With raiding being retired in LoTRO it seems safe to now reminisce about the "good ole days". So here's a question: What was the best boss fight in LoTRO history, and why?
I'm voting Orthanc: Shadow T2C (Bukot). I really think this was J-dubs crowing achievement.
- There was no single definitive way to do it.
- There weren't any opaque or near impossible to decipher mechanics.
- It required some movement, but positioning was hugely important.
- There was never a time when someone said: "We don't need Class X for this fight" because a well balanced mix of ranged and melee DPS, CC and debuffing, tanking and heals were all required. You couldn't just Burg-zerg it, or just range it from safety.
- Unlike some fights which really just test one thing- Bukot tested tanking, healing, DPS and support more equally than any other fight.
What do you think the best designed fight was?