We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Me_the_Third View Post
    I might give Burg beating to Defilers, surprisingly enough. When traited appropriately and with the comm pots I'd give myself a 70-80% chance to win. Though if the Burglar decides to run there's not really anything I can do about it so maybe not.
    Are you talking about live right now or BR?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    Are you talking about live right now or BR?
    I'm talking about live.

Quote Originally Posted by HebnesO View Post
    Look, someone who knows what they're talking about.
    Hes right. Burgs are strong, but so are wargs. As a warg, you should get the jump on the burg instead of other way around, since youre the one that can track. Open the fight with a 10 sec fury pot (burg vs warg fights wont last much longer), use your stun pots and 25 % heal morale pots, deny positional damage, kite KO etc and theres a good chance youll win.

Quote Originally Posted by burzumaz View Post
    Hes right. Burgs are strong, but so are wargs. As a warg, you should get the jump on the burg instead of other way around, since youre the one that can track. Open the fight with a 10 sec fury pot (burg vs warg fights wont last much longer), use your stun pots and 25 % heal morale pots, deny positional damage, kite KO etc and theres a good chance youll win.
    I'm well aware of this. That's why i said he knew what he was talking about. It wasn't sarcasm.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

Quote Originally Posted by HebnesO View Post
    I'm well aware of this. That's why i said he knew what he was talking about. It wasn't sarcasm.
    Welcome to the internet where sarcasm is like a brick wall. Nobody sees through it without x-ray vision

Quote Originally Posted by burzumaz View Post
    Burg vs warg, using everything = the best warg in lotro for these 7 years will loose, except if burglar is total moron.

Difference between these 2 is -
    Warg doesnt have defensive skills to stay in fight. Burglars do.
    Freep dots are 10x more potent than creep dots resulting in dead warg even after hips/sprint, burgs get cleaned and with weak dots on them.
    Burglars opponents cant outheal their damage (I did managed vs some decent ones to escape with my war leader, but didnt harmed them at all), wargs opponets (most of them, except hunters) can outheal sometimes even few wargs, not to mention one.

Conclusion - wargs are not OP, they are glass cannon dpsers and with current state of Flayer, they cant choose between any options.
    Burglars on the other hand have dps and survivability and escape skills. **Difference**

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    Burg vs warg, using everything = the best warg in lotro for these 7 years will loose, except if burglar is total moron.

Difference between these 2 is -
    Warg doesnt have defensive skills to stay in fight. Burglars do.
    Freep dots are 10x more potent than creep dots resulting in dead warg even after hips/sprint, burgs get cleaned and with weak dots on them.
    Burglars opponents cant outheal their damage (I did managed vs some decent ones to escape with my war leader, but didnt harmed them at all), wargs opponets (most of them, except hunters) can outheal sometimes even few wargs, not to mention one.

Conclusion - wargs are not OP, they are glass cannon dpsers and with current state of Flayer, they cant choose between any options.
    Burglars on the other hand have dps and survivability and escape skills. **Difference**
    A warg whose DPS is outhealed by all freeps except Hunters is doing something terribly wrong, sorry.

Wargs are not overpowered, but a well played one definitely stands a chance against a burglar.
    Dobb - Burglar R13
    Thar - Guardian
    now on [DE-RP]Belegaer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz8ZvHFuh6N7VByCiHXLpaw

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    A warg whose DPS is outhealed by all freeps except Hunters is doing something terribly wrong, sorry.
    I could say the same about the freeps
    Minstrels, LM's, RK's, Wardens, Burgs, Captains, Guardians... Any decent player can survive one warg with ease.
    Champs if they are tankish like they are these days, and start using their skills, are really hard to beat even with 2 wargs, when they get the bubble on etc.
    Hunters were always the class for bright and smart ppl.. Tactical, momental, with good movement, sense of traping and finding a foe. I would say Hunters were always Royal class of LOTRO in my eyes. NEver needed to be OP like burgs, captains, champs, wardens, LMs, to be played. So even if they look like EZ meal, in good hands, i even enjoy getting killed by them
    Maybe all of these things never made me make hunter for all these years, cause when im not a burglar, i enjoy playing LEEEROOOY JENKIIINS style

Aim -> CdG from stealth is nasty? Try with a swapper who uses the ToO set to make aim auto devastate while using those +15% dev-mag relics.
    Last edited by Exion_Blade; Mar 29 2014 at 10:45 PM.

Champs if they are tankish like they are these days, and start using their skills, are really hard to beat even with 2 wargs, when they get the bubble on etc.
    This entire sentence is a contradict to my own experience. What form of "tankish" is it, of which you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    This entire sentence is a contradict to my own experience. What form of "tankish" is it, of which you speak?
    I really cant speak of most of the classes to details, cause i played only Burglar, Minstrel, Runekeeper and Guardian over lvl 30. So i comment in position of opponent of other classes. I know only their basic tactics, whats important to interupt, to counter, to kite etc.

But as for that - Most of the champs are going to the moors in their tank traits, assuming the blue line. True they dont have dps they deserve, as LOTRO's main dps class along hunts, but their survivability is not that bad on contrary.

But as for that - Most of the champs are going to the moors in their tank traits, assuming the blue line. True they dont have dps they deserve, as LOTRO's main dps class along hunts, but their survivability is not that bad on contrary.
    In blue, sure. How many champions on your server play in blue? Because I can hardly believe it's more than 10%. Blue offers nothing but a bit of the survivability red & yellow are missing. It lacks all DPS.

What wargs have you been watching? If its the typical trash warg thats only used to running in packs, like 90% of the wargs in lotro, sure they have no chance to beat a good burg in a 1v1 or even 2v1/3v1.
    Then there are the rare skilled wargs, who will always beat mediocre burgs and have a good chance of winning against good ones. Those wargs generally run around 50 k, and with the morale pots, the burg will have to dps through 62 k morale, while the warg has to dps through, lets say 19 k. Definitely not impossible.

In blue, sure. How many champions on your server play in blue? Because I can hardly believe it's more than 10%. Blue offers nothing but a bit of the survivability red & yellow are missing. It lacks all DPS.
    I will dare to say more and more every day. Yellow traited champs are bigger population, Red champs doesnt exist (Who would like to be a creep on freep side eh ), and blue players are often either in 2men group or soloers who try to tag all the almost dead creepsies
    But vs blue champ its either slow death for creep if you dont decide to run, or just a draw cause you decided to stay and heal yourself like War leaders and sh*ty defilers.

Apologies to all the fellow burgs for commenting other classes in this thread, i offered my opinion on this question little bit above.

Wargs are in pretty good position atm without doubt but each freep class has at least one trait line that can beat wargs or at least make em hips away.

hunter - trap
    captain - yellow without doubt reds can beat wargs as well though its really hard to see one these days
    guard - pretty much all
    warden - same as grd
    lm - pet is the best though you know what ppl will say if you trait it. If WC is up and wl spamming most likely you wont get killed
    RK - Healing wont get killed Lightning DPS well its a fair chance
    Mini - Healing wont get killed unless you get cocky and stunned under half morale. DPS - pretty much like RK
    Champion - Blue? wargs will just hips or go away after a try. AOE spec is weak against warg without doubt. Red lines - fight on, champs duel and that heal proc is pretty much good against wargs.

Of course I'm talking about decent gears with decent skills.

Quote Originally Posted by fallwithoutwings View Post

Of course I'm talking about decent gears with decent skills.
    That sums it up.

Blue line dps is just slightly less than red...
    http://s12.postimg.org/7w6e0kpnx/LOTRO_New_Sig.jpg
    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

I play a Burg and have done since 2007... its about time they made our dps traits do some good dps.
    CDG is broken with aim once that is gone things will change. min 4-5k each hit (skill is 3 hits).

I can get jumped by two wargs and be dead before i get outta stun... so can i say wargs are broken? noramlly one warg will take half my morale before i get outta stun or pot.
    if i find footing and pot im still sitting around half morale. ( which is like another 6k in two skills).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000da749/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    Blue line dps is just slightly less than red...
    Are you sure we're talking about the same class?

Quote Originally Posted by ScrettleSllim View Post
    I play a Burg and have done since 2007... its about time they made our dps traits do some good dps.
    LoL.

Are burglars broken? No, obviously the games fights are now intended to last no more than 6 seconds.

Are you sure we're talking about the same class?
    If the champ in question is (sadly) fully geared for blue line and they keep getting a parry response than brutal+riposte can put out some consistently high single target dps. This very much depends on how the champ is geared though - for me red line has a slight dps advantage but the lack of survivability makes it unplayable in most situations.
    Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar

If the champ in question is (sadly) fully geared for blue line and they keep getting a parry response than brutal+riposte can put out some consistently high single target dps. This very much depends on how the champ is geared though - for me red line has a slight dps advantage but the lack of survivability makes it unplayable in most situations.
    Blue line doesn't need parry responses, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Blue line doesn't need parry responses, sadly.
    Read up: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Riposte

Maybe you should actually know what you are talking about before you attempt to condescend other players!

Read up: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Riposte

Maybe you should actually know what you are talking about before you attempt to condescend other players!
    Firstly, where was the condescension in the previous post?

Secondly: I do know what I'm talking about

now if you want to say that they are still technically getting a parry response, I suppose you're correct, but they're getting it without parrying anything, which is kind of the point.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Firstly, where was the condescension in the previous post?

Secondly: I do know what I'm talking about

now if you want to say that they are still technically getting a parry response, I suppose you're correct, but they're getting it without parrying anything, which is kind of the point.
    Why do I feel condescended? You picked a really minor, semantic point in my post and thought that you would try and 'show me up'. It does not matter if the skill is triggered by an actual parry or if it is triggered by FTTP - I was saying that if Riposte is continually triggered this boosts dps.

Using the same logic, a Guardian that gets a parry response from BB jewellery is not 'really getting a parry response' - why be pedantic?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast