We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Combat Logging

Combat Logging

This really doesn't require a post, but why are people combat logging? I haven't seen too many freeps do it, but I'm sure they do. I've seen plenty of creeps do it. In particular, not naming names (lol), a spider who I actually really like fighting against and think is a great player. It can really kill an evening of awesome PVP to be winding down and people start combat logging to avoid a death. I makes it go from "those awesome guys we fought we 3 hours of great wins and losses" to "those a--holes who refuse to play fair and have to cheat." Just take your licks and play fair. I know I do.

I don't think Turbine would ever do anything about it, but I'm just going to start reporting it. It's just another thing that makes fun no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusspar View Post
    This really doesn't require a post, but why are people combat logging? I haven't seen too many freeps do it, but I'm sure they do. I've seen plenty of creeps do it. In particular, not naming names (lol), a spider who I actually really like fighting against and think is a great player. It can really kill an evening of awesome PVP to be winding down and people start combat logging to avoid a death. I makes it go from "those awesome guys we fought we 3 hours of great wins and losses" to "those a--holes who refuse to play fair and have to cheat." Just take your licks and play fair. I know I do.

I don't think Turbine would ever do anything about it, but I'm just going to start reporting it. It's just another thing that makes fun no fun.

Sounds like QQ to me. You play the most FOTM class wich can avoid death against half raid of creeps just by running in circles hitting the green button every second. Its an OP class or mechanic, just like yellow traited capys. Thats why the moors is filled with minis and capys right now. And it also the reason whty people stack 3-4-5-6 of them in the same group just to make sure they can facerrol a much grater number of creeps. so..you (among others) ar clearely taking advantage of a game mechanism that turbine created and its working as intended. But Turbine also lowered the loging window and its also WAI. There is no cheat, nor anyone who logs out is doing anything that isnt fair, he is just loging out.
    So Kusspar, think a bit before you post somenthing becouse reporting someone for loggin out makes no sense, nor thinking that anyone who does it is cheating, maybe he just wants to log or maybe hes taking advantage of a designed game mechanism to troll a group of 10 easymoders that fails to kill a creep in less than 10 seconds.
    [INDENT=9][SIZE=3] U M B R E N I L-1[/SIZE] [IMG]http://lotro-wiki.com/images/thumb/e/ef/Kingsfell_Creeper_Appearance.jpg/300px-Kingsfell_Creeper_Appearance.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=3]L A N D R O V A L [/SIZE][/INDENT]

Combat Log Stardate Sunday March 20th 2014:

Encountered various bands of minstrels and cappys while out exploring. Store pots were consumed like hoarhollow ale on pledge night at U. Santa Cruz. Let's chalk that up to the never ending hobbit prize lootfall. Multiple bands of freeps that enjoyed making everything blue. I learned a few new curse words from the team as well.
    Sent Dances on recon and Bitsey into her burrow. Maggot, Bacon, and Ruk rounded out senior leadership. Succeeded in moving the freep raid which resulted in a few decent battles.
    Unable to invite several creeps due to overpopulation.

Absent: Vamp, Jimi, Peeps, Shak, Drak, Doh

Good raid night,
    Dirty

I always combat log! Just imagine a nerdier Doogie Howser writing in his Lotro diary. It so fun! Try it!
    -agentdirty-rank11 reaver
    -dirtiolas-rank8 hunter
    -cleanolas-rank6 blackarrow

omg you can combat log? never saw anyone did that when fighting me,well maybe if solo creeps/freeps gets zerged over and over again maybe they just log out because they had enough of that

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

rageeeee eeeeeeeeee eeeeeeee

haha i always love this kind of posts

U should report Jimi instead, he makes the fun no fun since forever

Also i saw Maggot naked yesterday, report him aswell plzz
    [CENTER][COLOR="#FFFFFF"][B]Sex Symbols[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B] Cocomiel - Doronor - Brisita [/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Maggot naked = ewww
    Coco naked = ahhh

I hadn't logged in for quite a few days, but last night when I did finally there was a message that some creep was thrown out of the tribe (Bloodwargs) for combat logging. I didn't recognize the name. Must be easier for spiders to do with that long mez spell they have.

Any hits would interrupt the log right?

What about a damage tick from a dot?
    Purely~Scrumptious

Quote Originally Posted by gabilgathol View Post
    So Kusspar, think a bit before you post somenthing becouse reporting someone for loggin out makes no sense, nor thinking that anyone who does it is cheating, maybe he just wants to log or maybe hes taking advantage of a designed game mechanism to troll a group of 10 easymoders that fails to kill a creep in less than 10 seconds.
    I haven't reported anyone. But I know many who have reported, and advise the entire raid that they're leading to report as well. Exploiting a log out timer is not the same as pressing a green button.

I haven't reported anyone. But I know many who have reported, and advise the entire raid that they're leading to report as well. Exploiting a log out timer is not the same as pressing a green button.
    Nevertheless it is not against the TOS so therefore not a reportable offense, no matter how distasteful you find it.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

While playing the Game or participating in related services, you may not exhibit or partake in behavior that is disruptive to the Game’s normal playability, causes grief or alarm to other players, or degrades the service performance or other players’ client software
    Burrowing and logging out would probably fall under this, if someone were trying to make an argument. Burrowing and logging disrupts the playability of pewpewing you :P I can't flop and log out even though the duration is long enough. I'm sure it will be patched eventually.

While macroing would probably fall under that definition I don't see how combat logging fits. it's all about being a bad sport or as Umbrenil says because a player is fed up. Neither reasons make for desirable gameplay.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Burrowing and logging out would probably fall under this, if someone were trying to make an argument. Burrowing and logging disrupts the playability of pewpewing you :P I can't flop and log out even though the duration is long enough. I'm sure it will be patched eventually.

"you may not exhibit or partake in behavior that is disruptive to the Game’s normal playability"

DID U SEE MAGGOT NAKED DUDE, HE IS GODZILLA WITH SHOES

btw, i have a Screenshot from yesterday, got a mini combat logging from Maggot, should report him

[CENTER][COLOR="#FFFFFF"][B]Sex Symbols[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B] Cocomiel - Doronor - Brisita [/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

props to coco

Is it like...

LAST STAND LOGOUT
    or
    FLOP DF

I log out whenever i get skill lag, i am always in combat with skill lag, therefore i combat log.
    [color=green]"Freeps raid to get their skills and gear, then come out and complain about creeps raiding to get their skills...hypocrite much?"[/color]

Wow, where have I been lol....i've never seen anyone combat log :/, but i guess if it happened to me id just go "O well" and keep goin with meh adventures
    Aeolen-Eaolen/Braulan-Braul

Y'all make it sound like combat logging is something new..... Anyway here is a tip, if you can't kill someone who can't heal or attack in ten seconds your doing something wrong. Or playing a defiler. There isn't a freep out there that shouldn't be able to kill a creep in ten seconds.
    [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/coreymaikrzek/media/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png.html][IMG]http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a417/coreymaikrzek/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png[/IMG][/URL]

I don't believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Celenir View Post
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

rageeeee eeeeeeeeee eeeeeeee

haha i always love this kind of posts

U should report Jimi instead, he makes the fun no fun since forever

Also i saw Maggot naked yesterday, report him aswell plzz
    You saw Maggot naked and lived? I don't think so!

Satsuma

PPL STILL RAID ON THIS GAME FREEPSIDE????? I THOUGHT YOU ALL "Small Grouped and Soloed" What a mood kill.
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/17322151200lotro_lotro07.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin91 View Post
    Y'all make it sound like combat logging is something new..... Anyway here is a tip, if you can't kill someone who can't heal or attack in ten seconds your doing something wrong. Or playing a defiler. There isn't a freep out there that shouldn't be able to kill a creep in ten seconds.
    Haven't played since 65, it's new to me lol.

Can't damage a spider burrowed.

Haven't played since 65, it's new to me lol.

Can't damage a spider burrowed.
    It happened at 65 too, although back then it was harder and most of the ones doing it were captains
    [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/coreymaikrzek/media/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png.html][IMG]http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a417/coreymaikrzek/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png[/IMG][/URL]

It happened at 65 too, although back then it was harder and most of the ones doing it were captains
    Jughead tried it on my hunter back @ level 60 and he got logged out just in time, reaver vs hunter, he didn't like to lose, so, I waited and got him when he logged back in, lol. He was not happy. I even remember that spot, trees towards GV near original EC crossroads.
    [COLOR="#3366ff"]Melrok (R10 Guard) Morkel (R12 Hunter) Merlok (R8 LM) Shadowheart (R8 Burg)[/color]
    [color="#cc3333"]Grimnaw (R11 Warg) Grimweaver (R11 Spdr) Grimacroncheese (R9 BA)
    Rageagainsthelootbox (R8 Defiler) Cheezeypoof (R9 Reaver)[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron2112 View Post
    Jughead tried it on my hunter back @ level 60 and he got logged out just in time, reaver vs hunter, he didn't like to lose, so, I waited and got him when he logged back in, lol. He was not happy. I even remember that spot, trees towards GV near original EC crossroads.
    Level 60 was like 6 years ago right? Further proves that reporting it will do nothing.

P.S. where you been at baddie? These hunters need to learn how to play. They keep trying to use traps against a defiler.....

Red face You should really not combat log.

COMBAT logging hurts your mental state of baddieness! NEVER DO IT! It makes you look like a poop tart <3 But it's cute to see creeps and freeps scared of each other

Keep combat logging like pro baddies <3

Level 60 was like 6 years ago right? Further proves that reporting it will do nothing.

P.S. where you been at baddie? These hunters need to learn how to play. They keep trying to use traps against a defiler.....
    It was indeed many years ago back during moria. I don't know how many people did it actively but our server has always had its share of cheaters and exploiters. (Rank farming eventually became a banable offense) We have always shunned those who combat logged as a shame on you for doing such a thing to grief someone else kind of thing. Sadly some don't get that and you will always have people in PVP that value their own stats or toons' lives etc. more than others' fun. This is just one of the many reasons lotro became increasingly less fun over the years, the younger the crowd got imo, the worse the overall quality of pvp players we got in terms of honor and fighting and fun. which was frustrating at best to watch happen to such a fun community of PVPers we had once upon a time.

Lotro got dumbed down (aka less fun and less challenging), I got busy IRL with other stuff, that means I spend my time elsewhere. :P

How are you and the cutie doin? hope y'all are well, I do miss some of yas, but I'm sure I'm not missed by most. :P
    [COLOR="#3366ff"]Melrok (R10 Guard) Morkel (R12 Hunter) Merlok (R8 LM) Shadowheart (R8 Burg)[/color]
    [color="#cc3333"]Grimnaw (R11 Warg) Grimweaver (R11 Spdr) Grimacroncheese (R9 BA)
    Rageagainsthelootbox (R8 Defiler) Cheezeypoof (R9 Reaver)[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron2112 View Post
    It was indeed many years ago back during moria. I don't know how many people did it actively but our server has always had its share of cheaters and exploiters. (Rank farming eventually became a banable offense) We have always shunned those who combat logged as a shame on you for doing such a thing to grief someone else kind of thing. Sadly some don't get that and you will always have people in PVP that value their own stats or toons' lives etc. more than others' fun. This is just one of the many reasons lotro became increasingly less fun over the years, the younger the crowd got imo, the worse the overall quality of pvp players we got in terms of honor and fighting and fun. which was frustrating at best to watch happen to such a fun community of PVPers we had once upon a time.

Lotro got dumbed down (aka less fun and less challenging), I got busy IRL with other stuff, that means I spend my time elsewhere. :P

How are you and the cutie doin? hope y'all are well, I do miss some of yas, but I'm sure I'm not missed by most. :P
    Doing pretty good man. So far I rule the roost, but don't tell her I said that

Red face

We miss you, Morkel! And yes, things are going pretty well. ^_^

I'll continue to let him thinks he runs everything, makes him happy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast