We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If you could place a house on the landscape where would you place it?

I was curious where your favorite spots were. That if you were allowed to place a house where would you pick? I think mine would be between Stock and Budgeford overlooking the river.

I think a cool spot would be over in the East Wall down by the lake where Frodo leaves the group.

I like my houses where they are :P. No, I would not like to see player houses just anywhere in the open world (not only would this add to load lag, it is just wrong from the lore aspect). Most of Middle-Earth was uninhabited by the Free-Peoples. I could put up with it more in/around Bree; for Hobbits, anywhere near the major settlements of the Shire & possibly along the Anduin near the Gladden Fields or Dunland where Hobbits were known to have lived. For Dwarves, that would work in parts of Ered Luin and the Iron Hills. For Elves, you'd have the Grey Havens/Lindon, Imladris, Thranduil's kingdom in Mirkwood, and Lorien. I could put up with it in Rohan and really could put up with it in Gondor; where significant populations would fit.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

On top of whoever it was on rp server who kept hitting on my craft alt - and then I'd nick her boots (yes, they were red).

I think I would rent the basement of the Michel Delving inn, alternatively one of the Celondim empty buildings - some water is nice to see.

ooo, fun topic! nice one!

I want my Edoras house! I earned it! I have the deed! just let me move in already!

if I could live anywhere... one of those random doorways in Moria might be nice
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    ooo, fun topic! nice one!

I want my Edoras house! I earned it! I have the deed! just let me move in already!
    if I could live anywhere... one of those random doorways in Moria might be nice
    Its you!, long time no see)

For me, always fan of cabin in woods, or small house....
    I'd love to say Old Forest... I think Cabin, small farm out in Forochel or Misty Mountains is where i'd place my house.

If I was confided to my housing area... I live in Bree Housing. Very 1st large house on right. I would actually have back of my house towards road. (towards middle)

So when you enter housing, You would see front and side of my house. That way when I left front door, it would be lawn, mountains and to side my well which is in corner near my friends house.
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!

Nan Gurth overlooking Barad Gularan - best vista in the game

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I like my houses where they are :P. No, I would not like to see player houses just anywhere in the open world (not only would this add to load lag, it is just wrong from the lore aspect). Most of Middle-Earth was uninhabited by the Free-Peoples. I could put up with it more in/around Bree; for Hobbits, anywhere near the major settlements of the Shire & possibly along the Anduin near the Gladden Fields or Dunland where Hobbits were known to have lived. For Dwarves, that would work in parts of Ered Luin and the Iron Hills. For Elves, you'd have the Grey Havens/Lindon, Imladris, Thranduil's kingdom in Mirkwood, and Lorien. I could put up with it in Rohan and really could put up with it in Gondor; where significant populations would fit.
    Keep your hair on. I think this thread was only meant to be a bit of fun.
    It must be your PC...

In Bag End so I could make sure Lobelia doesnt do something to Frodo's house. See my sig?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Weathertop.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000075c95/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Total number of level 75 mobs killed: 5558. keys & Lootboxes:0

in one of the little islands in the middle of lake everswim...er evendim
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by kittypoo View Post
    in one of the little islands in the middle of lake everswim...er evendim

That way you could sit on a beach chair on your island while laughing and pointing at all the swimming adventurers lol.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    That way you could sit on a beach chair on your island while laughing and pointing at all the swimming adventurers lol.

LOL!! I could sit there and spam my /cough and /crazy emotes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000075c95/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Total number of level 75 mobs killed: 5558. keys & Lootboxes:0

Love this idea

I enjoyed finding places for my houses in SWG. Personally I'd like a place in the great smials, a hut hidden in the Weather Hills, and maybe another near Evendim. So many places with great scenery, really hard to choose.

Mmmmhm - my elven huntress would love to have a fleet in Lothlorien My human champion though is a city girl and travels much - she'd be fine with a room in the Prancing Pony
    ~ Huntress reincarnated ~

Just a hypothetical question nothing to get excited about. I wasn't asking to actually place houses on the landscape. Just if you could where would you like to live?

On top of the big spire in the middle of the giants in Misty Mountains, would just stand there and /mock the giants all day long

That one iceberg in Forochel that the keg teleports you to
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 113 WDN :.: Daire, 85 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 93 CHN :.: Brandon, 75 CPT :.: Honey, 72 GRD :.: Griffon, 70 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 73 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 58 WDN :.: Baye, 61 WDN :.: Samtal, 65 WDN :.:Dunnock, 57 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 69 LMR :.: Breyon, 45 CHN :.: Totes, 113 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Oh Lhan Taran in Dunland
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

I like my houses where they are :P. No, I would not like to see player houses just anywhere in the open world (not only would this add to load lag, it is just wrong from the lore aspect). Most of Middle-Earth was uninhabited by the Free-Peoples.
    Thank you for saying what I was going to say before I said it.

I could put up with it more in/around Bree; for Hobbits, anywhere near the major settlements of the Shire & possibly along the Anduin near the Gladden Fields or Dunland where Hobbits were known to have lived. For Dwarves, that would work in parts of Ered Luin and the Iron Hills. For Elves, you'd have the Grey Havens/Lindon, Imladris, Thranduil's kingdom in Mirkwood, and Lorien. I could put up with it in Rohan and really could put up with it in Gondor; where significant populations would fit.
    This would work, if our houses were separate instances, like
    for instance the interior of the Cat Lady's House.

(Which is where I'd be tempted to live, if I could.)

But if all our houses were on the Bree landscape, I fear it'd
    cause more lag than we already have in towns.

AC1 had houses on the landscape, not nearly enough of them
    (mine was in the hills overlooking Sawato). Turbine then
    made apartments that were in instances underground -- there
    was an apartment complex in Cragstone and I forget where else.

AC2 never had housing, but I knew exactly where I wanted
    mine: overlooking a lagoon in the north of Omishan. /sigh
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Dead center in the Aldburg crafting hall.

I'm also rather partial to Gapholt as the place in middle earth I'd like to retire to when my questing is done.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Just give me an RV. I have so many favorite spots I can't choose. XD
    Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Thank you for saying what I was going to say before I said it.

This would work, if our houses were separate instances, like
    for instance the interior of the Cat Lady's House.

(Which is where I'd be tempted to live, if I could.)

But if all our houses were on the Bree landscape, I fear it'd
    cause more lag than we already have in towns.

AC1 had houses on the landscape, not nearly enough of them
    (mine was in the hills overlooking Sawato). Turbine then
    made apartments that were in instances underground -- there
    was an apartment complex in Cragstone and I forget where else.

AC2 never had housing, but I knew exactly where I wanted
    mine: overlooking a lagoon in the north of Omishan. /sigh

I think the thread and question was just meant to be in good fun.

Lothlorien! I want a tree house! :-)

I'll tell you were it WOULDN'T be....FOROCHEL! Those Lossoth can have the place....(Can you tell I just ran through there?)

Assuming the Eye is defeated and all the baddies are gone? I could go for a house in Rivendel Valley somewhere. I'd keep the Trollshaws' music though.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

There was once a cottage at the spot I would choose, but it has long since crumbled into ruin. Now it is known only as the Crumbled Cellar, but those willing to sift through the debris might learn a surprising thing or two about the person who once lived there, long ago. It isn't as scenic a spot as some, but I wouldn't mind building a new cottage there and keeping a quiet house, musing from time to time on the nature of history and the events that shape us.

MoL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast