We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How's the Pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Sampras View Post
    Interesting concept of 'balance'.
    Balance on the Macro level actually seems halfway decent, provided neither side stacks billions of their OP classes (I'm looking at you Brandyzerg 24-man Defiler raid). Obviously neither side has a good history of putting out balanced groups when stacking the OP ones is more beneficial though. 8 v 5 is a pretty significant numbers disparity: would you feel things were imbalanced if 38 creeps were easily wiping 24 freeps? I know I wouldn't.

Class by class balance is absolutely horrific, but throw together a 6-man with one of every creep class against a freep group with a mini or rk, a cappy, a burg or LM, and 3 other dps classes and I think you'll find the victor is decided by the players and their strategy.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    If you're a raid babe that relies on the minimal crux of strength in numbers, then it's pretty good for no more than 4 hours/day at best.

If you're not a fan of only using an average of 5 skills on whatever class you play, then PvP has probably been dead for a long time on 90% of servers.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][B]Thorcar[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff8c00][B]Into The West - Elendilmir
    [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][B]Apex - Elendilmir[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

I tried playing yesterday and my movement was terrible. I found out a few seconds after dying that I had Combat Movement Assistance? on for some reason o.O

I logged off soon after anyways because there were no solo freeps out... just 2 big groups that spam healed 10v1, but there's nothing wrong with not letting your fellowship member die. I would hate if I died in a group because noone healed me for some person to get 1 kill

ps I love critting all over Stylo
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    would you feel things were imbalanced if 38 creeps were easily wiping 24 freeps? I know I wouldn't.
    Would you feel things were balanced if aforementioned situation occurred?

Quote Originally Posted by Sampras View Post
    Would you feel things were balanced if aforementioned situation occurred?
    You just jumped across three different topics to get to that statement.

If 5 v 8, or 38 v 24 is a balanced fight for both sides that is a huge balance issue in terms of the capacity of either side. If 24 v 38, or 8 v 5 is not balanced and is still a regular occurrence that is an issue with the people behind the keyboard being jerks (which we already know is the case) and an issue with the rewards systems (which we already know is the case). Both of these problems are completely unrelated to the topic as presented, which is how combat actually works between the 2 factions.

If the above isn't what you were alluding to, I don't know what to tell you.
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

If 5 v 8, or 38 v 24 is a balanced fight for both sides that is a huge balance issue in terms of the capacity of either side.
    Not to nitpick you specifically Des, but I like how most statements like this generally assume most other variables are constant between every 1 person.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Not to nitpick you specifically Des, but I like how most statements like this generally assume most other variables are constant between every 1 person.
    While it is certainly unfair to assume that everyone involved in any given encounter is doing so from an equal footing, it is not unfair to speak in terms of 'balance' as if everyone is on an equal footing (or at least as if everyone is on a fixed ratio in terms of being out of whack). The reality of an 8 v 5 is certainly that some players may be incredibly gifted (by lotro standards of course), and some may be the most horrific abominations to ever wield a mouse and keyboard, or one side might be sitting next to eachother in a room speaking directly in realtime about strategy and coordinating, while the other might not even be using visual communication such as typing.

In order to have a comprehensible conversation about 'balance' of a given aspect of the game (in this case, the relative effectiveness of each pvp faction against the other) we need to make the assumption that these other factors are not contributing to a given scenario, or more accurately willfully remove these potential variables from consideration. Without removing these variables from the conversation the entire premise of having the conversation becomes absurd.

While it is certainly unfair to assume that everyone involved in any given encounter is doing so from an equal footing, it is not unfair to speak in terms of 'balance' as if everyone is on an equal footing (or at least as if everyone is on a fixed ratio in terms of being out of whack). The reality of an 8 v 5 is certainly that some players may be incredibly gifted (by lotro standards of course), and some may be the most horrific abominations to ever wield a mouse and keyboard, or one side might be sitting next to eachother in a room speaking directly in realtime about strategy and coordinating, while the other might not even be using visual communication such as typing.

In order to have a comprehensible conversation about 'balance' of a given aspect of the game (in this case, the relative effectiveness of each pvp faction against the other) we need to make the assumption that these other factors are not contributing to a given scenario, or more accurately willfully remove these potential variables from consideration. Without removing these variables from the conversation the entire premise of having the conversation becomes absurd.
    Can you do my philosophy essays?

the most horrific abomination to ever wield a mouse and keyboard
    I was trying to describe my gaming abilities to a group the other day. You did it in 11 words. TY kind fellow.
    Lebronjames

Not disagreeing at all. When discussing it in terms of realtime though, too many people act like those additional variables don't exist, or that they shouldn't or actually don't have real-time effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Boc3phus View Post
    I was trying to describe my gaming abilities to a group the other day. You did it in 11 words. TY kind fellow.
    R.I.P. Johnnybedeade
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2