We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where can I buy the Shield of the Hammerhand?

Good evening!

I want to ask wether the XP bonus item "Shield of the Hammerhand" is available for people who did not preorder the HD expansion?
    I really want to have this item but I can not find it in the store. There is only the "Token of the Hornburg" but this is not what I'm looking for.

Thank you!

It is not available. It may never be. It is a pity that this will be the first +XP item that hasn't been available apart from the pre-order.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

That is a pity indeed!
    Please make it available then!

So there is absolutely no way to get this item for me right now? I am willig to pay for it!

a) There currently is no way to obtain the Shield of the Hammerhand; not even by paying with real money. The only exception would be if somebody pre-ordered HD, didn't use the code and sold it to you now. Four months after release, the chances for this are slim, to put it mildly.

b) Don't get too excited about this item just now. Update 13 is just around the corner and the current Bullroarer build has a changed functionality of the Shield of the Hammerhand. To be specific, this item does not currently stack with either XP boost pocket items like the Token of the Honburg or with the XP-disabler on Bullroarer. If this makes it to live unchanged, the Shield will no longer provide a semi-permanent way to get +50% XP on crafting and monster kills.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

I'd be happy to just have it cosmetically.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    a) Update 13 is just around the corner and the current Bullroarer build has a changed functionality of the Shield of the Hammerhand. To be specific, this item does not currently stack with either XP boost pocket items like the Token of the Honburg or with the XP-disabler on Bullroarer. If this makes it to live unchanged, the Shield will no longer provide a semi-permanent way to get +50% XP on crafting and monster kills.
    That did not make it to live. It is a real problem running a dual box with one character getting 25% xp than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Taelaeri View Post
    That did not make it to live. It is a real problem running a dual box with one character getting 25% xp than the other.
    It didn't? I only noticed that the boni from the Shield of the Hammerhand got split up in two portions (character XP and IXP+Steed XP) and display two separate icons in my characters' buff bar. I assumed that meant that the stacking behaviour was changed to what it was in the last Bullroarer build for U13.

Just to be totally clear on this, when you equip both the Shield of the Hammerhand and an XP boost pocket item at the same time, how much character XP do you get? 125% or 150%?

EDIT to add: The different levelling paces you see when dual-boxing may be due to the Shield of the Hammerhand giving +25% quest XP, which the various XP boost pocket items do not grant. Are you sure it isn't simply this plus the fact that you still have two "XP arrow buff icons" when equipping both items that is confusing you?
    Last edited by Anyelir; Apr 19 2014 at 08:37 AM.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.