that the issue has to do with OpenGL API and, yes, your graphics card (the Nvidia GeForce 775), Apple's implementation of the drivers for that card, and the way in which Turbine has implemented that API and whatever "compromises" Turbine has made to support both OpenGL and Direct3D simultaneously.

I have "less" trouble (but not trouble free) with my Radeon Graphics from 2010.
    I Understand. I have written a bug report by turbine and i hope, the problem is fixing.
    Yesterday in East Rohan, i have after 10 minutes crash to desktop. No way to stop it. I think the grafiks in Lotro must be change by Mac Client. That is the most problem

sorry for my bad english
    MFG