We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Congratulations to the new council members.

I hope you have a fun and productive year.

You might need to bring some more pie...
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    We've sent out the invitations for this year's council. So please check the email address you listed in your application. If you didn't receive a reply, we thank you for applying and hope you'll considering applying again next year. Of course, there is still the possibility that if someone cannot participate, or has to be removed for some reason, you could be called upon to replace them.

I just want to touch on a couple of things.

There is no 'representative of my server'. All 29 servers play the same game. While you may have variations in population, play times, or other things, the game you are playing is the same as everyone else on ever server. So we won't be listed people by server this year as it sent the wrong message last year.

Also, the word "representative" should be thought of more in terms of a "representative sample of the player population as a whole."
    Rather than a breakdown by server, how about a breakdown by play style, so we can see the representative sample?
    Such as Primary focus of :
    Non-instance PVE:
    Instance spaces:
    Role Play:
    PVP:
    Crafting:
    Little bit of everything:
    Altoholic:

Or whatever terms the PC and Turbine would like to describe them.

We've sent out the invitations for this year's council. So please check the email address you listed in your application. If you didn't receive a reply, we thank you for applying and hope you'll considering applying again next year. Of course, there is still the possibility that if someone cannot participate, or has to be removed for some reason, you could be called upon to replace them.

I just want to touch on a couple of things.

There is no 'representative of my server'. All 29 servers play the same game. While you may have variations in population, play times, or other things, the game you are playing is the same as everyone else on ever server. So we won't be listed people by server this year as it sent the wrong message last year.

Also, the word "representative" should be thought of more in terms of a "representative sample of the player population as a whole."
    If spelunker doesn't get picked to be a Council Member...I won't even know what to say.

Can't wait to find out who they are.

Good luck to the new council
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

It appears my invite has been misplaced again

Congrats to those who were selected.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Galuhad | Narvelan[/B]
    Lore Breakers of Eldar[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/list.php?skinnerid=3762"]Plugins[/URL] | [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?538975-Accounts-for-New-Players"]New Player Guide[/URL] | [URL="http://www.twitch.tv/galuhad"]Twitch[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

We will see if Sapience chooses people who say what he wants to hear.

Or...

If we get people in the Players Council who are willing to push the envelope and push Turbine.

The PC isn't going to be a panacea for all that ails LOTRO but if they don't just select "yes men" (and women) perhaps the PC can help push Turbine away from disastrous decisions like the Skill Tree.
    Also the PC needs to be let out of the NDA cage and be more free to communicate with the community = without this the PC is just NDA purgatory as far as I'm concerned.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

+Sapience, Can you tell us if selected players are allowed to disclose their 2014 status prior to the release of the compiled list on the 24th?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post

Just keep swimming, my friend! A bit o' Dory will cheer us up.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    Just keep swimming, my friend! A bit o' Dory will cheer us up.
    Congrats to those who were selected, both the new arrivals and those who were chosen to remain.

Whoever you are, I wish you all the best in your efforts, and hope that the current players will feel encouraged by your selection at the time of the announcement.

Early Congratulations to all of those selected! You will have an amazing experience and a great time working with the people and devs from Turbine. Do good works and give it all you got. No holding back. It's a special time and special opportunity.

You will be working and thinking more than ever before about a lot of the game. Don't give up, keep swimming, row with the flow when you can, push the envelope where it's needed, and learn everything you can about the game. Give your insight to areas that you know about and learn learn learn about areas you don't. It's not a 1 sided die, you have to be up on all the facets you can.

/roll 20
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    /roll 20
    And may all your advice prove to be a natural 20 =)

Quote Originally Posted by GodOfBrandywine View Post
    If spelunker doesn't get picked to be a Council Member...I won't even know what to say._________________
    Agree completely.

And Congratulations to new Council Members.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post
    We will see if Sapience chooses people who say what he wants to hear.

The PC isn't going to be a panacea for all that ails LOTRO but if they don't just select "yes men" (and women) perhaps the PC can help push Turbine away from disastrous decisions like the Skill Tree.
    Yep.

It's clear to me (and from what I read, like the post above, to many other people too) that if Turbine is serious about fixing LOTRO, spelunker is the very first person they need to invite to the PC. But given Sapience's penchant for picking yes-men, I don't have much confidence that things will be different this time around. We'll see, though. Maybe he'll surprise us.

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post

All of the above.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by GodOfBrandywine View Post
    Yep.

It's clear to me (and from what I read, like the post above, to many other people too) that if Turbine is serious about fixing LOTRO, spelunker is the very first person they need to invite to the PC. But given Sapience's penchant for picking yes-men, I don't have much confidence that things will be different this time around. We'll see, though. Maybe he'll surprise us.
    I don't believe that. I've openly criticized my fair share of Turbine's decisions but still got invited to the 2013 council. The first council had a lot of discussion and often there were some ideology clashes, but as long as the discussion was civil (which happen most of the times) progress can be made.

The Yay's are just as important as the Nay's, as long as both sides (or more) of the discussions were well structured and respectful.

I have no idea who's this spelunker player is, but you submitted an application for him and if his profile matches what Turbine is looking for, I'm sure he will get his fair review.
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadur View Post
    I don't believe that. I've openly criticized my fair share of Turbine's decisions but still got invited to the 2013 council. The first council had a lot of discussion and often there were some ideology clashes, but as long as the discussion was civil (which happen most of the times) progress can be made.

The Yay's are just as important as the Nay's, as long as both sides (or more) of the discussions were well structured and respectful.

I have no idea who's this spelunker player is, but you submitted an application for him and if his profile matches what Turbine is looking for, I'm sure he will get his fair review.
    Frankly I'm confused as to why people are saying this stuff this time around, when even a cursory glance at the previous PC roster can tell you that they didn't just get people would agree to everything.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Same here, I've been very critical of things that Turbine has done in the past, especially regarding Advertising of previous Expansions and what they include, and also the security issues with the former Forums.
    I'm also not sure who spelunker is, or which server he is playing on.
    Hir i Meigol Bruinen/High Council Member of the EoI/Of the Exiles of the Hidden City/Meigol Bruinen, Uncle Seregnin's Misguided Children, Curse the name of Maeglin, the Treacherous Villain, forever, may he rot in the Halls of Mandos for all time....
    Player Councillor. http://www.swtor.com/r/XWNQXP is my refer-a-friend link for SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    +Sapience, Can you tell us if selected players are allowed to disclose their 2014 status prior to the release of the compiled list on the 24th?
    I'm pretty sure I read on Facebook that they weren't allowed to.

Congratulations to the new members, whoever you may be and I hope that all of you do as great as job as last years council seems to have. (Really love Update 13!!)
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    They are not permitted to say they were selected until we officially announce them. In part it's a test (can you really follow a very simple NDA?) and in part it's to allow for anyone who has changed their minds. We intentionally 'over invited' by 9, so if a few do not reply or are no longer interested there won't be a need to choose new members.

'over invited' by 9'
    Hope there's no significance in the fact its 'The 9'

Quote Originally Posted by Laucian_Nailor View Post
    Hope there's no significance in the fact its 'The 9'
    The fact that they overinvited by 9 is no more significant than the statement 9 members of the 2013 PC were asked to return.

I find it very amusing though.

sorry to post here, not sure who else to talk to. I sent sapience pm, but my email account was recently hacked and is locked for another 3 weeks. I doubt I got on, but would like to confirm.

I have no idea who's this spelunker player is
    This is very alarming to me, given that you are a Council Member.

For one, it shows that you don't read the Bullroarer forums, or very many of the important threads around here. If you did, you would know.

At the end of the day, it's not our job to fix this mess for Turbine. It's up to them to hire competent developers, and force them to actually test the changes when those developers mess with the code (the U13 orc-craft autoattack "change," anyone?). A Players Council can be helpful, but it comes down to the same issue: whether Turbine is serious about fixing the game or not. If they are, spelunker would be the unanimous first invite sent out. I have no doubt about that.

I think you'll find that a great many of the community that, as a member of the Players Council, you represent - feel the same way. Many people have posted begging Turbine to read spelunker's posts and listen to what he says.

Here are only a few recent examples that I could find:

Posts by spelunker

Bullroarer Forums (Mitigations Change) #257

Bullroarer Forums (Mitigations Change) #328 (Read this whole page)

^This post is interesting also because he's responding to a Council Member. Compare the two posts. Read the responses to both. The Players Council member not only takes a wild swing and a miss at discussing balance, but states that the majority of beta feedback was 'garbage.' I mean honestly, can you read spelunker's posts, then read furtim's posts, and tell me with a straight face that the Players Council isn't a joke? Like, seriously, how is it possible that with people like spelunker out there, not only does he not get picked, but someone like furtim does? It's laughable.

Bullroarer Forums (Mitigations Change) #49

Bullroarer Forums (Mitigations Change) #67

Bullroarer Forums (Mitigations Change) #244

Bullroarer Forums (Mitigations Change) #249

Response to Letter From Executive Producer Aaron Campbell

I came up with these in 5 minutes.

Again, I don't work for Turbine. It's not my job to fix the game. It's not my job to spend time finding them good Players Council candidates. I've already wasted a great deal of my time on this post, as I'm fairly certain this will all fall on deaf ears. No matter, as after six and a half years of paying for two VIP accounts and being heavily invested in LOTRO, Turbine has done me the favor of destroying the brilliant game that this was in SoA, Moria, and SoM to where I no longer have a strong attachment to it. I'll play LOTRO until it dies, but will probably only come back to check out things like Minas Tirith, or Mordor, or if they make an Osgiliath PVMP zone.

Bottom line, if Turbine is serious about fixing LOTRO, the very first 2014 PC invitation sent out would have been to spelunker. We'll see what happens.

but you submitted an application for him and if his profile matches what Turbine is looking for, I'm sure he will get his fair review.
    See, that's exactly it, I'm nearly certain he will not get his 'fair review.'

First of all, I don't even know if he would accept. It seems like a very stressful job, working with developers who - albeit clearly have a passion for the game and work very hard - are in many ways completely incompetent.

Secondly, I look at who was picked for the 2013 Council - and more importantly, who wasn't - and it gives me every reason to think that the right people won't get picked, and the wrong people will.

Edit:

Oh, and I didn't submit an application for him. They've read spelunker's posts. They know who he is. I want to see what they'll do. Whatever ends up happening will be very telling.

The new list hasn't even been announced yet and we're already arguing about who was or wasn't chosen? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait and see who made it through for this year?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast