We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 101 to 116 of 116
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Everett View Post
    ... With each and every update you make freeps more and more and MORE powerful, and overpowered, without a regard at all at what you are doing to the PvMP aspect of the game. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by colhelm View Post
    ...Creeps need a complete over-haul to make it as frelorn said of being a group based pvmp, cant put in any opinions how to do it as I mainly play freep but surely the creeps should get an extra 5% outgoing damage boost or summit....
    I really wish peeps would get off this "Creep/Freep" comparison and start focusing on CLASSES.

    ie: Weavs need nothing....Hunters need much love.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies. And whenever they catch you, they will try to kill you. But first...they must catch you. Creepsbane. Warlord. Prince with the quick sword. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and you will never be destroyed...

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Snowbourn
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteMarks View Post
    To be honest, you've run out of excuses and just restarting them all over again.

    Just simply admit once and for all, that you have zero, nada, no plans to update PvMP to a good enjoyable level where the fights are close, that the bugs that are still in the game since the actual launch will be sorted or the fact you actually have a team truly wanting to work on PvMP.

    The whole PvMP council is a scam and I feel sorry for all those on it, myself included. I have finally given up on any small belief that I may have had, that this side of the game, especially towards the creep side, would improve and get a proper and very over-due look at. Both sides of this game needs to be on-par yet you simply don't see it or react and sort it.

    All promises of huge greatness only to give out limp results, followed by comical excuses.
    yep - 100% true - sadly for Turbine.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Snowbourn
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Everett View Post

    And for you guys at TURBINE for ONCE PLEASE LISTEN, to your players, we are crying out for a revamp, and the longer you continue to avoid it, the longer you continue to ignore us, the longer you will continue to lose players, as you have done so already.
    we can only wish....

    Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Everett View Post
    @Frelorn, your response to Bitemarks post is pitiful, removing him from the PvMP council for speaking his opinion? Isn't that the whole reason they are on the council in the first place? Or is it just to be your "Yes men" and agree with whatever you say - and tell the rest of the player base that it's good too?

    WAKE UP.
    Nope the PvMP PC was a publicity stunt and poor little Frelorn does not like people talking against the #### Turbine has been doing. Does "Animal Farm" ring a bell? Here is the true face of our so called Community Manager. sick.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by UwS-Harledir View Post
    we can only wish....



    Nope the PvMP PC was a publicity stunt and poor little Frelorn does not like people talking against the #### Turbine has been doing. Does "Animal Farm" ring a bell? Here is the true face of our so called Community Manager. sick.
    Knock off the trash talk... if you don't like it. QUIT! You and all your whiny buddies. It's NEVER about Turbine not listening...it's about them not doing what YOU think is best. I, and a ton of other players think they're doing great and hope they keep it up. Yeah, lucky me, but so what? You just happen to play the game in a way where your needs aren't being met so what do you and a bunch of others do? You come on here and personally attack the developers. Well get a grip and move along. I'm sick of it.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Snowbourn
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel1 View Post
    Knock off the trash talk... if you don't like it. QUIT! You and all your whiny buddies. It's NEVER about Turbine not listening...it's about them not doing what YOU think is best. I, and a ton of other players think they're doing great and hope they keep it up. Yeah, lucky me, but so what? You just happen to play the game in a way where your needs aren't being met so what do you and a bunch of others do? You come on here and personally attack the developers. Well get a grip and move along. I'm sick of it.
    the blind leading the blind.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel1 View Post
    Knock off the trash talk... if you don't like it. QUIT! You and all your whiny buddies. It's NEVER about Turbine not listening...it's about them not doing what YOU think is best. I, and a ton of other players think they're doing great and hope they keep it up. Yeah, lucky me, but so what? You just happen to play the game in a way where your needs aren't being met so what do you and a bunch of others do? You come on here and personally attack the developers. Well get a grip and move along. I'm sick of it.
    So everyone else can piss off because Turbine is doing what you want them to, but if other people complain because Turbine isn't listening to their feedback and trying to make their gameplay better it's not alright? It is about Turbine listening. It's also about what's Turbine said and them not keeping up to their promises. How long did it take for a new PvMP map that was promised ages ago? Where's this fabled PvMP update that will "balance" the 'Moors? I, and a ton of other players, think they're doing awful and hope they change their ways. Yeah, sucks to be me. Too bad I don't enjoy grinding cosmetic pets, doing unreasonably long quest chains, or RPing.

    Congratulations! You're a tard. Why should people be forced to quit because they're trying to give Turbine valuable feedback that, in the long run, will make this game and their company more successful? Their continuous habit of ignoring and alienating the PvMP and raiding/instance communities has brought this scorn upon them by themselves. They've tried to be nice, and they've been ignored.

    Here's a thought. If you're sick of reading it, why don't you quit instead?

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel1 View Post
    Knock off the trash talk... if you don't like it. QUIT! You and all your whiny buddies. It's NEVER about Turbine not listening...it's about them not doing what YOU think is best. I, and a ton of other players think they're doing great and hope they keep it up. Yeah, lucky me, but so what? You just happen to play the game in a way where your needs aren't being met so what do you and a bunch of others do? You come on here and personally attack the developers. Well get a grip and move along. I'm sick of it.
    This kind of thought process is exactly why the game has progressively sucked more and more post Lothlorien.

    "If you're upset with how the game is, don't criticize or complain, just quit it completely!" That's not how things work, idiot. This game is garbage and the large part of the community is finally realizing it after 5 years of being blind sheep like you.

    Also, "I, and a ton of other players think they're doing great and hope they keep it up" What part of the game are you, and your "ton of other players" playing exactly? It can't be end-game or PVMP, because well, no end-game raids since RoI and no good PVMP since Moria. Are you festival-goers? Deed grinders? Do you like when they add multiple copy/pastes of the same quests/deeds so you can waste your pathetic life hours doing the same thing over and over instead of even a semi-new experience in the game? Let us know.

    They personally attack the devs because they've been voicing their opinion since Mirkwood, and the Devs have not listened to ANYTHING anyone has said. Infact, they've often done the complete opposite - and the whole "Player Council" thing was just fluff, as many ex-council members have come out and said they had no effect on anything. Just puppets of the Warner-Bros Devs.

    Although this is all highly irrelevant, as they won't renew the license again since due to incompetent developing and community managing, they've lost the majority of their subscribers and killed any attempt of old-school players returning with the last expansion or two.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Snowbourn
    Posts
    1,126

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Lodesh View Post
    This kind of thought process is exactly why the game has progressively sucked more and more post Lothlorien.

    "If you're upset with how the game is, don't criticize or complain, just quit it completely!" That's not how things work, idiot. This game is garbage and the large part of the community is finally realizing it after 5 years of being blind sheep like you.

    Also, "I, and a ton of other players think they're doing great and hope they keep it up" What part of the game are you, and your "ton of other players" playing exactly? It can't be end-game or PVMP, because well, no end-game raids since RoI and no good PVMP since Moria. Are you festival-goers? Deed grinders? Do you like when they add multiple copy/pastes of the same quests/deeds so you can waste your pathetic life hours doing the same thing over and over instead of even a semi-new experience in the game? Let us know.

    They personally attack the devs because they've been voicing their opinion since Mirkwood, and the Devs have not listened to ANYTHING anyone has said. Infact, they've often done the complete opposite - and the whole "Player Council" thing was just fluff, as many ex-council members have come out and said they had no effect on anything. Just puppets of the Warner-Bros Devs.

    Although this is all highly irrelevant, as they won't renew the license again since due to incompetent developing and community managing, they've lost the majority of their subscribers and killed any attempt of old-school players returning with the last expansion or two.
    couldn´t have put it any better - thanks!

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodesh View Post
    This kind of thought process is exactly why the game has progressively sucked more and more post Lothlorien.

    "If you're upset with how the game is, don't criticize or complain, just quit it completely!" That's not how things work, idiot. This game is garbage and the large part of the community is finally realizing it after 5 years of being blind sheep like you.
    Nah, "Lodesh" you are the idiot for thinking this is such a serious matter that you should attack the devs verbally over it. The developers have created a product that you can choose to support or not. Nobody is holding a gun to your head so get out if you don't like it.

    Also, your perception that the game has "sucked more" is just that - YOUR PERCEPTION. Guess what? Other people have different opinions. Why do you have to be told that?

    Bottom line - it's not WHAT you say it's HOW you say it. You can complain all you want to the developers but you have to be cordial. Personal attacks don't work - again, why do you not realize that? If it turns out the devs don't "fix" the game to your liking then what choice do you have?! But if you choose to attack them, I'm going to attack you because you are a loud mouthed punk just like Uws-Harledir and you deserve it.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel1 View Post
    You can complain all you want to the developers but you have to be cordial. Personal attacks don't work - again, why do you not realize that? If it turns out the devs don't "fix" the game to your liking then what choice do you have?! But if you choose to attack them, I'm going to attack you because you are a loud mouthed punk just like Uws-Harledir and you deserve it.

    We have tried, for many years to talk to the Devs, politely, and nicely, and tell them what we wanted to see in the game, from our perspective what would make the game better for the areas the we enjoy and that we play. So now we turn and become rude - the majority of us are VIPs therefore we are already paying them for a service, what most of you FAIL to realise is that without us (the players) turbine is nothing. They are OUR clients, if they continue to make bad decisions, and ruin the game as they have done so already they will lose more and more players, and will lose more and more money, and should that happen this game will probably end up being closed because there isn't enough money coming in to keep the game up.

    In my opinion there is absolutely nothing wrong in PVE except for the lack of end-game raiding, and a good instance cluster. For me that was always the joys of levelling up and completing new content, the chance to be able to raid with my kin at the end of it all and work towards the best gear in the game. I miss raiding 5-7 nights a week, working out the mechanics of raids, hell, I even miss the countless wipes that we had to endure. Now, trust me when I say this - I am not the only person who feels like this, there is a massive proportion of the community that feels the same.

    The grind, it is what it is... I have mixed feelings about it. I admit for too long in PvE, gear that wasn't gated behind a particular raid cluster was too easy to obtain. And for those who raided, everything was eventually easy to obtain. I like the imbuement system it just needs a little bit of work and some tweaking - it removes the 'Now' factor, and actually makes people work for their LIs rather than be able to max them instantly like before. For me though, I have become rather disillusioned with the game in general, there is nothing important to do in PvE for my RuneKeeper anymore and PvP is a joke so generally I spend my days now trying to complete every single in-game deed, because I can't think of nor find anything better to do. And in my opinion, that's sad.

    The 17.1 notes yesterday give me SOME hope for PVP. It shows that finally they are somewhat listening to us - however the changes they are making are a bit laughable, all they have simply done here is increased the creeps morale pools by an extraordinary amount whilst also increasing healing capabilities, but failed to increase creep damage (They increased the damage of 'specific' skills, however these skills only got a 2% damage increase - NOT a big enough change). So simply now creeps will just take longer to kill, they won't be harder to kill.

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But you need only read the forums daily to know that the majority of the community is unhappy.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Everett View Post
    We have tried, for many years to talk to the Devs, politely, and nicely, and tell them what we wanted to see in the game, from our perspective what would make the game better for the areas the we enjoy and that we play. So now we turn and become rude - the majority of us are VIPs therefore we are already paying them for a service, what most of you FAIL to realise is that without us (the players) turbine is nothing. They are OUR clients, if they continue to make bad decisions, and ruin the game as they have done so already they will lose more and more players, and will lose more and more money, and should that happen this game will probably end up being closed because there isn't enough money coming in to keep the game up.

    In my opinion there is absolutely nothing wrong in PVE except for the lack of end-game raiding, and a good instance cluster. For me that was always the joys of levelling up and completing new content, the chance to be able to raid with my kin at the end of it all and work towards the best gear in the game. I miss raiding 5-7 nights a week, working out the mechanics of raids, hell, I even miss the countless wipes that we had to endure. Now, trust me when I say this - I am not the only person who feels like this, there is a massive proportion of the community that feels the same.

    The grind, it is what it is... I have mixed feelings about it. I admit for too long in PvE, gear that wasn't gated behind a particular raid cluster was too easy to obtain. And for those who raided, everything was eventually easy to obtain. I like the imbuement system it just needs a little bit of work and some tweaking - it removes the 'Now' factor, and actually makes people work for their LIs rather than be able to max them instantly like before. For me though, I have become rather disillusioned with the game in general, there is nothing important to do in PvE for my RuneKeeper anymore and PvP is a joke so generally I spend my days now trying to complete every single in-game deed, because I can't think of nor find anything better to do. And in my opinion, that's sad.

    The 17.1 notes yesterday give me SOME hope for PVP. It shows that finally they are somewhat listening to us - however the changes they are making are a bit laughable, all they have simply done here is increased the creeps morale pools by an extraordinary amount whilst also increasing healing capabilities, but failed to increase creep damage (They increased the damage of 'specific' skills, however these skills only got a 2% damage increase - NOT a big enough change). So simply now creeps will just take longer to kill, they won't be harder to kill.

    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But you need only read the forums daily to know that the majority of the community is unhappy.
    Laura, you are an example of what is "right" with our Lotro community. The other guys I've been talking to are an example of what's wrong. You are completely within your rights to be upset and to want changes. For that matter, so are the other guys, but the difference is you are reasonable about it and not a ... well I'll stop there. Just wanted to say thanks and I hope the devs do listen to you and others like you to make the game as good for you as possible. I expect we'll see Mordor either way so at least there will be closure before the end.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel1 View Post
    Laura, you are an example of what is "right" with our Lotro community.
    I will take that massively as a compliment, but if I'm honest its only because I don't see what massively QQing on the forums is going to achieve, considering the devs, let alone anyone actually important in the decision making of the game actually reads the forums coherently and takes into account what 'we' the players are saying. (Afterall, lets be honest, the player council was an absolute publicity stunt). Then there is also the fact that I haven't been playing for as long as the other players who have spoken out so I guess I am not as angry or bitter towards turbine yet.

    But I stand by what I said, if the devs carry on down the path they are currently going, this game will be dead after Mordor.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    111
    Only gonna say this once can yall take this discussion to another thread besides the one I use for transcripts or I will ask Frelorn to close it. It is seriously not that hard to start a new thread for you guys to argue about whatever the heck you want to in it. I have asked nicely before for people to please not turn this thread into arguments. I'm done asking nicely.
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Brandywine (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I stream on twitch you can find me on twitch.tv/eldalleth
    I am also a member of the Official Lotro Stream Team and can be seen Wednesday nights there :)

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldalleth View Post
    Only gonna say this once can yall take this discussion to another thread besides the one I use for transcripts or I will ask Frelorn to close it. It is seriously not that hard to start a new thread for you guys to argue about whatever the heck you want to in it. I have asked nicely before for people to please not turn this thread into arguments. I'm done asking nicely.
    The conversation WAS over with, Eldalleth, until you just brought it back up.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SWEDEN-ENGLAND
    Posts
    126
    How about you stop doing livestreams and fix the game you stupid biatches

  16. #116

    Interview with a Turbine Developer


 

 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload