We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Question

Question

Sometimes developers will post in the forums addressing why they haven't fixed a certain bug, glitch, or exploit and promising to get right on it. I dunno if Turbine is one of these so I'll ask. Does anyone know what Turbine's stand on the ettenmoors is? Has Sapience or a developer said anything about why they don't devote more attention to the ettenmoors?

The only valid excuse I can come up with is that they have a crippling fear of money since a properly balanced and well maintained ettenmoors could be a trump card that they can use for a +5 will saving throw bonus against end-game stagnation. Could be...currently isn't. It gives me a +5 reflex saving throw to stop money from leaving my wallet instead. Sorry I've been playing D&D too much recently.
    Last edited by Sapience; Mar 21 2014 at 11:57 AM.

I suggest you submit your questions to Sap during the livestream today....
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...47#post7123547
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

I'm going to :3 I just wanted to know if they've made previous discussions about their stance on the ettenmoors before I ask something that everyone already knows.

Actually, moors balance is actually good in U13.
    I think that they can say they are almost done now.

My LM was in a group with a captain and a guard and we wiped against a group of 3 creeps of similar rank.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post

My LM was in a group with a captain and a guard and we wiped against a group of 3 creeps of similar rank.
    Fraps or no sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mad_ox1 View Post
    Fraps or no sale.
    I could see it happening if the captain was redline and the creeps had a WL or defiler. Creeps will not be exploding so fast anymore, so freep groups without a genuine healer vs creep groups with one will be at a significant disadvantage compared to live.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenfate View Post
    developers
    we dont have developers. we have a part time dev for the whole of pvp which is ludicrous and why it takes months and years to get things fixed or never fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupture1 View Post
    we dont have developers. we have a part time dev for the whole of pvp which is ludicrous and why it takes months and years to get things fixed or never fixed.
    Turbine itself has been terrified of PvP ever since I beat them in an argument over D&D Online PvP in 06. Well that's what I tell people, in reality they just have no talent for it and refuse to mitigate the problem by hiring some developers who actually have talent for it. Don't see what the big issue is, Turbine developers are provably good at PvE so just outsource PvP like you did the AI system... just find someone better than the people you got to do your AI system.

Of course the moors can be a lot better, but throwing out insults is missing the fact that no matter how flawed, Lotro pvp has been a fun game for going on 7 years now. I fully understand the view that it's a shame that with some more resources and attention, it's potential is so much higher, but let's also give credit for what it is, not just rage.