We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to cancel subscription

Finals week is approaching, and so I must bid adieu to Middle Earth for now, but I can't figure out how to cancel my sub.

On the account settings -> Manage Subscriptions page, there is only an option to change the nickname on my account. How do I proceed?

Thanks

Log into your Turbine account through the account website (https://myaccount.turbine.com). Under the subscription you want to cancel there will be a link to cancel any recurring VIP payment you have. Canceling will only stop a recurring payment. You will still have VIP until the time period for the current VIP payment ends. You cannot suspend it in the middle of the VIP time. It has to expire normally. If you paid with a GTC or otherwise do not have a recurring VIP payment, there will be no link to cancel it since there will be nothing to cancel.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

I do not see a cancel link.. help pls

Quote Originally Posted by Kasias View Post
    Make sure you are going to myaccount via the link provided above. Not using the limited functionality provided via the forums.

Still do not see cancel. You will need to contact Turbine Account Management. Have a nice human that works for Turbine cancel your subscription.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasias View Post
    In addition to what Yula posted, you will only see a cancel link if you have a recurring subscription (auto-billed for n-months). If you paid for VIP with a GTC then there is no cancel link as it will expire after the number of days added by the GTC is up.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."