We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Middle-earth in 100 pictures

UPDATED April 8th 2016

Don't worry, I'm not going to flood this thread with 100 screenshots, instead you can see them here:

http://imgur.com/a/HORc0

I created this screenshot album a couple of years ago and was thrilled to see that both this thread and the album still exist. I've been playing LOTRO for almost 5 years and have always loved taking screenshots. At first I just meant to upload some of my favorite screenshots but it kept growing and at some point I got this idea to raise it to 100 screenshots that show the beauty and diversity of Middle-earth in LOTRO in a "postcardish" way. All screenshots are original and unedited just as you see them in-game, only 2 of them are taken in specific instances where they look slightly different than in the open world.

My personal favorites would be all of the Nen Hithoel ones which is one of my favorite places in the whole game. After starting the game in 2011 I remember asking my kinmates if "the big statues from the first movie" can be found in the game (I hadn't read the books back then and didn't know much of the lore) and I was so disappointed to hear that they could not (Rohan was introduced in late 2012). The Argonath was probably my first ever memory of LOTR -- I remember seeing posters of the first movie when I was 8 and it was just so beautiful (this one, I think). So, my apologies for including so many screenshots of just that one place.

There are still a couple of screenshots I'm not 100% happy with and I know you can see quest rings and stable-master icons at least some of them, but as far as I know there's no way to remove them. I also haven't added anything after Western Gondor as I think the Dawnless Day doesn't make for beautiful screenshots.

You can also click "All" (below the current screenshot) and then "Fullscreen" (top right of the page) to see them bigger.

Any feedback is welcome although I mainly just created this for fun but I now think it is a nice tour of Middle-earth in LOTRO for both new and old players

http://imgur.com/a/HORc0
    Last edited by Dubbis; Apr 08 2016 at 08:35 AM.

Awesome screenies. Shows that Lotros graphics are still really beautiful and I wouldn't be ashamed to show those landscape screenies to people who don't play lotro!

If one thing in this game has been good, it's the quality of the landscape. Sometimes I find myself stopping somewhere and just admiring how beautiful this game is.

Thank you!

I made small changes yesterday by replacing the first Water-works screenshot with a shot of the Vile Maw entrance. I happened to wander there while leveling my Burglar and had completely forgotten the beauty of that place.

I have 2 more days to explore the new areas of U13 until I leave for a holiday for 3 weeks -- I'll certainly add new screenshots before that if I can but it might have to wait til May.

Wow... this is absolutely breathtaking! Thanks for taking all the screenshots... I love how this shows the diversity of the landscapes, but yet how beautiful each and every region of Middle-earth is!

Great job!
    Makaia - 105 elf Guardian // Rangers of the West // Gladden

I have updated the album and added some new screenshots of Gondor!

Enjoy