We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Junafani View Post
    If I remember correctly, higher MC cost is supposed to be only in the newest area. So after we get new expansion and new level range, it should drop down to normal 1 MC in the HD.
    If that's the case, that's actually pretty fair and an intelligent way to make money from impatient people. I use the teleports all over the place for 1 MC, but will never use it for 3. If it remains three, it's kinda gouging, but it's still their game to price as they see fit. I don't think the Moors Access is overpriced, but I also don't like temporary access to anything in the game.

That's the content model SWTOR uses and I've always praised LotRO in comparison for offering permanent purchases. My fear is that content packs will go away in favor of allowing you to rent quest packs via subscription or MC's. I would not be happy if that ever changed.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If that's the case, that's actually pretty fair and an intelligent way to make money from impatient people. I use the teleports all over the place for 1 MC, but will never use it for 3. If it remains three, it's kinda gouging, but it's still their game to price as they see fit.
    It's 5, not 3. Turbine was going to make it 3, and then some helpful couple of posters (two) suggested that Turbine make it 5 and they ran with it.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    It's 5, not 3. Turbine was going to make it 3, and then some helpful couple of posters (two) suggested that Turbine make it 5 and they ran with it.
    Yeah I believe that was a typo....but are you for real with the quick history? Because if so...that's just....I know we don't agree on everything, but who would suggest that be raised? o.O
    BAD WOLF

Yeah I believe that was a typo....but are you for real with the quick history? Because if so...that's just....I know we don't agree on everything, but who would suggest that be raised? o.O
    Yes, I'm for real, and it was in beta. The discussion was about not making it easy for people to skip the magnificent experience that is the landscape just for convenience, and their suggestion was to make it more expensive to skip.

Personally - I thought it should stay 1 MC.

And while we may not always agree I think you have every right to enjoy the game the way you like, including skipping all the travel using MCs and taking all the time you need to level.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Yes, I'm for real, and it was in beta. The discussion was about not making it easy for people to skip the magnificent experience that is the landscape just for convenience, and their suggestion was to make it more expensive to skip.
    But oh god...the horror? I may have come off completely the wrong way, maybe I was off crazy meds or something, but I'm never in favor of controlling how people play. So while I may have seemed like I was not supportive of raid content for people who enjoy it, nothing is further from the truth. I want people to get to play games the way they want to play by having choices. That's the ideal scenario to me.

With that OT rant aside, what you have told me is the exact definition of forcing people to play a certain way and that's tragic that it went live that way. Stop bringing me down Beanie. You stop right meow.
    BAD WOLF

Stop bringing me down Beanie. You stop right meow.
    ROFL!! I get that a lot....

All that aside, I think the Ettenmoors MC cost is reasonable. If people like it enough to use it consistently they should sub.
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

ROFL!! I get that a lot....

All that aside, I think the Ettenmoors MC cost is reasonable. If people like it enough to use it consistently they should sub.
    I've said a very similar thing regarding SWTOR. Subscription with full access to space, pvp, dungeons, and raids is $15/month. Buying a month's access to any one of those things is equivalent to $10. If you like more than one thing, it's literally wasting money to not subscribe. I think as an isolated feature, like with the Moors, it is acceptable both in principle and cost.

If this type of pricing covers the whole game, then it's not so good anymore. At the end of the day I understand Turbine has to generate revenue and I only hope that quest packs bring in enough on their own to not have to force a subscription for the value. I have no qualms giving Turbine my money, just gave them a lot actually, but I only do that because it is my choice to do so. Once my hand is forced my desire to spend drops to almost 0.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Junafani View Post
    If I remember correctly, higher MC cost is supposed to be only in the newest area. So after we get new expansion and new level range, it should drop down to normal 1 MC in the HD.
    Well, my memory of that was that the MC cost would drop, not necessarily back to 1 MC; though it could do so. My point was though, people blaming Beta Feedback from (a) player(s) for being the cause of something which was not actually the case; keeping in mind that the Beta feedback did have some influence, maybe, on the result of a system that was presented to us as an implemented entity.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Wait a minute. I thought they (Turbine) said 9 MC at first. Dang ... gotten old ...
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmellors View Post
    I'm not disputing the fact that they need to make money. My point is that they aren't making a product I find worth paying for.
    You should be happy that they even allow you to pay for. And i assume the VIP's and Lifetimers will see everywhere when this will be release some NPC telling us all
    that we can go now with Mithril-Coins to the moors...that whole F2P Ingame stuff is really lorebreaking and destorys every Immersion the game may have.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Well, my memory of that was that the MC cost would drop, not necessarily back to 1 MC; though it could do so. My point was though, people blaming Beta Feedback from (a) player(s) for being the cause of something which was not actually the case; keeping in mind that the Beta feedback did have some influence, maybe, on the result of a system that was presented to us as an implemented entity.
    To clear up the MC costs, here is a quote from Turbine:

"They are only in Helm's Deep, all others remain at 1. In beta we had originally set them at 3 and Fredelas and others suggested it be much higher. We set them to 9 and rolled them back to 5 as the appropriate amount as suggested by Fredelas and other players during beta. "

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Actually Turbine had come out and specifically named the players whose idea it was. And that they had taken their suggestion. I don't blame them, it doesn't affect me as I don't believe in the use of MCs. I think it should've stayed 1 MC but that was me. *shrug* I don't really have a dog in that fight, just information.
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

The price could be slightly cheaper, but I think it's in the right area. For the casual player 20 MC once in a while shouldn't be too much too pay. For anyone playing a moderate amount or more a subscription will offer better value. The key point is that players at least have a choice now with f2p/premium players able take part in PvMP.

Quote Originally Posted by cirkonia View Post
    that whole F2P Ingame stuff is really lorebreaking and destorys every Immersion the game may have.
    ROFL........ :rollseyes:

Right now Turbine gets a lot of subscribers (read: predictable income) from the Moors. Offering access to non-subscribers has the chance to bring in new money from them, but also the chance to lose subscribers who aren't hardcore and decide that an occasional rent of Moors access is better for them. Pricing this is a delicate balance for Turbine. Too cheap and subscriptions takes a nosedive. Too expensive and they won't pay off the cost of development if few people use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Right now Turbine gets a lot of subscribers (read: predictable income) from the Moors. Offering access to non-subscribers has the chance to bring in new money from them, but also the chance to lose subscribers who aren't hardcore and decide that an occasional rent of Moors access is better for them. Pricing this is a delicate balance for Turbine. Too cheap and subscriptions takes a nosedive. Too expensive and they won't pay off the cost of development if few people use it.
    According to Turbine, there really aren't that many subscribers (or even players) from the Moors. That is why there is so little development put towards the Moors. So I don't think there is that much need to pay off costs. With single digit percentages, I can't imagine a "nosedive" in subscriptions. Going off all that, they could definitely charge a lot less. Just making it possible to be a non-lifer/VIP and play in the Moors is a first step and we'll see where it goes from there.

I wouldn't pay 250 TP for an ettenmoors pass for 6 hours. If they lowered the price to 100 TP for 6 hours then maybe.

I'd like to see some bundled deals though, like a week-long pass to the ettenmoors and more at a discounted price. Considering some people would buy them and then only go to the ettenmoors for 2-3 days out of that week it'd still make them money.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/UncrownedPrince91"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FFFF"]I Have a YouTube Channel and... it kinda sucks but visit anyway to make me feel nice :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

from my perspective I see this as a stroke of genius from Turbine in order to provide more incentives for people to pay for Sub, essentially it's the -get a little taste and get hooked- sort of thing, capitalising on the idea that they -KNOW- that current end-game is a joke (lewl BB T2CM) and this is the only other option for a cash grab.

On the other hand, they're trying to lure people into a product that is the most terribly designed, flawed, neglected, ignored, failed promises record, played out aspect of their game - PvMP.

Points for their marketing ploy.

Negative Points * 500-fold for what their marketing for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottapee View Post
    from my perspective I see this as a stroke of genius from Turbine in order to provide more incentives for people to pay for Sub, essentially it's the -get a little taste and get hooked- sort of thing, capitalising on the idea that they -KNOW- that current end-game is a joke (lewl BB T2CM) and this is the only other option for a cash grab.

On the other hand, they're trying to lure people into a product that is the most terribly designed, flawed, neglected, ignored, failed promises record, played out aspect of their game - PvMP.

Points for their marketing ploy.

Negative Points * 500-fold for what their marketing for.
    The only problem is that if the ettenmoors isn't polished to a silver shine that plan can backfire. Monster play IS the big end-game that people are supposed to look forward to in this game. If they provide the same muck they've been serving for the past few years without some major overhauls and updates in U13 (more than they have now, I mean MAJOR reworking, especially the AI and poorly done optimization of the ettenmoors) it could lose them a good portion of their existing player base who haven't gone into monster play yet. When people know they don't have anything worth looking forward to they lose the will to move forward.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/UncrownedPrince91"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FFFF"]I Have a YouTube Channel and... it kinda sucks but visit anyway to make me feel nice :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Bagluk View Post
    I thought the point of making a new Ettenmoors payment model was so that PvM players didn't have to pay the full price just to access 1 map. Therefor i assumed it would've been made cheaper then a VIP sub. If i want to have full access to everything in the game i should pay a sub for 10 dollars a month. If i just want to play in Ettenmoors i should ofcourse pay less money.

Maybe my reasoning was bad.
    Your reasoning is perfect, one of the few logical ones. We look at this from the consumer side, not Turbine's side. I would like to give up VIP for a cheaper access to the Moors because that's all I do with my VIP, but if I did it by MC I'd be bending over and grabbing my ankles while getting less from Turbine over all. They'd be laughing all the way to the bank but then again this is a scheme that profits them.

Anyone who thinks you can just indefinitely grind out the TP for perma access to the moors through MC clearly is not someone who does the moors over everything else. You would need to make a job of rolling new accounts and taking them to the skirm camp for rep TP and then you'd have no time to moors. These passes are good only for people who don't plan to spend any serious amount of time in the moors. They're really good for nothing but a sample, like buying fun size candy bars which we all know are anything but fun.

And then there's the fact the timer counts down even while not in the moors. How pathetic! Enjoy paying for that countdown when you get called into a pve raid with your kin or something.

Increase the length of time to more than 6 hours and remove the count down from PvE land then these will start being a little more relevant.
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagluk View Post
    So i heard that in beta the cost for traveling to the Ettenmoors will be 20 Mithril Coins. With those 20 coins you can play in the Ettenmoors for 6 hours.

Given the fact that 25 Mithril Coins cost 250 TP, most people will be charged much more to just play in Ettenmoors each month.

If i'd play in Ettenmoors for 3 hours a day every day for 1 month (30 days) i'd have to pay 3000 TP a month just to get Ettenmoors access. If 100 TP is roughly 1 dollar it's 30 dollar just for 1 month.

Some more hardcore/no life people could play for 6 hours a day, they have to pay 60 dollar a month.

And ofcourse the casual guy who plays 1 hour a day will pay 10 dollar a month. Which still equals a month worth of VIP if you buy 3 months at once.

So please lower the Mithril Coin cost for this! It's too much!

Awww Pina you crack me up man <3 No matter the price promise you'll bring those 6 lagmasters of yours to the moors at least once, I wan't a go at them, scaled from lvl 20 preferably
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    Awww Pina you crack me up man <3 No matter the price promise you'll bring those 6 lagmasters of yours to the moors at least once, I wan't a go at them, scaled from lvl 20 preferably
    Not at the current price And i parked them at lvl40. Lotro won't accept paypal on 3 accounts so i can't purchase Angmar... QQ They are lvl40.
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

This seems like a good way for people try it out and if they like it subscribe. Think of it as a trial period.
    Erowens, 95 - Elf - Hunter
    Rollof, 50 - Man - Champion
    Eraw, 25 - Man - Guardian
    Edhelrieth, 20 - Elf - Loremaster

Quote Originally Posted by RoyRogersMcFreely View Post
    Your reasoning is perfect, one of the few logical ones. We look at this from the consumer side, not Turbine's side. I would like to give up VIP for a cheaper access to the Moors because that's all I do with my VIP, but if I did it by MC I'd be bending over and grabbing my ankles while getting less from Turbine over all. They'd be laughing all the way to the bank but then again this is a scheme that profits them.

Anyone who thinks you can just indefinitely grind out the TP for perma access to the moors through MC clearly is not someone who does the moors over everything else. You would need to make a job of rolling new accounts and taking them to the skirm camp for rep TP and then you'd have no time to moors. These passes are good only for people who don't plan to spend any serious amount of time in the moors. They're really good for nothing but a sample, like buying fun size candy bars which we all know are anything but fun.

And then there's the fact the timer counts down even while not in the moors. How pathetic! Enjoy paying for that countdown when you get called into a pve raid with your kin or something.

Increase the length of time to more than 6 hours and remove the count down from PvE land then these will start being a little more relevant.
    The timer running while outside of the Ettenmoors is not cool. Sometimes there are lulls in activity in the moors and it would suck to purchase your 6 hours and find one of those lulls half an hour later. You go to play in PVE while things are slow and your timer runs down. Maybe they could cut both the time and cost for the pass in half so its not such a risk.

Maybe a smaller cost for shorter length of time? 6 hours in game is pretty unrealistic, many people don't have that kind of time to burn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast