We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Burglar stealth level/detection

Since hunters are getting their stealth tracks back, as we all expected it, burglars stealth detection/level must be nerfed. Detecting a warg from 15 meters away, without any warning is crazy. It was ok till now, but with Update 13 i think it should be fixed/nerfed.

Discuss/comment if you like.

Cheers
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Burgs can attain +20 stealth level. That is a bit much for the moors. I can understand wanting to give them customizing options for their stealth rating but there is such a thing as too much.
    Then again, a warg CAN sealth track. So, tradeoff?
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

If wargs hadn't been doing the exact same thing last expansion, I might have some sympathy for you.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Burgs can attain +20 stealth level. That is a bit much for the moors. I can understand wanting to give them customizing options for their stealth rating but there is such a thing as too much.
    Then again, a warg CAN sealth track. So, tradeoff?
    Ok, trade off - give me a warning when i get detected across whole screen so i can reset my stealth? (Im atm representing wargs, even tho im a burg too).

only problem I really see with it is that only wargs can detect stealthed burglars without the token and it requires them to sacrifice a measure of their own stealth to do so (if I remember the downside of that particular class trait correctly). Rangers can track stealthed targets without any sacrifice. Now if rangers required something extra to track stealthed creeps or suffered a temporary penalty whenever they successfully did so I wouldn't have any issue with it.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/UncrownedPrince91"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FFFF"]I Have a YouTube Channel and... it kinda sucks but visit anyway to make me feel nice :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    Ok, trade off - give me a warning when i get detected across whole screen so i can reset my stealth? (Im atm representing wargs, even tho im a burg too).
    You feel as tho you are being followed...
    Standard
    PvMP+ plugin flashes this across your screen in bright colors.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenfate View Post
    only problem I really see with it is that only wargs can detect stealthed burglars without the token and it requires them to sacrifice a measure of their own stealth to do so (if I remember the downside of that particular class trait correctly). Rangers can track stealthed targets without any sacrifice. Now if rangers required something extra to track stealthed creeps or suffered a temporary penalty whenever they successfully did so I wouldn't have any issue with it.
    They have the class trait for their R9 track, which detects stealthed Burglars. Uruks (WL's & BA's) are also able to buy trackers from a vendor in Grams that are able to track Man Burglars, while Wargs can buy a different version of those trackers which will work for Hobbit Burglars.

You think you need more tracking?
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    You feel as tho you are being followed...
    Standard
    PvMP+ plugin flashes this across your screen in bright colors.
    First read what i wrote. Not TRACKED but DETECTED. At least when you get tracked on burglar you have a warning that someone did that to you. When you get detected there isnt a warning.

Before, there wasnt a problem like this, cause burgs and wargs had aproximatly same stealth level leading to dice rolling who will detect the other one. Now burglars have stealth level 20 vs wargs 4-6, whatever.
    So you find yourself lurking around, and second later burg stacked you cunning attack and hispes, watching your morale going away in 20 seconds.

P.S. i expected more of the fotm burgs on this thread, but they actually dont care about it, they will find new fotm class as soon as we get nerfed.

So you find yourself lurking around, and second later burg stacked you cunning attack and hispes, watching your morale going away in 20 seconds.
    At which point the warg promptly stands still and does not use any skills, waiting for the burg to come back and finish him off.

RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    yes separate cool downs for hobbit trackers and sense prey. so those pesky solo hobbit burgs have no chance of getting away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    At which point the warg promptly stands still and does not use any skills, waiting for the burg to come back and finish him off.

You can hips at same second, 2/3 cunning attacks from stealth + any other skill and warg is dead before you are out of stun and able to hips/sprint.

+This is not a thread how burgs are god mode now and needs to be nerfed. Im speaking about stealth level and stealth detection.
    Difference between being tracked and being detected is - when you are tracked you have a chance to escape/defend.

Burg doesnt need any nerf. Before HD i was terrible burg, now i can kill anything stealth or not you gonna drop... Stealth, aim, CdG, cunning attack and auto-attack= enjoy your renown. Love ya Turbine, like you say "powered by our fans".

Quote Originally Posted by Bazkanaggi View Post
    Burg doesnt need any nerf. Before HD i was terrible burg, now i can kill anything stealth or not you gonna drop... Stealth, aim, CdG, cunning attack and auto-attack= enjoy your renown. Love ya Turbine, like you say "powered by our fans".
    This is why Toxic Carapace is awesome :3

They have the class trait for their R9 track, which detects stealthed Burglars. Uruks (WL's & BA's) are also able to buy trackers from a vendor in Grams that are able to track Man Burglars, while Wargs can buy a different version of those trackers which will work for Hobbit Burglars.

...I'm beginning to think you're a troll or you just don't read.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/UncrownedPrince91"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FFFF"]I Have a YouTube Channel and... it kinda sucks but visit anyway to make me feel nice :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

This is why Toxic Carapace is awesome :3
    Sounds like some creep class need nerf. On book and movies any creep can´t solo freep!!

...I'm beginning to think you're a troll or you just don't read.
    Enlighten me.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Bazkanaggi View Post
    Sounds like some creep class need nerf. On book and movies any creep can´t solo freep!!
    It's our only weapon so have a taste of your own blade coated in acid :3

Enlighten me.
    Your Post:

"They have the class trait for their R9 track, which detects stealthed Burglars. Uruks (WL's & BA's) are also able to buy trackers from a vendor in Grams that are able to track Man Burglars, while Wargs can buy a different version of those trackers which will work for Hobbit Burglars.

You think you need more tracking?"

My Post:

"only problem I really see with it is that only wargs can detect stealthed burglars without the token and it requires them to sacrifice a measure of their own stealth to do so (if I remember the downside of that particular class trait correctly). Rangers can track stealthed targets without any sacrifice. Now if rangers required something extra to track stealthed creeps or suffered a temporary penalty whenever they successfully did so I wouldn't have any issue with it."

As you can plainly see, my post is regarding the effectiveness of Ranger tracking not boosting Creep tracking. In other words I'm suggesting that Ranger tracking come with a downside since they can detect everyone without flaw while the creep side is limited and restricted. So your TLDR point, "You think you need more tracking?" makes absolutely no sense, I never said we needed more in that post.

I play a burg and I am yet to detected a Warg from 15 metres away closest i get is 5m and its because they are normally standing still. I have 13-17 stealth level, I even tried this out with the old rift cloak lvl 50 with +1 stealth detect and I am yet to see any class 15m away.

I don't get the OP comment how hunters should sacrifice something so they can track stealth, sure they had to do this in the past but I dont think it is a relevant... Creep vision " can buy items from vendor" trackes all stealth non stealth.... Zero trade off!

I do believe however everything on damage and heals should be nerfed to make battles longer, I find burst on a burg and kililng a warg in 4-6 skills or a warg spamming/exploit and your dead in less than 4-10 seconds
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000da749/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

only problem I really see with it is that only wargs can detect stealthed burglars without the token and it requires them to sacrifice a measure of their own stealth to do so (if I remember the downside of that particular class trait correctly)
    I was replying to the first half of your post, not the second.

Eniigmatik | Exploit

I was replying to the first half of your post, not the second.

The point of the first half was to highlight the fact that wargs sacrifice a good chunk of their stealth for the sake of tracking. Still not asking for more tracking.

The point of the first half was to highlight the fact that wargs sacrifice a good chunk of their stealth for the sake of tracking.
    No they don't.

Burglars spotting wargs 15 meters away.. what game are you playing(?), because it's not LOTRO.

Burglars are very easy to kill, just as wargs are.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

Quote Originally Posted by HebnesO View Post
    No they don't.

Burglars are very easy to kill, just as wargs are.
    I suggest you to learn to play, cause my burglar with average gear is everything but never easy to kill.

Explain to me how stealth level matters at all when you're spam tracked by 3 different classes into the ground. When almost anything can find you anytime they want, stealth becomes useless. I have no sympathy at all, I can't wait to follow hunters around as they blast wargs out of stealth in U13.

Edit:grammar
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c6e65/signature.png]Dercin[/charsig]

I suggest you to learn to play, cause my burglar with average gear is everything but never easy to kill.
    Lol, standard reply. I can also play that game.

You must be facing terribad wargs.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden

Quote Originally Posted by HebnesO View Post
    Lol, standard reply. I can also play that game.

You must be facing terribad wargs.
    If its standard reply to you, must be some truth in it, eh?
    Not starting a fight m8, just its bit stupid to be found in stealth while roaming around without any warning. In co-op with current god mode state of burgs, its devastating blow.
    I wouldnt mind to see one more freep class having some restricted track, but this is _____. When we, as a burgs, get tracked, at least we have time to restealth before anyone even think about wounding me or get bleed on me.

If its standard reply to you, must be some truth in it, eh?
    Eh, no?

Not starting a fight m8, just its bit stupid to be found in stealth while roaming around without any warning. In co-op with current god mode state of burgs, its devastating blow.
    That's how it has ALWAYS been, while wargs has had better stealth detection for years, burgs have it now. How you approach the burg and how he approach you will determine if you get spotted or not and that's usually quite random.

Current Terminator state of burgs, they're not God mode. They do nice damage, but vs a warg in Shadow, they're squishy(10s KO only thing that can stop it, somewhat). That is the truth.

I wouldnt mind to see one more freep class having some restricted track, but this is _____.
    I'm sorry, track? There are NO tracks on freepside as it is now.(Store doesn't count). Stealth DETECTION and track is completely different.

When we, as a burgs, get tracked, at least we have time to restealth before anyone even think about wounding me or get bleed on me.
    Stray tracks, just to see if you're in the area? Pretty sure most people who know how to track will attack you witin the 10 seconds it takes you to restealth. Oh, he hipsed, no problemo, you can still track HIPS'ed targets.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast