We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please make it easier for new freeps.

First off in no way am i asking to easymode and have insane DPS combined with epic morale and ultimate god mode.

As a new freep to the moors until you have full audacity you get hit for 18k impales wargs can down you 16k before stun wares of Black arrows vital target hits for 13k all creeps have 40k morale minimum, stuns last forever, and you have to do this for at least 6 ranks which can be very hard for a high population server as for the most part you will be a drag to a raid so you will not be picked up and have to solo.

Also with level 20s being scaled to 95 all i see from this is ultimately squishy freeps, so that the problem will only get worse if your going to scale level 20s then please make all creep classes f2p along with the ettenmoors f2p thing you are implementing to counter the 1000s of extra infamy creeps will be getting kill newbies in seconds for 100s of infamy compared to us killing rank 13s for 70. because there will be no new monster players, also this will counter the complaints you are going to get and im 100% your get that in a few months once those squishys all have full audacity and are ranked up freeps will outnumber creeps by a mile.

thanks for reading please reply with your thoughts and ideas, please no trolls this topic is not made for your expense.

That won't be nearly as big an issue with U13. The OC/FW damage types will be mitigated by physical mitigation rather than by audacity alone, so much of the problem will just fix itself. Just give it a little time.
    Cheiftain Ashtu-1, Defiler of Landroval
    Master Guardsman Jythro, Captain of Silverlode

Wait??? You have to be joking??? They are making the moors f2p on freep side?

This has to be a joke....

This is a bad joke...

Very... very ... bad joke...

Time to find me a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebob7 View Post
    That won't be nearly as big an issue with U13. The OC/FW damage types will be mitigated by physical mitigation rather than by audacity alone, so much of the problem will just fix itself. Just give it a little time.
    kool, thanks i didnt know that will sort out that problem i hope, still going to have loads more freeps than creeps if they dont open up all creep classes.

The problem is far worse for new creeps. Also there's nothing wrong with running solo and dying as you learn that the moors, unlike pve, actually require a challenge and the use of more then a couple skills. One thing I'd like is for there to be more guidance on both sides on getting to Moors and how different things like audacity work but no reason to make things easier for freeps.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    The problem is far worse for new creeps. Also there's nothing wrong with running solo and dying as you learn that the moors, unlike pve, actually require a challenge and the use of more then a couple skills. One thing I'd like is for there to be more guidance on both sides on getting to Moors and how different things like audacity work but no reason to make things easier for freeps.
    I agree. Gaining those first precious audacity points is like a rite of passage. It's about learning the Moors are a totally different playingfield where tactics are far more important and where solo is indeed the long and narrow path.

I do think the freep and creep classes need a shift in balance among themselves and between the factions, and it looks like U13 takes a few good and strong steps in that direction.

Balancing is never done. U13 makes some needed fundamental balance adjustments. More class-specific finetuning will be likely done in the future, after U13, and the effects of U13 will be taken into account.

Yep it's even worse with new creeps. I got hit with 22k EC once without counting the dot (with about 5-6 auda). 10k AoE hits etc.

The problem lies with audacity, it should be removed, and just add a global Ettenmoors buff with -30% incoming damage and -cc duration and power cost. This way it's slightly more balanced and the only difference will be morale/damage/healing output from ranks.
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by NoneYoBro View Post
    First off in no way am i asking to easymode and have insane DPS combined with epic morale and ultimate god mode.

As a new freep to the moors until you have full audacity you get hit for 18k impales wargs can down you 16k before stun wares of Black arrows vital target hits for 13k all creeps have 40k morale minimum, stuns last forever, and you have to do this for at least 6 ranks which can be very hard for a high population server as for the most part you will be a drag to a raid so you will not be picked up and have to solo.

Also with level 20s being scaled to 95 all i see from this is ultimately squishy freeps, so that the problem will only get worse if your going to scale level 20s then please make all creep classes f2p along with the ettenmoors f2p thing you are implementing to counter the 1000s of extra infamy creeps will be getting kill newbies in seconds for 100s of infamy compared to us killing rank 13s for 70. because there will be no new monster players, also this will counter the complaints you are going to get and im 100% your get that in a few months once those squishys all have full audacity and are ranked up freeps will outnumber creeps by a mile.

thanks for reading please reply with your thoughts and ideas, please no trolls this topic is not made for your expense.
    At least you can actually see what killed u. On my r4 spidey sometimes im getting owned by burgs before they come out of stealth.
    Cant post how hard they hit me because combat log is clear
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Quote Originally Posted by Bagluk View Post
    Yep it's even worse with new creeps. I got hit with 22k EC once without counting the dot (with about 5-6 auda). 10k AoE hits etc.

The problem lies with audacity, it should be removed, and just add a global Ettenmoors buff with -30% incoming damage and -cc duration and power cost. This way it's slightly more balanced and the only difference will be morale/damage/healing output from ranks.
    if you remove audacity from freepside then they are more op.. let them wear their pve gear with the aud buff and youl see truely op
    blakfang r11 weaver. Blaknakh r8 reaver. blakgash r9 BA. Blaknakha r6 WL. shadowlily r10 warg
    indarael r5 RK. iorthildal r6 champ

Quote Originally Posted by liljester View Post
    if you remove audacity from freepside then they are more op.. let them wear their pve gear with the aud buff and youl see truely op
    In damage output and stats, maybe so. But if we wear PvE gear, we lose the benefits that Audacity provide, which are absolutely crucial in the Ettenmoors. Either remove Audacity altogether or stick with the current system.
    Samuel
    Shock and Awe

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    In damage output and stats, maybe so. But if we wear PvE gear, we lose the benefits that Audacity provide, which are absolutely crucial in the Ettenmoors. Either remove Audacity altogether or stick with the current system.
    Stat caps in Moors, remove AUD, tweak some CC skills, re-think Creep morale.

the point is when level 20s scale to 95 in U13 there is going to be a huge surge in how many freeps are online compared to creeps so at the beginning creeps gain easy infamy from freeps that are super squishy because they are scaled and have 0 audacity, then after a few months when these super squishy scaled freeps gain ranks and some audacity creeps will be outnumbered by a mile. So id like to know what measures turbine have taken to prevent this

Eg open up all creep classes to f2p without having to purchase them, just wondered what other option there would be to even the playing field.

the point is when level 20s scale to 95 in U13 there is going to be a huge surge in how many freeps are online compared to creeps so at the beginning creeps gain easy infamy from freeps that are super squishy because they are scaled and have 0 audacity, then after a few months when these super squishy scaled freeps gain ranks and some audacity creeps will be outnumbered by a mile. So id like to know what measures turbine have taken to prevent this

Eg open up all creep classes to f2p without having to purchase them, just wondered what other option there would be to even the playing field.
    There is/was always a side, who outnumber the other side. (wtj ftw)
    the map is big enough imo the problem is (on my server) they don't want fights, they ONLY want points.
    So when a fight start, the ooc help goes out (on both sides). No one wants to give points to the other side, sometimes the raids logs out, because the other side gets more points (keep buffs etc.)

Flashback to the good old times, were you fight for about an hour and join the teamspeak channel of the opposite side to say "thank you for the good fight"

btw engl. is not my native language, so don't be harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedtodeath View Post
    Wait??? You have to be joking??? They are making the moors f2p on freep side?

This has to be a joke....

This is a bad joke...

Very... very ... bad joke...

Time to find me a new game.
    Non-VIPs will need to purchase a temporary pass to the moors with TP (I believe).

The lower level sets need to cost significantly fewer commendations to allow lower levels of audacity quicker, as they do with creepside. Currently it's the all-or-nothing ~5-6k comms per piece that make just starting out a significant and painful hill to climb.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    I agree. Gaining those first precious audacity points is like a rite of passage. It's about learning the Moors are a totally different playingfield where tactics are far more important and where solo is indeed the long and narrow path.

I do think the freep and creep classes need a shift in balance among themselves and between the factions, and it looks like U13 takes a few good and strong steps in that direction.

Balancing is never done. U13 makes some needed fundamental balance adjustments. More class-specific finetuning will be likely done in the future, after U13, and the effects of U13 will be taken into account.
    Lol. I got hit for 20K from a mini and I had 18aud at the time on rnk 9 BA.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002374a2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

+1 for removing, or drastically nerfing, audacity. It was always a bad idea.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

try creep. its the same. even with now r7 and audacity 19 i got hitted for 13k two times in a row from a r9 mini. not talking about 17k-18k hits from a little higher rks.
    r9 minis can outheal 4 creeps around r6 dpsing them, even when they are down to 2k they are back at full morale 1 sec later, solo i should clearify.

On my server there are allready more freeps then creeps, it mostly works like that "10 creeps eating 6 freeps, freeps calling for support, come back with 20. creeps just leave and / or some just feed the freeps. There is actually no way for creeps to wipe a raid with a lot ops. for example there was one freep raid, with 2rks, 3 minis, 3 wardens, a few cappys.
    the time you need to get one healer down, your half raid is allready dead...

as long as freeps can heal for more then 20k HPS, i doubt that really anything will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    +1 for removing, or drastically nerfing, audacity. It was always a bad idea.
    Introducing a system to slow the pace of combat and reduce CC durations was a good move, its implementation was just horrid. As described here, the cost to become viable in the moors is just way too high to effectively encourage new players to come out, and the way the damage reductions were not also matched with healing reductions leads to a system that vastly overvalues healing (not to mention how broken the healtagging system exacerbates the problem). Introducing armour sets with bonuses that more effectively and appropriately match the needs of the moors is also a good thing (not that that is actually how it always turns out, looking at you lm frost lore set).
    Quote Originally Posted by ISS_21 View Post
    try creep. its the same. even with now r7 and audacity 19 i got hitted for 13k two times in a row from a r9 mini. not talking about 17k-18k hits from a little higher rks.
    r9 minis can outheal 4 creeps around r6 dpsing them, even when they are down to 2k they are back at full morale 1 sec later, solo i should clearify.

On my server there are allready more freeps then creeps, it mostly works like that "10 creeps eating 6 freeps, freeps calling for support, come back with 20. creeps just leave and / or some just feed the freeps. There is actually no way for creeps to wipe a raid with a lot ops. for example there was one freep raid, with 2rks, 3 minis, 3 wardens, a few cappys.
    the time you need to get one healer down, your half raid is allready dead...

as long as freeps can heal for more then 20k HPS, i doubt that really anything will change.
    I get hit for 10k+ multiple times while fighting Minis all the time. I also beat those same minis all the time.

What you're describing is primarily a server specific one, and while frustrating, has little to do with the actual problem at hand, which is that the moors is an abrasive, unrewarding, unwelcoming place for new players, whether freep or creep. This is a bad choice and a bad system for a portion of the game that is clearly getting at least some type of push to be a relevant part of the overall game.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Audacity is bad...

It limits new players on every level, on both sides, and promotes elitism. "You only have 1 piece of Aud gear, go away noob" You know, stuff like that.

There are plenty of good suggestions on these forums on what to do in place of it for CC, resists, etc, so Im not going to rehash them for the 1389th time...