We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Reputation Mount Cosmetics for War-steeds

I think a nice addition to the same old ho-hum reputation rewards (potions, weapons, jewelry, gear, scrolls, etc.) would be to sell war-steed cosmetics based on the faction mount, gated at the same level as the mount itself.

It would add a lot more customization to war-steed appearances (more incentive for players to buy your overpriced dyes *cough* -- I'd rather be able to buy the one color I want instead of the one plus three I won't use), and gives players a reason to go back and finish any reputation in earlier places that they didn't finish before. Besides, a lot of the reputation mounts are awesome. Many of them have very unique gear and tack that I'd love to use on my war-steed. They'd certainly look far better than the incessant tablecloths that keep getting thrown at us for festivals. (Those look really tacky. Please be more creative. Thank you.)

I think the only stipulation I'd add to this is to -not- require mithril coins to obtain it in any way. Faction currency only so it remains a real faction reward.

(And if this is a repeated suggestion, I apologize. I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere else.)
    [CENTER][COLOR=#009966][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3][I][FONT=palatino linotype]I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I rode in on?[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]--------------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#cc9933][FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffcc66]> [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffcc66][FONT=franklin gothic medium]Founder of [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=franklin gothic medium][U][URL="http://legacyofnarsilion.guildlaunch.com/"][COLOR=#99ff99]Legacy of Narsilion[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ffcc66] <[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff6600]- [FONT=franklin gothic medium][SIZE=2]Extra Life Gamer | [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][U][URL="http://www.extra-life.org/participant/89904"][COLOR=#ff0033]Captain[/COLOR][/URL][/U][COLOR=#ff6600][FONT=franklin gothic medium], [+INT] Intelligence Modifiers -[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=franklin gothic medium]--------------------------------------------------[/FONT][/CENTER]

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I wouldn't have a problem with some monetization in this area, either if it wasn't going to happen otherwise, although it would be more inclusive if there was no store cost for these things.

What about a VIP perk (store unlock for other account types) that opens up another tier of reputation/rewards in the various factions? Meta-deed war-steed cosmetics could be attached to completing those extra tiers of rep.

More personalisation of the War-steed! ^^ Since we're basically going to use our faithful steeds throughout most of the rest of the game, this would be very cool.
    I still think it's sad that there were no quests (IIRC) in West Rohan rewarding mount cosmetics a la the various Eastern Rohan factions.
    I want the white flag from the steed of the Elf-Lords as a cosmetic as well
    But I think this would require their art team to re-design the various parts again, as they've probably created the steeds as a whole, right?
    "Not all those who wander are lost" ~ FotR
    Evernight: Faratalath (100 Hunter), Dorthar (76 Minstrel), Tardaros (42 Captain) and many more

I agree 100%!

Additionally, I'd like it if War-steed Dye Packs and coat sets were obtainable from high-tier lootboxes, even if it was pretty rare.

I would also absolutely love to see this.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Faratalath View Post
    I still think it's sad that there were no quests (IIRC) in West Rohan rewarding mount cosmetics a la the various Eastern Rohan factions.
    The warbands in West Rohan drop cosmetics sometimes from the WB boxes. (Thankfully proper cosmetics this time and not just heads on a stick)

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    (Thankfully proper cosmetics this time and not just heads on a stick)
    Aww, what's wrong with heads impaled on sticks? The flies are a lovely touch.

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    I want to see this! As a cosmetic... promiscuous person... I really feel like this should be added. At least to me it would make it a lot better and lot more acceptable, in ways.
    [center][i]Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.[/i][/center]
    [center][color=green][i]Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.[/i][/color][/center]