We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary items: level advice needed

Ok so my new LI questions. I still have my starter weapons (Bow and axe on my hunter) and she is now level 55.

At what point do I upgrade to a higher level of LI?

If I am eventually going to upgrade what kind of effort should I put into my starter LIs, like should I try to max them out first, put in the highest level of upgrades and all that?

What is the benefit of leveling more than two LIs at the same time?

Thanks

Oh and one more question: When I look at the item information I can see the level my character needs to be to equip an LI...but where do I find out what "level" of LI the item is?
    Last edited by elfincat; Mar 20 2014 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elfincat View Post
    At what point do I upgrade to a higher level of LI?
    Every few levels. You should go no more than 5 levels without an upgrade.

Especially in Moria, because you have NPC's that will barter any lvl 53, 55, 57 and 59 LI. After that, you're mostly depending on mob drops for new LI's.
    If I am eventually going to upgrade what kind of effort should I put into my starter LIs, like should I try to max them out first, put in the highest level of upgrades and all that?
    For now, I'd say to stick with maintaining max DPS.
    What is the benefit of leveling more than two LIs at the same time?
    The more LI's you have gaining item experience at the same time, the more total item experience you get.

1 LI = 100% * 1 = 100% item experience
    2 LI's = 60% * 2 = 120% item experience
    3 LI's = 48% * 3 = 144% item experience
    4 LI's = 40% * 4 = 160% item experience
    5 LI's = 36% * 5 = 180% item experience
    6 LI's = 36% * 6 = 216% item experience
    Oh and one more question: When I look at the item information I can see the level my character needs to be to equip an LI...but where do I find out what "level" of LI the item is?
    LI's have a minimum level, which will affect base stats. And, they have the levels they obtain after gaining item experience, which affect how many points you have to invest in ranking up Legacies.

Any LI that has just been merely identified will only be level 1. Slotting it on your LI panel (you can only do this for your class LI's that you meet the minimum level requirement), will show you what level it is, how much experience it has and how much is needed for the next level. You can make this visible by hitting the Track button on the LI panel.

That's just what I was looking for thank you for the info

you may also find this useful http://sny.name/LOTRO/li-progression.html

its good for comparing 3rd age lvl X Vs 2nd age lvl (X-5) etc.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4