We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Swift travel routes in the store

Sell the swift travels routes in the store. Turbine should sell them like the store exclusive horses. Put a few in the store for awhile, then take them down. Then put different ones in the store at a later date. Its a win/win, players can buy the routes they want and turbine can still get players to buy mithril coins to use the other swift travel routes.
    Fordakidz(sapience) says, 'THIS IS MY ROCK! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

I doubt you will see this occurring. A number of customers have complained about the low value of being a subscriber. Turbine is in the process of creating new subscriber only perks.

What they might do is provide a swift travel pass (limited time access) similar to the Moors pass that is currently being tested on Bullroarer. Turbine used have a monthly pass for stable routes. I called the Mothra travel option. Every month you had to buy a new Mothra because the old Moth died. The stable pass was replaced by the single route Mithril coin travel.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Isn't this possible through Mithril coins ?

You can purchase single swift travels for 1 Mithril Coin per travel. Aside from that, there's an item you can use to get 1 hour of free swift travels: Writ of Special Passage. Possibly, that one is no longer available in the store, but it still drops in landscape, and from the starter boxes you get on new characters.

As to buying a permanent unlock for specific routes, I agree with Yula, it's not likely to happen.

As you can take just one month of subscription and permanently unlock swift travel for all characters logged-in during that time, as well as a lot of other perks, I can't see the value in this at all I'm afraid.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindolvoth View Post
    Sell the swift travels routes in the store. Turbine should sell them like the store exclusive horses. Put a few in the store for awhile, then take them down. Then put different ones in the store at a later date. Its a win/win, players can buy the routes they want and turbine can still get players to buy mithril coins to use the other swift travel routes.
    We already have several versions of it.

You can buy Mitrhil coins and pay with them for swift travel either at stables, or to reach quest destination point.

We also can buy travel maps in Store.

We can buy Writ of Passage that unocks all travel routes for a time.

And we can payt a sub for a month to unlock the swift travel permanently.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Nindolvoth View Post
    For the amount of MC Turbine would likely charge for this per travel route I bet that subscribing for 1 month would actually be a lot cheaper. Also, some swift travel routes are gated behind completing x # of quests, example Eregion so, if the swift travel option was made available in the store it would negate having to do the quests to unlock the route.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White