We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    31

    Brionac Chronicles 3rd Pvp Montage is here!

    Hope you guys enjoy. Youtube was giving me a hell of a time with the uploading by throwing my video and audio out of sync. It may still slightly be off and I'm sorry but I did my best to try and fix it. Otherwise enjoy and my next video I plan on doing will probably be a play-by-play narrative on how/what I'm doing while in a fight, and that should come sometime after I hit r13. Getting close and want to focus on that for a bit. Thanks for watching! =)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yopSzAYWn-w

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    48
    Very nice video,fights and edit! Kudos for picking Pendulum too, although when I listened to the second song(which is one of my favourites) I was hoping you would end with "Tarantula" heh

    There are many good videos out there btw lately,we should really gather them in one thread so it's easier for us to flash back on them.Just an idea!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Afk in Grams/GV
    Posts
    639
    Great video! Awesome spider! This is how I felt when I finished watching.....



    The ONLY thing I would change would be no morale pot 1v1. Other than that, work of art... And good luck getting r13, so you can look like a carnival version of a Japanese flag lolol.

    Also, to Aglathion, please come on Brandywine and send me a tell so I can give you a two hour lecture on why using oathbreakers, and man-heal in a 1v1 is frowned upon. Thank you.

    ~Phoenix

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    Great video! Awesome spider! This is how I felt when I finished watching.....



    The ONLY thing I would change would be no morale pot 1v1. Other than that, work of art... And good luck getting r13, so you can look like a carnival version of a Japanese flag lolol.

    Also, to Aglathion, please come on Brandywine and send me a tell so I can give you a two hour lecture on why using oathbreakers, and man-heal in a 1v1 is frowned upon. Thank you.

    ~Phoenix
    Thanks pheonix, and my opinion is who cares about the morale pot? Do you want me to handicap myself so you never know how well you will actually do, or do you want me to go all out so you can actually see how you fair 1v1 and can get better, because I always ask for whoever im fighting to use everything regardless if it puts me at a disadvantage . Just my opinion tho, I think gibbing yourself 1v1 never does anything but give people false confidence

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Afk in Grams/GV
    Posts
    639
    Well, in the end, some classes are just stupid OP. Basically, at least on both Brandywine, and Elendilmir, there is 1v1 etiquette. Meaning no warden heals, no mini heals, no last stand, no oathbreakers, no reaver wrath, things of that nature.

    In the end though, it's all your choice. For example, on Elendilmir, pre-RoR I watched a Lore-master fight a pretty good reaver 1v1. Well this LM used water lore practically every other skill...lol. So as you can imagine, he won. (He was ganked back to the rez shortly after) I just firmly believe that for the hope of a good, challenging fight, some skills shouldn't be used. I mean, if I used man heal, oathbreakers in every 1v1, I wouldn't lose as often as I do, and to be honest, losing 1v1s is the only way to get better at your class. Not saying I'm great, or even good. But it's just fact. Those skills are on the OP side.

    Now, a morale pot is not very OP. I mean, a 25% morale heal is...disheartening, but it's not the end of the world. But I couldn't feel good about winning a 1v1 after blowing OB, and man heal...That's just me personally though.

    Edit: Also, it is personal preference. If two people 1v1ing agree to blow it all, that's fine I guess...lol

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    31
    Ya I hear ya, and if people want to do that, thats fine. But even if #### is OP, not fighting it in controlled 1v1s isnt going to help me at all when I actually find them. But its all preference . O and quick note, manheal may be a CD, but its terrible now, so we cant talk like thats a game changer when a captain in red line gets a bigger heal from criting off someone ;P. Anyway thanks for watching again

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rez Circle
    Posts
    902
    Man heal?

    That useless piece of #### that freezes you up for several seconds and does nothing?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    Man heal?

    That useless piece of #### that freezes you up for several seconds and does nothing?
    haha pretty much

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    845
    This game's pvp is by no way balanced around 1v1s, or really balanced at all, so if you want some semblance of a fair fight then some self nerfing has to happen. I don't think that if someone nerfs themselves in a 1v1 and lose that means its not a legit loss or a legit win, it just means that some measures were taken to keep the fight interesting. In some cases if no nerfing happened the weaker class in the 1v1, most of the time a creep, will have no chance at winning. And if the fight is so one sided then whats the point of it?

    Oh and good video brio. I loled hard at the beginning

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Afk in Grams/GV
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    Man heal?

    That useless piece of #### that freezes you up for several seconds and does nothing?
    Yeah, yeah. Man heal is pretty bad lol. But I hold true to "It's just the thought that counts."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    This game's pvp is by no way balanced around 1v1s, or really balanced at all, so if you want some semblance of a fair fight then some self nerfing has to happen. I don't think that if someone nerfs themselves in a 1v1 and lose that means its not a legit loss or a legit win, it just means that some measures were taken to keep the fight interesting. In some cases if no nerfing happened the weaker class in the 1v1, most of the time a creep, will have no chance at winning. And if the fight is so one sided then whats the point of it?

    Oh and good video brio. I loled hard at the beginning
    Exactly.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    This game's pvp is by no way balanced around 1v1s, or really balanced at all, so if you want some semblance of a fair fight then some self nerfing has to happen. I don't think that if someone nerfs themselves in a 1v1 and lose that means its not a legit loss or a legit win, it just means that some measures were taken to keep the fight interesting. In some cases if no nerfing happened the weaker class in the 1v1, most of the time a creep, will have no chance at winning. And if the fight is so one sided then whats the point of it?

    Oh and good video brio. I loled hard at the beginning
    Haha ya I laughed alot while making that part, and ya I agree with your point on the 1v1s, but for ME, IDC what is OP, only makes it more satisfying beating it, if I jump a burg in the open, hes gunna hips because he doesnt have the advantage anymore to win without it. So use everything you have cause I will use everything I have, besides burrow because it pretty much resets the fight. But this is for me I am talking ;P, if others want a handicap in their 1v1s, then they can have it. There is a dif between not using something because you dont need it, compared to not using something because you dont want to because its OP.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    31
    Where is the satisfaction of winning a 1v1 that you normally wouldnt. Just how I see it for myself at least

  13. #13

    Thumbs up

    awesome job Brio..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    31
    Thanks Bob, I hear you are close to r12 on defiler. Smexyyy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rez Circle
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    Yeah, yeah. Man heal is pretty bad lol. But I hold true to "It's just the thought that counts."
    I usually end up getting killed in a situation where I might've been able to live when I use man heal, lol.

    dat root

    Quote Originally Posted by freakb0y View Post
    Haha ya I laughed alot while making that part, and ya I agree with your point on the 1v1s, but for ME, IDC what is OP, only makes it more satisfying beating it, if I jump a burg in the open, hes gunna hips because he doesnt have the advantage anymore to win without it. So use everything you have cause I will use everything I have, besides burrow because it pretty much resets the fight. But this is for me I am talking ;P, if others want a handicap in their 1v1s, then they can have it. There is a dif between not using something because you dont need it, compared to not using something because you dont want to because its OP.
    I cry inside whenever I fight a spider that full heal burrows. Full mit traited spiders that do that, the fight easily goes on forever especially if they're morale potting and hitting reflect as often as possible with all their venom pips.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    74
    On Beta, after 1v1 a reaver he came to his freep and blame me for use bleeds on warden, then told me on Brandy, wardens go no major bleeds, and reavers no dev strike or impale. I think classes like rk and mini dont have much chances agasint a reaver using those skills + potion.

    Wardens bleeds are OP now, but with that mitigation comming, no way to kill anything without bleeds... So, not sure that will be possible after update 13.

    I think there are a general consense about no heals and no Never surrender though for wardens though.

    But is hard to think about an etiquete cause we dont know all classes. I saw people blame wardens that used DC in 1v1 (at 85) and say nothing for a guardian using 2x Guardians's pledge.

    So, it's more a challenge that you put to yourself than rules.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiffyros View Post
    On Beta, after 1v1 a reaver he came to his freep and blame me for use bleeds on warden, then told me on Brandy, wardens go no major bleeds, and reavers no dev strike or impale. I think classes like rk and mini dont have much chances agasint a reaver using those skills + potion.

    Wardens bleeds are OP now, but with that mitigation comming, no way to kill anything without bleeds... So, not sure that will be possible after update 13.

    I think there are a general consense about no heals and no Never surrender though for wardens though.

    But is hard to think about an etiquete cause we dont know all classes. I saw people blame wardens that used DC in 1v1 (at 85) and say nothing for a guardian using 2x Guardians's pledge.

    So, it's more a challenge that you put to yourself than rules.
    Yup, well put, and its fine if you want to limit yourself. I just encourage ppl to go all out on Me cause I like the challenge ;P

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Afk in Grams/GV
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiffyros View Post
    On Beta, after 1v1 a reaver he came to his freep and blame me for use bleeds on warden, then told me on Brandy, wardens go no major bleeds, and reavers no dev strike or impale. I think classes like rk and mini dont have much chances agasint a reaver using those skills + potion.
    Partly true. I know two very respectable wardens who do not use any bleeds 1v1 to keep it interesting. I only can think of 3 reavers out of hundreds that don't use impale and DS in 1v1s. And of those 3, 2 can beat me nearly every fight, and 1 is about 50/50 with me. It's all in personal skill, and how much you want to challenge yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Saiffyros View Post
    I think there are a general consense about no heals and no Never surrender though for wardens though.
    There are. It's mostly personal rules, but some are server wide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiffyros View Post
    But is hard to think about an etiquete cause we dont know all classes. I saw people blame wardens that used DC in 1v1 (at 85) and say nothing for a guardian using 2x Guardians's pledge.
    Only way to know the OP skills is either:
    Play the class
    Fight the class 1v1 many times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiffyros View Post
    So, it's more a challenge that you put to yourself than rules.
    Exactly.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rez Circle
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    I only can think of 3 reavers out of hundreds that don't use impale and DS in 1v1s. And of those 3, 2 can beat me nearly every fight, and 1 is about 50/50 with me. It's all in personal skill, and how much you want to challenge yourself.
    You should let me fight you without Impale/DS. Could be interesting.


    Although I suspect I'll get my ### kicked.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload