We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting Wallets

I know this has been mentioned time and time again but we need either one of two things, a crafting wallet which I am even willing to pay for in the store to house all my crafting materials or let us craft from vault if the items are in there. Cooks are the worst and no one makes food anymore cause of all the items you have to store just to make it. I understand the bulk supplies were fantastic but with each tier of crafting requiring items from previous tiers its impossible to get rid of anything. I actually have two full vaults of nothing but cook items. I have stopped making daily guild patterns cause you have to either fill your entire bag from your vault each day to do that or leave your bag full constantly. I have 12 guilded crafters and this idea would help immensely. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STEAL107 View Post
    I know this has been mentioned time and time again but we need either one of two things, a crafting wallet which I am even willing to pay for in the store to house all my crafting materials or let us craft from vault if the items are in there. Cooks are the worst and no one makes food anymore cause of all the items you have to store just to make it. I understand the bulk supplies were fantastic but with each tier of crafting requiring items from previous tiers its impossible to get rid of anything. I actually have two full vaults of nothing but cook items. I have stopped making daily guild patterns cause you have to either fill your entire bag from your vault each day to do that or leave your bag full constantly. I have 12 guilded crafters and this idea would help immensely. Thanks
    this needs to be done

/signed

/signed

having to run back and forth to get mats from vault to craft is just silly and outdated.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000003b1b0/01000/signature.png]Quttidebachi[/charsig]

I'm all for more storage, especially crafting. Every little bit helps, a crafting wallet would be extremely useful.

Turbine has listened to some of our storage concerns. You should check out update 13 on the testing server if you want to find out more.

If it ever is implemented (and it should have been by now) you can guarantee that it will cost us 100G or 100TP per 10 slots

More stroage is a must but the cost is getting outrageous.

One simple question is; why (even assuming an 8 bit database system) can we only stack items to 100 max? Surely this would be the easiest change to implement?
    Even if we assume a check-bit in the database then items could easily stack to 128 which would be an bonus.

Totally agreed. A few points of interest:

Most other crafts have been revamped: ores are more uniform and we received processing recipes to help grind craft XP without wasting resources. In U13, Scholars are scheduled to receive a similar revamp. The earlier tiers will mirror the later tiers in that there is only one type of resource that gets improved (such as low-, medium- and high-grade ingots). As of yet, Cooks are the only ones to not receive such a significant revamp, and they need it more than any of them (particularly now that all the others have been or are about to be revamped).

Even if Cooks do receive a revamp, however, a crafting wallet (or similar tool) would be in great demand but only if it was a manual process. I don't want materials I harvest to go automatically into some wallet. I want them in my inventory. And then I want to be able to not only put them in this wallet manually, but also have the ability to organize it any way I want to and to remove materials at will. I imagine 50 slots would be sufficient.

I also agree with Grapold. Being able to stack anything above 100 would be sweet. Not even just crafting materials. IXP runes stack to 25, many of those buff scrolls to 20 or 50. I have some tracker tokens (from some quest in Mirkwood, IIRC) that only stack to 5 (and I have about 5 stacks of them). There are many things that stack anywhere from 5-100 and it's annoying.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

While I agree that a Crafting Wallet would be the most useful item that should be implement, it would in all likelihood turn out like the premium wallet upgrade.

Which means no more selling of materials on AH, which puts a huge crimp in people's income.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000007617a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_kun View Post
    While I agree that a Crafting Wallet would be the most useful item that should be implement, it would in all likelihood turn out like the premium wallet upgrade.

Which means no more selling of materials on AH, which puts a huge crimp in people's income.
    I think the easiest way to implement this idea would be a vault style shared storage that you can add/remove crafting items while at the vault keeper, but you could also access them account wide while crafting.

I'm not sure how many people have played DDO, but their Bag system sounds exactly like what we're looking for.

Items can be put in, taken out, the whole bag can be put in a shared vault.

I posted this in the Official Feedback for Inventory already, but I'll psot it here as well.

This is not very clear resolution, but here is a rough idea for what could be a remote, shared, items-extractable materials wallet.

It would be found in a sub-tab of the Wallet, but it could be key-bound to a custom key, and you can have both normal Wallet and Material Wallet open both at once. All pending loot crafting items will directly go into the wallet. All current crafting items need to be dragged into the wallet to take space in it instead of the bags. Once you fill a stack in your inventory, which is still at 100 I guess, it will go into your wallet unless you choose an option to [directly filter all craft materials to bags], [directly filter craft materials to wallet], or [fill stacks in inventory, and then filter craft materials to wallet]. The wallet will also stack items infinitely. Instead of having 10 stacks of 100 hides, it will display as 1000 hides. If you try to drag it out, it will take 100, or the max amount if not that much is stored. Using shift+drag to split stacks will work as it does now.

Things I think that should be allowed to be stored in it is every crafting component, resource, ingredient, scroll cases, crafting crit scrolls/items (maybe), craft xp boosts (maybe), and guild emblems/patterns/etc. (maybe recipes).

I propose that crafting materials for tier 1 and 2 be allowed to be stored in the material wallet for free (for a little taste of it). After that, (this is extremely open to development ideas) you must pay for a TP upgrade to unlock storage for all tiers, (maybe or maybe not free for VIPs) (account-wide). Or, an idea I like, but would hate if I wasn't prepared, is to be able to trade each tier's highest crafted crafting guild emblems/patterns/scrolls/etc., of every single craft, together for a usable upgrade that will grant access to an additional tier of materials for the whole account (server-wide). For example, to upgrade the Material Wallet to accept Tier 3 crafting materials, you need to trade to a vendor: Medium Expert Repast, Medium Expert Pattern, Medium Expert Emblem, Medium Expert Symbol, Medium Expert Crest, Medium Expert Carving, and a Medium Expert Scroll. You will then be granted a single-use item that will grant the account a passive trait allowing Tier 3 (or whatever tier applies) access for crafting materials to enter the wallet. Tier 5 and up would use Large, instead of Medium for tiers 3 and 4.

p.s. I would be fine with it just being a vault tab, but having this anywhere access is nice and now with remote mailboxes, it should be the norm.
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Totally agreed. A few points of interest:

Most other crafts have been revamped: ores are more uniform and we received processing recipes to help grind craft XP without wasting resources. In U13, Scholars are scheduled to receive a similar revamp. The earlier tiers will mirror the later tiers in that there is only one type of resource that gets improved (such as low-, medium- and high-grade ingots). As of yet, Cooks are the only ones to not receive such a significant revamp, and they need it more than any of them (particularly now that all the others have been or are about to be revamped).

Even if Cooks do receive a revamp, however, a crafting wallet (or similar tool) would be in great demand but only if it was a manual process. I don't want materials I harvest to go automatically into some wallet. I want them in my inventory. And then I want to be able to not only put them in this wallet manually, but also have the ability to organize it any way I want to and to remove materials at will. I imagine 50 slots would be sufficient.

I also agree with Grapold. Being able to stack anything above 100 would be sweet. Not even just crafting materials. IXP runes stack to 25, many of those buff scrolls to 20 or 50. I have some tracker tokens (from some quest in Mirkwood, IIRC) that only stack to 5 (and I have about 5 stacks of them). There are many things that stack anywhere from 5-100 and it's annoying.
    Amen. The only way a crafting wallet would work would be if the crafting items were visible and available to all alts that need those items. For example, all metals should be available to all metalsmiths, weaponsmiths, and jewelers.

Not only that, I know how much scrolling is required in the premium wallet to find what I'm looking for in terms of barter items and currency. If all my craft items went into a wallet for my level-79 mini tinker I'd be scrolling forever just to check supplies. I really prefer looking in the sub-chests I've created in my vault. I can see everything at a glance and the text is larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_kun View Post

In that case problem solved......allow crafting from vaults if the item is in there you can make it , simple or allow us to remove items from wallets. That would also be good for the wallet now since all of us have stupid items we will never ever use but cant get rid of.

Thumbs up

Aren't I with you all the way, bro! I've had even about 20 slots of space for scholar sometimes!

./signed

Even my 6 bags with nothing else but cook items in them do not suffice to hold the ingredients to make the tier3-9 food.
    Best would be an account-wide crafting wallet, purchasable for TP, that holds all crafting mats and ingredients.
    Crafting with mats in vault would help too, but an account wide crafting wallet, accessible by all characters of one account, would be better

I like the ideas of this thread, so I thought I'd offer my suggestions:

1) Let crafting items stack to 1000 or +

2) Have a crafting inventory system like GW2, where it can be placed in a specific crafting storage area that has preformatted slots for each type of crafting mat. Also allow remote deposit with a button click instead of requiring physical bank access. And yes, you could sell this to me in the shop for a large fee and I would buy it.

3) Allow crafting without requiring materials in your inventory.

Then it would be just about perfect.
    BAD WOLF