We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[LEGENDARY ITEMS] Age Upgrade Crystals

Everytime a new elder king symbol comes out, players abandon their current second agers to upgrade. Everytime the level cap is risen, players abandon their current 1st agers for high-level a 3rd agers. Rinse and repeat.

So, I suggest to have an age upgrade crystal, which works like this:
    -Add new 'upgrading' at the forge-master NPCs.
    -The crystal should be as rare as Crystal of Rememberance
    -If you have a 3rd ager, you can upgrade it to 2nd ager with this crystal and a 2nd age symbol. Same thing to 2nd ager to 1st ager, which requires an elder king symbol too.
    -To have an age upgrade, a LI must reach lv70 in experience at is an item at the current level capp (for example, a lv95 3rd LI).
    -When upgrading, the LI exp will be reset back to lv60.
    -All relics, legacies and their tiers will be carried on
    -The appearance will also be changed to coressponding to the appearance of the repsective lower-ager.
    -The LI's name will be kept

Why should it work like I have mentioned?
    -Let players have two choices:
    +Begin to work on their LI of choice when getting a symbol.
    +Start to work on their LI of choice right after reaching level cap. Players can upgrade their 3rd weapon to 2nd when they get a symbol of Selebrimdor, and from 2nd to 1st with a symbol of elder king.
    -Since players technically upgrade their LIs, it gives a feeling of 'growing up' LI.
    -As LI Exp get reset to lv60 upon upgrading, players will need more Delving Scrolls. Thus encourage more Delving Scroll trading
    -Relic, legacies and tier are kept in order to help people save marks that they have invested before upgrading. Because people can keep their relics, they may invest more in more costly gems, settings and runes
    -Provide players one-two more chance to rename their LIs when reforging at lv70 after upgrading.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

I think this could be accomplished using star-lit crystals.

If you have a 3rd ager with 3 crystals used on it, and then use another crystal, it turns into a 2nd ager with 0 crystals. A 2nd ager with 3 crystals can similarly be upgraded into a 1st ager with 0 crystals.

Perhaps the option of level upgrades could be added as well. Take a level 85 2nd ager with 3 crystals and add another one. You get the option to upgrade to a level 85 1st age OR a level 95 2nd age.

Perhaps adding crystals would also let the user choose the cosmetic appearance of the item too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I think this could be accomplished using star-lit crystals.

If you have a 3rd ager with 3 crystals used on it, and then use another crystal, it turns into a 2nd ager with 0 crystals. A 2nd ager with 3 crystals can similarly be upgraded into a 1st ager with 0 crystals.

Perhaps the option of level upgrades could be added as well. Take a level 85 2nd ager with 3 crystals and add another one. You get the option to upgrade to a level 85 1st age OR a level 95 2nd age.

Perhaps adding crystals would also let the user choose the cosmetic appearance of the item too.
    Uh huh, it sounds much simple than adding more items.

However, in order to upgrade to next ager, I think you still must have a repsective symbol and 1-2 shard items. For example, to upgrade 3rd to 2nd, you need a three star 3rd LI with a symbol of celebrimdor and a shard. Same thing happens for 2nd to 1st, but with a symbol of elder king and 2 shards

For level upgrade, I think we should only allow to convert 2nd and 1st (starred or not is okay) of previous level cap to 3rd of current level cap. From 3rd ager, people can still work up to 2nd and 1st later. While the relics and legacies are kept, the legacy tier will be reset to tier 2 (tier 4 for stat legacies), so do the max level of LI from lv70 back to lv60.

To some people, it sounds better than descontructing the low-level ones, grinding legacy and relics for the new one,, though they still needs to get a bulk-load of empower scrolls. Of course, other people still have a choice to make a whole new one, which may save them some marks from empower scroll.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]