We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    You've made this complaint before and it's not remotely close to my experience. Once charge/resilience are up (and sometimes while resilience is still up), I'm getting pretty consistently stunned, definitely more than I should be and enough for the LM to kite and use WL to heal back up. Not saying LMs are OP, but that CC is still a huge part of the game, while I've seen you try to claim otherwise.

I haven't taken the time to study LM skills, but I know with RKs there are stuns and dazes and they go on seperate tables. Burgs seem to be able to bypass a lot of the DR issues too.
    Your reslience sounds broken and study the game and see how far the CC has been changed, what we have today is like having nothing compared to years ago.

Not saying it doesnt work but its used at least for me as a way to interupt someone and yes i use it to get skills off too because let face it Lms are mainly a induction classes period.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    Your reslience sounds broken and study the game and see how far the CC has been changed, what we have today is like having nothing compared to years ago.

Not saying it doesnt work but its used at least for me as a way to interupt someone and yes i use it to get skills off too because let face it Lms are mainly a induction classes period.
    Resilience is broken yes, though hopefully fixed with u13. And yes been playing long enough I know about permacc. The CC now though is on the upsurge from what it was after DR was put in and it's a very frustrating experience being stopped every couple steps by a quick stun. I know LMs are an induction class and it's useful on your part, doesn't mean it's not frustrating, especially against all the blue line LMs (which I'd say a 90% of what I face) where if you can't spike them when charge/resilience is still up, between healing/pet brigade/stuns there's not much way to keep on them enough to get them down.

Resilience is broken yes, though hopefully fixed with u13. And yes been playing long enough I know about permacc. The CC now though is on the upsurge from what it was after DR was put in and it's a very frustrating experience being stopped every couple steps by a quick stun. I know LMs are an induction class and it's useful on your part, doesn't mean it's not frustrating, especially against all the blue line LMs (which I'd say a 90% of what I face) where if you can't spike them when charge/resilience is still up, between healing/pet brigade/stuns there's not much way to keep on them enough to get them down.
    Yellow line could be just as bad for a reaver in the CC department and maybe worse since its much easier to remove the wounds in a faster time

Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    ummm idk where you're pulling this 175k morale pool from... even with burrow (assuming you got us to 1k) that's only 120ish with maxed morale, ASSUMING we popped it at full health, if you can do that kind of dps in 5 seconds then it's not us that are broken... it's simple really, don't put bleeds you can't handle yourself on the spider till after it pops carapace. in the same way smart rk's and mini's don't blast a spider as hard as they can till carapace is down, just don't try to do overwhelming dps till it's down on a spider. I know wardens love to throw 5 bleeds on a spider and then laugh their a$$es off because reflect does nothing and they have godmode... laughing off any dps the spider does and totally bypassing reflect. but that needs fixing, i'll say the same thing to you I said to rk's when reflect first came out... just be careful...

have you ever been a spider on the receiving end of an ambushing warden? after the knockdown you're below half health with dots ticking before you even get to 5 venom... usually having to blow your heal burrow and watch helplessly as the warden 2-shots your pet (if it's still alive) and stealths up for another ambush, the best you can do when you pop out is try to prepot, cc and run... but oh yeah... wardens get a sprint to chase you down and slow you for the next 50 seconds... seriously, try playing a spider with reflect vs a warden... this is needed, just don't try to faceroll and you'll be fine...
    You're posts are always amusing in one way or another. This warden sprint you refer to all the time, you wouldn't happen to know what it is, what is required to use it, what its duration is, or pretty much any other details on it, would you?

Same question for warden stealth/ambushing.

I'm also interested in whether you've ever fought a warden who didn't use DoTs. You always CC and run on sight of me or kite around while waiting on a callout to arrive, no matter badly I nerf myself, maybe there is another warden you've actually tried to fight like this?

As far as the damage totals, I'm 100% confident in the figures I listed from numerous encounters with weavers who know what they're doing with CC/movement/general knowledge of their opponent. If you're interested in actually engaging the next time I happen upon you, maybe we can put it to the test.

As far as this change being needed, no. not in the slightest. This change still has absolutely 0 effect on the outcome of a fight between a warden and weaver where both sides are trying to win. If anything it means the warden is going to faceroll you even harder than ever before.

The idea of pre-applied DoTs being reflected by TC is idiotic. If you dont understand why then you probably have a lot in common with the the idea of pre-applied DoTs being reflected by TC.

Make it so TC wipes all DoTs, that might make some sense.

Im rank 12 spider and i dont wish to see TC reflecting dot damage. I would rather see you nerfing the dots.

If you are already doing that, make all the dps same or similar for both sides, make morale pools same or similar and than let me watch my morale bar going down from dot just like their is.

If not, its god mode skill and i dont want it.

I believe turbine got complaints from all the people who spent over $300 US on weavers about them not being OP.

You've made this complaint before and it's not remotely close to my experience. Once charge/resilience are up (and sometimes while resilience is still up), I'm getting pretty consistently stunned, definitely more than I should be and enough for the LM to kite and use WL to heal back up. Not saying LMs are OP, but that CC is still a huge part of the game, while I've seen you try to claim otherwise.

I haven't taken the time to study LM skills, but I know with RKs there are stuns and dazes and they go on seperate tables. Burgs seem to be able to bypass a lot of the DR issues too.
    It's pretty simple really: DR was implemented way back when the combat pace was much slower and DR had a chance to be relevant in a fight. Now they've changed everything into a burst DPS race where fights just don't last long enough for DR to have any effect at all except maybe in the case of a tank with several dedicated healers. On warg I know I have less than 20 seconds out of stealth (pre-pot+stun pot) to do anything and if my target isn't dead, I'm gone (in one way or another). DR has zero relevance in this very common situation. And of course this idealized scenario doesn't take into account I likely have way less time before I get blown up or loaded up with 50k worth of dots.

Right now my reaver rotation looks something like:

whitebar-whitebar-skill-whitebar-whitebar-skill-skill-whitebar-whitebar-whitebar

Seems questionable that I will continue to login to play a game of skills where I can't actually use my skills,, but what's really sad is somebody who actually gets paid to design a game thought this was a good idea to begin with. 'Working as intended' yea kinda boxed yourself into a corner on that one huh...

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    You're posts are always amusing in one way or another. This warden sprint you refer to all the time, you wouldn't happen to know what it is, what is required to use it, what its duration is, or pretty much any other details on it, would you?

Same question for warden stealth/ambushing.

I'm also interested in whether you've ever fought a warden who didn't use DoTs. You always CC and run on sight of me or kite around while waiting on a callout to arrive, no matter badly I nerf myself, maybe there is another warden you've actually tried to fight like this?

As far as the damage totals, I'm 100% confident in the figures I listed from numerous encounters with weavers who know what they're doing with CC/movement/general knowledge of their opponent. If you're interested in actually engaging the next time I happen upon you, maybe we can put it to the test.

As far as this change being needed, no. not in the slightest. This change still has absolutely 0 effect on the outcome of a fight between a warden and weaver where both sides are trying to win. If anything it means the warden is going to faceroll you even harder than ever before.

FREEPS: "yay he's burrowed, lets stand around in a group and zerg him like heroes when he pops out! TAKE YOUR ZERG LIKE A MAN!" *spider calls out, creeps appear* "DON'T ZERG ME BRAH!"
    Seriously... what do you expect? maybe it would be smart not to camp spider burrows, you're a high enough rank that I shouldn't have to tell you that anymore... but for the record... i've never called you out once when you've been solo, I don't call out solo's even though there is no reason not to, people sure don't hold back from trying to zerg me, what gives you special privileges? I tried to fight you a few times, but you threw every bleed on me as fast as you could, so I have no problem with cc'ing you and leaving, or leading your renown hungry self straight into a pack of wargs... maybe next time you won't start a fight with 5 bleeds, and I won't have to drag you into a zerg, why you'd follow a spider is beyond me. again, you should know better by now. do you think we don't spend the time in the ground keeping track of creep movements, a smart spider has contingency plans. and sometimes they're grouped and watching an area for their group from burrow. if a spider engages you, he usually does it with the unspoken understanding that if you try to godmode it he'll just call you out and burrow, or jump off a nearby cliff, walk through a door, or run you to the nearest craid/croup or map in. or even npc's that cc you while he makes his getaway. (such as the krajahn leaders)

I can kill most wardens on my r9 spider on live.... even if they ambush me if I pop a morale pot/pet heal before they kill it, I'm still usually on fair footing.

EDIT: Did you seriously just say you don't like, or want, or whatever, to fight a warden who puts up bleeds as fast as he can? Oh god, you're pitiless. Next time you should try fighting without putting up any of YOUR bleeds, see how you can kill something then.

You also said you don't "call solo'ers out" yet in the same sentence or paragraph or whatever that horrid clump of meaningless void above me is, you state "I have no problem dragging you to a pack of wargs." So in essence, the same thing as calling someone out. Getting aid from whoever and wherever you can find it just so you can kill someone.
    Last edited by Bond007; Mar 22 2014 at 02:03 PM.

but you threw every bleed on me as fast as you could

maybe next time you won't start a fight with 5 bleeds,
    You, sir, make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    I can kill most wardens on my r9 spider on live.... even if they ambush me if I pop a morale pot/pet heal before they kill it, I'm still usually on fair footing.

Are they attacking you without armour and spear? Fist fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    Are they attacking you without armour and spear? Fist fighting?
    It's incredibly easy to keep a warden CC'd, they have no sprint like champ/guard, catch prey cannot be wiped by them (this is HUGE). Between long stun, mez, fear, and WTE, it is rather easy to keep a warden at bay. And we can screw up their rotation plenty.

Their bleeds tick for FAR less on a spider than any other class, due to our high mitigations, and ensnared hurts them terribly -- +attack duration is a warden's bane. If they can't get close enough to you to land a desolation or any of their light DoTs, that's already one major advantage. Even if they DO close the gap and your fear is down, you can always TC to discourage them for a few seconds until you can get some room again.

Everytime I've 1v1'ed a warden on spider I've either won by a large margin or lost by a close one. Without using morale pot/burrow/TC. So I can't help but guess that with the use of those, you could take on a warden who is more likely to pop more stuff than he would in a 1v1 (never surrender is what I'm thinking about here).

FREEPS: "yay he's burrowed, lets stand around in a group and zerg him like heroes when he pops out! TAKE YOUR ZERG LIKE A MAN!" *spider calls out, creeps appear* "DON'T ZERG ME BRAH!"
    Seriously... what do you expect? maybe it would be smart not to camp spider burrows, you're a high enough rank that I shouldn't have to tell you that anymore... but for the record... i've never called you out once when you've been solo, I don't call out solo's even though there is no reason not to, people sure don't hold back from trying to zerg me, what gives you special privileges? I tried to fight you a few times, but you threw every bleed on me as fast as you could, so I have no problem with cc'ing you and leaving, or leading your renown hungry self straight into a pack of wargs... maybe next time you won't start a fight with 5 bleeds, and I won't have to drag you into a zerg, why you'd follow a spider is beyond me. again, you should know better by now. do you think we don't spend the time in the ground keeping track of creep movements, a smart spider has contingency plans. and sometimes they're grouped and watching an area for their group from burrow. if a spider engages you, he usually does it with the unspoken understanding that if you try to godmode it he'll just call you out and burrow, or jump off a nearby cliff, walk through a door, or run you to the nearest craid/croup or map in. or even npc's that cc you while he makes his getaway. (such as the krajahn leaders)
    As always, thanks for the post. I truly enjoy them.

I'll give you 10,000 comms worth of your choice of consumable if you can find a picture/vid of me at any time camping ANY solo weaver's burrow with even a single other freep. Standing offer going forward even. If I have an active tag on a creep, I will do my damndest to get the KB if the creep is going to die. If I haven't touched anything, or I think me leaving will make for a more even fight, I drop combat and watch or leave. I sure as hell don't stand around with other freeps to kill a solo weaver unless I know they'll be getting backup soon.

I haven't seen you when I'm on my freep since U12.3 when the bugged bleeds were fixed. Between U12.1 (fix to creep aud bug) and U12.3 (fix to bleeds) I didn't use bleeds on a solo creep, ever. You are right though, as a ranked soloer, I do have to know how a fight is likely to unfold, and part of that is learning how different creeps I may come across react to fighting me. I gave you several fights way back when with enough self nerfing that good weavers I've fought would have killed me, or come close to it. Each time after only briefly engaging, you attempted escape in one manner or another so now I've lumped you in the massive pile of Brandywiners that I need to either ignore if near a map spot since they have a callout on speeddial, or I need to blow up as fast as possible before either help arrives, or they use some escape mechanism.

As far as me 'falling' for chasing you into a craid or croup, or warg pack, or whatever else you can run away into: everyone in the moors has their own sense of victory. You seem to get a smug sense of victory from managing to run away and be saved by superior numbers and not dying. Interestingly enough, I too consider that scenario a minor victory, since you've burned cooldowns, fled and generally given up on anything other than your own survival, and your big payout is a raid's share of a tag on a single freep who probably has a rating under 500. I will follow you, or any other fleeing creep into the center of a craid or keep, or off a cliff if I think I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the kill and have no problem taking the death whether I get the kill or not.

The renown hungry comment was cute though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2