We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: War Steed

War Steed

I am a level 90 guardian in Vilya. I shot through the Wod and didnt get my war steed. Am I now too high a level to go back and finish the quests? I have gone back and cant seem to find any npc that give out quests. If so are there any other way to get one?

lvl 90... How did you get to lvl 90? o.O
    Did you grind skirms/scalable instances?

Anyway, there is no such thing as "too high a level". Simply head to Langhold and do the quests; http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Deva...e_North_Quests
    You should have gotten a letter that sent you there at lvl 74, or get sent there automatically as part of Volume 3, Book 8.

I have done other quests and tasks to get to level 90 and the horseman are killable on foot. Takes a while though. Its just this area the quests are not easy to find and start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaland View Post
    I am a level 90 guardian in Vilya. I shot through the Wod and didnt get my war steed. Am I now too high a level to go back and finish the quests? I have gone back and cant seem to find any npc that give out quests. If so are there any other way to get one?
    Just wondering how you managed to become level 90 without getting to lvl.75 and mail to get warsteed...

"No NPC with quests" can mean you need to change your User interference. Somewhere in Options there is point like "Show obsolete quests" and each NPC with grey ring would become marked on the map as valid quest giver.

You are not too high for non-instance quests. At level 95 I still could take some lvl.12 quests near Thorins Hall. Grey, easy ones, but still I could.

I believe the guy you're looking for is standing at the north gates btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaland View Post
    You must have ignored the Epic Line. The Epic Line takes you to Langhold to get your war steed. I do not think it is possible to finish the East Rohan Epic line without getting a war horse.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    You must have ignored the Epic Line. The Epic Line takes you to Langhold to get your war steed. I do not think it is possible to finish the East Rohan Epic line without getting a war horse.
    Correct. Plus, you pretty much break and disable most of the quest progression for the first East Rohan region (who's name escapes me) due to the way quests are intertwined.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Correct. Plus, you pretty much break and disable most of the quest progression for the first East Rohan region (who's name escapes me) due to the way quests are intertwined.
    That depends on which you call the "first region".

The lvl 74 note sends you to Langhold in the Wold. However, following the Epic, the first region in the Eastemnet that takes you to is East Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    That depends on which you call the "first region".

The lvl 74 note sends you to Langhold in the Wold. However, following the Epic, the first region in the Eastemnet that takes you to is East Wall.
    You can do all of East Wall without out a war horse.

I consider The Wold the first region because it is the first region you can reach over land from Great River. The only way to get to East Wall first is to follow the Epic Line. If you leave East Rohan, the only way to get back to East Wall is milestone recall, or to go thru the Wold to get there because you recalled to some place like Stangard - took a stable ride to Harwick - to a stable ride to Parth Galen.

I get why Turbine laid out the quest progression this way. I agree it seems kind of strange.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    You can do all of East Wall without out a war horse.

I consider The Wold the first region because it is the first region ... I agree it seems kind of strange.
    I also consider The Wold the first region. I don't think its any more strange than splitting the quest arc in two going into Dunland only to have them rejoin later.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Smile

I would like to thank you all for your help. I finally got the steed. I hope you all have good days.