We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Two ideas

Two ideas

1. Make it possible to preview furniture and decorations before we buy. I hate to say it, but some of the stuff I think will look nice actually end up being really ugly. A preview would be awesome.

2. Can we please have a little more flexibility with where we can place our stuff? The fact that I only have two options for where to place something is so aggravating. Make decorating more fun please, and stop telling us where we can put our own stuff!

That is all. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Isgiel View Post
    1. Make it possible to preview furniture and decorations before we buy. I hate to say it, but some of the stuff I think will look nice actually end up being really ugly. A preview would be awesome.

2. Can we please have a little more flexibility with where we can place our stuff? The fact that I only have two options for where to place something is so aggravating. Make decorating more fun please, and stop telling us where we can put our own stuff!

That is all. Thanks.
    So you want?:

1. a preview of the decoration items (alike the collection panel)
    2. & to get rid of fixed decoration slots location or get rid of the slots classification

To the OP:

1.) As a bit of a decoration-obsessed player myself, I've found the best workaround at present for seeing what a particular decoration looks like prior to purchasing it is to look in the Wiki, or do a Google image search. Not the best solution, especially for newer items, but it's the best we have at present. Saved me from buying several Rich Rohan Bookshelves that, for some reason, contain no actual books.

2.) They will not change this in the current version of the game. The overhaul of code required to make any changes to the current hook system is not worth the time or resource investment. Best we can hope for is that they change the application of items (like the did with trees in the yard...all trees can now fit in small, large, huge, etc. yard spots). We can keep asking and hoping for free placement or additional hooks, but based on what I've seen from the devs to this point, there is no chance of this actually coming to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    So you want?:

1. a preview of the decoration items (alike the collection panel)
    2. & to get rid of fixed decoration slots location or get rid of the slots classification
    1. Sort-of. More like when we are able to preview how an item would look when cosmetically equipped, but just a preview of the item itself, with the ability to turn it so that we can see it from various angles.

2. Okay, maybe I wasn't specific enough in that one. I don't need unlimited placement options (though it would be nice), but a few more options for small furniture and wall items would be great. Maybe I want to hang a picture over my little dresser. Maybe I'd like the ability to place a chest or trunk at the end of my bed. And one or two more lawn items would be nice, too. Sometimes it's hard to have a bunch of really cool things and have to decide which to display.

3. Not part of the original post, but I just thought of this... I also think that the option to dye certain furniture would be cool as well. I like that some of the furnishings are red, but I find the items themselves absolutely hideous. A red chair without the weird shape would be pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride_the_Train View Post
    To the OP:

1.) As a bit of a decoration-obsessed player myself, I've found the best workaround at present for seeing what a particular decoration looks like prior to purchasing it is to look in the Wiki, or do a Google image search. Not the best solution, especially for newer items, but it's the best we have at present. Saved me from buying several Rich Rohan Bookshelves that, for some reason, contain no actual books.

2.) They will not change this in the current version of the game. The overhaul of code required to make any changes to the current hook system is not worth the time or resource investment. Best we can hope for is that they change the application of items (like the did with trees in the yard...all trees can now fit in small, large, huge, etc. yard spots). We can keep asking and hoping for free placement or additional hooks, but based on what I've seen from the devs to this point, there is no chance of this actually coming to fruition.
    1. I was equally disappointed and baffled by this item. The bookshelves, like the rest of the Rohirric set, are really nice, but why in the world would I want it in my house if it's completely empty? A simple preview option would have saved me from wasting my rep items.

2. Just a few more placement options would be nice. I'm not saying we need absolute say over where everything goes (the housing in EQ, while fun to decorate, can get way too cluttered and sometimes laggy), but just a couple more slots for small furniture and wall items- perhaps the ability to have a table AND a chair next to one another, a special slot that permits placing something small at the end of a bed- would really enhance my house-decorating enjoyment.