We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Please replace the annoying goblin voice overs .

Please replace the annoying goblin voice overs , as an example , this area Tham Andalath in the Evendim ,has some of the most annoying goblin voice overs I have ever heard .The one in jail in Thorins hall by the mailbox has the same annoying voice overs . I don't know why the voice overs were changed , they used to be hilarious .
    If Turbine/W.B. Makes a goblin to play in the moors PLEASE don't give it these voice overs . If i were to go out and here a new race /gobblins had these voice overs i would not spend the money or TP to buy this race .Which would be sad cause i am looking forward to one day to being able to play a gobblin .But only if it has the original voice overs that i found to be hilarious and funny emotes they have . Gobbins IMO would bring a bit of humour to the moors .

Yeah I know the one you mean, it's like a delirious shout/scream that persists after theyve been killed too! certainly always a headphones off moment. It happens in other areas too, the latest I've noticed has been in dunland on my alt. Probably happens all the way to cap though I can't specifically remember any in rohan east or west.

I like it - its part of the atmosphere

I like it. Goblins are supposed to be annoying. At least we do not have the Asheron's Call Mites - they are very annoying sounding.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I liked the old gobblins voice overs that had a few words to speak like DIE ! DIE ! DIE ! followed by evil giggles . There are a few of those old gobblins left with the original voice overs but I'm finding them fewer and fewer as time goes on . Ironically the power of a voice over can make or break the enjoyment of playing or fighting a character . I often play with combat sounds off and some of the battle voices come through in the sound effect UI i also have that turned off now . The man race yell of a warden gets to be to much so those combat sound effects are off ( I should have made a hobbit Warden for the least annoying warden yells , Dwarf Warden would have been preferred ....). I also play with the music off , mainly because i listen to other music while playing . Some classes such as the LM you almost need the combat sounds on to hear the flanked responses of which i would have liked turned up a bit .

Quote Originally Posted by spiritsource View Post
    Please replace the annoying goblin voice overs , as an example , this area Tham Andalath in the Evendim ,has some of the most annoying goblin voice overs I have ever heard .The one in jail in Thorins hall by the mailbox has the same annoying voice overs . I don't know why the voice overs were changed , they used to be hilarious .
    If Turbine/W.B. Makes a goblin to play in the moors PLEASE don't give it these voice overs . If i were to go out and here a new race /gobblins had these voice overs i would not spend the money or TP to buy this race .Which would be sad cause i am looking forward to one day to being able to play a gobblin .But only if it has the original voice overs that i found to be hilarious and funny emotes they have . Gobbins IMO would bring a bit of humour to the moors .
    NEVERRR!!!!! OMG!!

I am not exaggerating when I say that these annoying goblins are my favourite creature in-game. I park a couple of alts at Thorins vault just because I like using the mailbox near that caged one. After U13 I guess I won't need to actually use the mailbox, technically, but I still will.

My one lamentation is that I've never been able to actually play one of these goblins in the Moors. To be able to one day would sincerely be a dream come true!

The caged one isn't so bad as some of the others, though. That one sounds more like the old voiceovers for the goblins. The new ones have this horrible screaming screech, that devolves into moans and such and it all stays well after the goblin is dead, until their corpse disappears.

I, too, prefer the old voiceovers. Or, at least if they would mix in the old voiceovers with the new, separating the new out some to make it less annoying and bring back some of the comic relief that goblins can be, it'd be a better thing all around.

Quote Originally Posted by sansa78 View Post
    The caged one isn't so bad as some of the others, though. That one sounds more like the old voiceovers for the goblins. The new ones have this horrible screaming screech, that devolves into moans and such and it all stays well after the goblin is dead, until their corpse disappears.

I, too, prefer the old voiceovers. Or, at least if they would mix in the old voiceovers with the new, separating the new out some to make it less annoying and bring back some of the comic relief that goblins can be, it'd be a better thing all around.
    Yeah, a mixture would be best, for sure. Variety is always nice.