We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Items showing up on Store when already purchased.

Greetings all,

Two questions after coming back after a year+ away:

1. Does the LOTRO Store filter out items that you've already purchased? Or does it show everything to everyone?

2. My Turbine account doesn't show my purchase of MoM, or any quest packs whatsoever. I started in 2007. I have four 85s on another server that have gone through MoM. I don't want to buy MoM if I don't need to. Why wouldn't MoM Expansion or Quest Packs show up on my Turbine account page?

I suppose I could just wait until I reach MoM to see if I can quest there. But since I'm just returning to the game, I'd rather know now.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylerion View Post
    1. Does the LOTRO Store filter out items that you've already purchased? Or does it show everything to everyone?
    The Lotro store only displays items that are currently useful to you. For example, if you are a level 30 Hunter - No legendary item support products will be shown because you have not unlocked the legendary item system. If you are subscriber, no VIP rental items such as the Forochel Quest pack will show. Nothing you own that can only be purchased once will show.
    2. My Turbine account doesn't show my purchase of MoM, or any quest packs whatsoever. I started in 2007. I have four 85s on another server that have gone through MoM. I don't want to buy MoM if I don't need to. Why wouldn't MoM Expansion or Quest Packs show up on my Turbine account page?
    1. The display of content unlocks on MyAccount is a subscriber perk. Premiums can't see what they bought.

2) For subsscribers, MyAccount only shows content elements that were activated via a key code or bought from the web store.

3) Turbine never implemented the display functionality for the Lotro Store. There is no way to get a list of what you bought.

Since the Lotro Store only shows products that your character or account can use, we attack the "What do I have?" by looking at what is available to buy in the Lotro. The content you own is the stuff that is "NOT offered for sale" by the Lotro Store. That brings up an additional problem. Turbine does not provide a way to get a complete list of everything that in the Lotro Store catalog. You have to either know or visit a fan site that has created such a list by hand.

My solution is to archive every one of those Lotro Store receipts that are emailed to me.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Smart advice, if only I knew years ago.

I still have to question why MoM is showing up as purchasable in the store, when I clearly have it on my account.

p.s. I'm resubscribed as VIP.

I still have to question why MoM is showing up as purchasable in the store, when I clearly have it on my account.

p.s. I'm resubscribed as VIP.
    Since you are a subscriber, all content that you did not purchase from the Lotro Store will displayed here:
    https://myaccount.turbine.com
    when the accounting site comes back online. You previously stated that My Account does not show your purchase of Mines of Moria - hence you do not have this content on your account. This assertion is confirmed by the Lotro Store. The Lotro Store knows you do not have Mines of Moria therefore it is trying to sell you Mines of Moria.

You will need to search your records for a proof of purchase. Hopefully you still have that information. Perhaps you bought a Mines of Moria box - you have a key code to wave in Turbine's face. Once you have all the supporting documentation you can find, you need to contact Turbine Account Management ask them to give you access to the Mines of Moria content.

To clarify: It is possible to own Moria and still see it in the store. I got the MoM quest pack as part of the Legendary Rise of Isengard bundle, but I do not own the actual expansion. I piecemealed everything in it - the classes, char slots, and the skirm trait max rank increase. So while I own all of the parts of the expansion, I do not own the actual expansion itself. Because of that, the MoM xpac still shows up when I look in the Store.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    To clarify: It is possible to own Moria and still see it in the store. I got the MoM quest pack as part of the Legendary Rise of Isengard bundle, but I do not own the actual expansion. I piecemealed everything in it - the classes, char slots, and the skirm trait max rank increase. So while I own all of the parts of the expansion, I do not own the actual expansion itself. Because of that, the MoM xpac still shows up when I look in the Store.

I finally got a response back from Turbine. That's exactly what I did apparently. I purchased the MoM Quest Pack and the two classes. A bit confusing, but resolved now. Thank both for your responses

I finally got a response back from Turbine. That's exactly what I did apparently. I purchased the MoM Quest Pack and the two classes. A bit confusing, but resolved now. Thank both for your responses
    You can figure this situation out via the Lotro Store not offering you the Moria quest pack or the two classes. I did not expect this situation to be true because your account was created years before the Lotro Store arrived. Even before Moria was available.

Note: The two character slots that come with the Moria Expansion are ONLY available via the expansion. You cannot get them from buying character slots separately.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Note: The two character slots that come with the Moria Expansion are ONLY available via the expansion. You cannot get them from buying character slots separately.
    Thank you Crell, I did know that. Also some sort of Skirmish upgrade too is only available with the full expansion purchase.

Also some sort of Skirmish upgrade too is only available with the full expansion purchase.
    The skirmish soldier max rank trait upgrade is actually available separately, but most people have it superseded by a purchase of a later expansion such as RoI, RoR or HD, since you're not required to purchase each rank upgrade, because the later ones 'overwrite' or 'include' the earlier ones (depending on how you want to look at it).

I mention the character slots because it's something that comes up semi-regularly from people who believe they bought all of the MoM expansion features.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler