We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How's the Pvp

How's the Pvp

Want to transfer to a server with good players but not sure if Elendilmir is dead or not? How's the pvp?

There's some actions at US prime time but other than that it's pretty much dead. Not like what it used to be when it was 24/7.

If you want actions brandywine is the answer.

I'd wait till u13 hits, since it is supposed to be a game breaker.... E has some fun to offer, more small grouping that on say BW I've encountered, a few competent creeps as well, good luck finding a server with good freeps these days though :/

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Yes, there's good action. We get raid fights basically every day, but also lots of time for solo and small group play so you don't have to join the huge raid to avoid getting rolled.
    Norbhutskesiel

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    I'd wait till u13 hits, since it is supposed to be a game breaker.... E has some fun to offer, more small grouping that on say BW I've encountered, a few competent creeps as well, good luck finding a server with good freeps these days though :/
    If an expansion couldn't bring many people back, an update won't.

Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    KillGore, if they make snap decision to introduce in next update their brainstorm idea of catapults, do you think that could make a difference? :P

Who said anything about bringing people back?

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

The last update has brought a number of new players to the moors, mostly freeps who no longer find the pve side rewarding...(go figure), so the question is how will many of these new pvpers respond to what they will consider a nerf, that is assuming Turbine has any clue which way to turn the screwdriver.

Right now they are fighting creeps who's skill rotation looks something like:

whitebar-whitebar-skill-whitebar-whitebar-skill-skill-whitebar-whitebar-whitebar-skill-whitebar-skill-whitebar-whitebar-whitebar-whitebar

assuming this isn't some evil genius stealth attempt by Turbine to unlag the servers of massive skill lag, (by not actually letting players play) then balance to the force will be a taste of cruel reality to some of these newer folks.
    [COLOR=#ffa500][I]Hossi Smashi [/I][/COLOR][I][COLOR=#0000ff]Berenhad Halberen Berendur [/COLOR][COLOR=#dda0dd]Belberella [/COLOR][COLOR=#008080]Beerbo Burpo
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#dda0dd]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#afeeee]Bron Yr Aur[/COLOR][COLOR=#dda0dd]

[/COLOR][COLOR=#cccc33][B]Poxid - Snarlz[/B][/COLOR][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    The last update has brought a number of new players to the moors, mostly freeps who no longer find the pve side rewarding...(go figure), so the question is how will many of these new pvpers respond to what they will consider a nerf, that is assuming Turbine has any clue which way to turn the screwdriver.

Right now they are fighting creeps who's skill rotation looks something like:

whitebar-whitebar-skill-whitebar-whitebar-skill-skill-whitebar-whitebar-whitebar-skill-whitebar-skill-whitebar-whitebar-whitebar-whitebar

assuming this isn't some evil genius stealth attempt by Turbine to unlag the servers of massive skill lag, (by not actually letting players play) then balance to the force will be a taste of cruel reality to some of these newer folks.
    To me they could/should take advantage of the pvp part of the game. I think to start enhancing it would take far fewer resources money/time-wise to show benefits. This would give them the time they need to fix/change things on the pve/questing side of the game that has cause me to leave my freep chars at lvl 75.
    Lebronjames

during usa primetime you have a shot at finding some action- sometimes its so busy the hamsters all have heart attacks...

If I go out into the moors at other times though it seems to induce comas more often than not. Doesn't seem to matter if I am on creep or freep.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

Quote Originally Posted by tkroll View Post
    during usa primetime you have a shot at finding some action- sometimes its so busy the hamsters all have heart attacks...

If I go out into the moors at other times though it seems to induce comas more often than not. Doesn't seem to matter if I am on creep or freep.
    You play creepside? Lies!
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Quote Originally Posted by HinderSpam View Post
    You play creepside? Lies!
    Haven't played creepside much this month- but I do have two creeps I enjoy playing from time to time, and a third kind of on standby.
    Try to go to whichever side has less numbers usually, lately we haven't had as many in kin freepside so I've been freeping mostly.

Favorite toon at the moment is my hunter though. The kidlet she's named for won't be hobbit sized much longer

And I lie too poorly to convince anyone of anything should I attempt it. That's why I didn't get into law or politics.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

Did U13 change anything?

Edit: It seems they added 5 extra extra 1shotters to Gramsfoot, poor Gando will die almost automatically now
    Last edited by HinderSpam; Apr 15 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Did U13 change anything?
    I think it's still too soon to tell, but there are definitely a few more faces on either side during off-peak hours; although of course, not everyone is necessarily looking for fights. But I think initial interest is the normal response to any update which has any effect on the Moors. During Asian prime-time, I have gotten a few nice little group fights on creep-side, with and against some people who are new to the Moors. There seems to be more a little more small grouping going on during this time on freep-side, often kin grouplets. Definitely interest in defilers has increased, which is nice to see! It will be some time before we can judge whether Turbine can make new interest stick, though.
    [color=green]Smuggs the lackadaisa-chiukupfongcheung-burg![/color] / [color=blue]Poup the rabid flea-nest[/color] ~^-^~

have you seen the entwood though?
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

tgrdtgpokreitopbg32wp90ri49512 q0u94r23w4e
    Last edited by HinderSpam; Apr 21 2014 at 12:47 AM.

Hey! You're supposed to be killing the freeps and not dancing for them.
    Hey! You posted in the wrong thread before rushing off to work.

Hey! You posted in the wrong thread before rushing off to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    img
    Chipmunks remind me of Arfiel. RIP APEX

Chipmunks remind me of Arfiel. RIP APEX
    It's a squirrel you uncultured swine.
    [CENTER]
    [IMG]http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk321/jdcasy/ApexFlight_zps07fef3b4.png[/IMG][COLOR=#a9a9a9]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#999999][B]~ Cirq - r13 LM - Apex - Elendilmir [/B]// [B]Cirone of Windfola ~[/B][B][I]
    "Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times."[/I] [/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by JDCass View Post
    Hah!
    Cirq 1, Dren 0

Dren, you gonna take that from an LM? HUH? ARE YA?
    ~*~Ryssawyn~*~ (RK)
    Acheros (LM) Glitzen (Guard)
    Snozzberries Defiler of great taste.

Quote Originally Posted by JDCass View Post
    Squirrels remind me of Chipmunks.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Was nice to get a little taste of decent action finally last night. When creeps were outnumbered we died badly (yes I was on TS crying "but i'm op! how are they killing me?"). After blaming the warleaders for everything and regrouping, the even numbered fights were fun, decent kills on both sides. We had to disband once we started catching each freep group alone -- even tho you guys were fighting to the death & some impressive survival, it's clear creeps are balanced enough to the point where we will easily win with those 8v5 numbers. But the 10v10 fights were fun, nice to shake off some rust, look forward to the coming battles.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

If you're a raid babe that relies on the minimal crux of strength in numbers, then it's pretty good for no more than 4 hours/day at best.

If you're not a fan of only using an average of 5 skills on whatever class you play, then PvP has probably been dead for a long time on 90% of servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    it's clear creeps are balanced enough to the point where we will easily win with those 8v5 numbers.
    Interesting concept of 'balance'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast