We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Suggestions to improve our "Forum-Experience"

Good afternoon!

I would like to share my thoughts on the official LotRO forums:

Dev-Tracker:
    - The last time I participated in the HD closed beta, I relized that the Dev-Tracker did not show posts from the closed beta forums. Please change this!
    - The Dev-Tracker shows posts from Sapience although he is not a "developer". Why doesn't the Dev-Tracker show posts from the German/French Community Team in the German/Frech forums? Maybe add an option to show this!

Languages:
    I realized that you are automatically forwarded to the respective language-subforums, if you chose your language at the lotro.com main site. This option is on the bottom of the website and I believe many people will not find this option easily.
    - Add a "flag" symbol on the top of the page where people can change their language.
    - When German or French is chosen: Do not forward them to the language forums but rather show the languages-subforums at the top of the forums-list. There are people who prefer the German/French forum but don't want to be excluded from the English part though.

Private Messages:
    - Please add notifications to make it easy to see if I got a new PM! This can be done by adding a number after the "Private Messages" text. Like "Private Messages (2)". This would show me that I recieved two new messages. Or add a small pop-up window with a notification text.
    - For some reason I my "Sent Items" folder is empty... Why are my Sent Messages deleted? If I missed the option to avoid them from being deleted please make it more obvious.

Options:
    - Some options are hard to find in my opinion. Like the option to change your "forum title" and the option to see your infrictions... Please make it easier to find!

Structure:
    - Why have the "Kinship" subforums been removed from the server-forums? I think that it was a nice feature to have all things concerning Kinships together at one place.

Moderation:
    - I think it would be nice to have a list or something similar so see where one can see who is resposible for which part of the forums... E.g. if want to ask a mod to make my thread a sticky or if I need clarification on other issues...

I want to apologize in advance in case of some features are already existing but I was not able to find them... Please tell me if this is the case.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Eruadarion; Mar 24 2014 at 02:12 PM.

- Moderation: There is a place where the area mods are shown. For example, if you click on LOTRO General Discussion & Feedback subforum and scroll aaaaalllll the way to the bottom, you will see a list of the moderators who handle that subforum.

Moderators of this Forum
    Isdring, Ornaith, Tirithest, Hadoril, Sidlamel, Hasbodad

- Dev-Tracker for closed beta forum posts would be iffy, because when it lists the title of the thread they are posting in it could breach NDA. If they're testing a feature they're not going to want public speculation on it just from the title of the thread. Bullroarer is usually public so it doesn't matter there. If it's closed beta it seems inappropriate to have anybody able to search on dev posts for that area.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    - Moderation: There is a place where the area mods are shown. For example, if you click on LOTRO General Discussion & Feedback subforum and scroll aaaaalllll the way to the bottom, you will see a list of the moderators who handle that subforum.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    - Dev-Tracker for closed beta forum posts would be iffy, because when it lists the title of the thread they are posting in it could breach NDA. If they're testing a feature they're not going to want public speculation on it just from the title of the thread. Bullroarer is usually public so it doesn't matter there. If it's closed beta it seems inappropriate to have anybody able to search on dev posts for that area.
    It should only be visible for participants of the closed beta - of course!

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    It should only be visible for participants of the closed beta - of course!
    IIRC correctly the closed beta forums are always more or less gotten rid of about a week before the publication of the expansion. I guess maybe the Turbine employees themselves will still be able to read it, but the entire problem of keeping the beta forums open for all participators is that it effectively facilitates those who share the information that's under NDA, and the best way to prevent it is proactively rather than retroactively. You can't publish stuff if it's hidden somewhere where you can't reach it.