We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Free/Premium people Ettenmoors access cost

So i heard that in beta the cost for traveling to the Ettenmoors will be 20 Mithril Coins. With those 20 coins you can play in the Ettenmoors for 6 hours.

Given the fact that 25 Mithril Coins cost 250 TP, most people will be charged much more to just play in Ettenmoors each month.

If i'd play in Ettenmoors for 3 hours a day every day for 1 month (30 days) i'd have to pay 3000 TP a month just to get Ettenmoors access. If 100 TP is roughly 1 dollar it's 30 dollar just for 1 month.

Some more hardcore/no life people could play for 6 hours a day, they have to pay 60 dollar a month.

And ofcourse the casual guy who plays 1 hour a day will pay 10 dollar a month. Which still equals a month worth of VIP if you buy 3 months at once.

So please lower the Mithril Coin cost for this! It's too much!

Time to subscribe!
    GL DLR ASTO MRVVAOK? KPXD PREOG...

Alternately, you can go VIP...

If you believe that you are going to play in the Moores more than 1 hour per day - the best financial decision is to subscribe.

Considering previously it was completely barred to F2P/Premium I think the cost is fair. They can try it for MC, and if they like it they can subscribe if they think this will be a play style they want to invest a lot of time in. If not, they're only out a few TP.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

anyone can go to the moors on creepside for free so there's quite the incentive to spare your mithril coins...leave your lvl 20 parked in Lone Lands and come to the warm, cuddley arms of creepside. Just dont expect to actually kill anything on your own for the first month or so, triple that time to kill if 1FAs come out.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Bagluk View Post
    So i heard that in beta the cost for traveling to the Ettenmoors will be 20 Mithril Coins. With those 20 coins you can play in the Ettenmoors for 6 hours.

Given the fact that 25 Mithril Coins cost 250 TP, most people will be charged much more to just play in Ettenmoors each month.

If i'd play in Ettenmoors for 3 hours a day every day for 1 month (30 days) i'd have to pay 3000 TP a month just to get Ettenmoors access. If 100 TP is roughly 1 dollar it's 30 dollar just for 1 month.

Some more hardcore/no life people could play for 6 hours a day, they have to pay 60 dollar a month.

And ofcourse the casual guy who plays 1 hour a day will pay 10 dollar a month. Which still equals a month worth of VIP if you buy 3 months at once.

You're missing the point. If you're playing the Moors every day, then of course you're supposed to subscribe. This is aimed at the casual player who goes there maybe once a week.

This seems like about the best pricing model turbine has come out with for a new feature in quite some time. A couple MC cheaper would be good, but if you're spending more than 30 hours a week in the moors, a sub is probably a good choice. If we stick with the $1 for 100 TP baseline, thats $0.33 for an hour of play in the moors. Doesn't seem bad to me, and I'm not exactly a wealthy person.

Sorry but the price should not be lowered. They have to keep it at a certain price because if they lower it too much, there really not gonna make much money off this service. To many would just grind out the tps & not spend any cash. Shoot there may be ones who will do that with the current cost. Not as difficult as some say in earning a nice chunk of tps.

Sounds OK to me. If you want to be a "hardcore" Ettens player just do what all others do before U13: subscribe!
    Since this is one of the few advantages VIP player still have I agree with Turbine. People can take a cheap peek into Ettens. If they want more it is up to them to calculate what is better for them.
    Officer of Radix Lecti @ Laurelin (the only real taters)
    You want to know more?
    [URL]http://radixlecti.eu/[/URL]
    The wise & sociable 2012
    Hero of the small folk 2013
    Original Tundra Cub owner 2014
    The kinship that brought the hobbit to Isengard :)

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    I think this price is just right. It provides non-VIPs to play in the Moors for a while, see if they like it, level a bit, all of that. But if you keep the price high, you can still use the monthly sub to have as perk that the access to the Moors is much cheaper, which I think is what we'll want if we actually want Turbine to be able to work on this game.

Do free/premium players know that they can play for "free" in the moors now? Maybe it's just this old fart but I just don't get that this is gonna be a big revenue item after casual players realize they can save their money by playing a creep.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

I thought the point of making a new Ettenmoors payment model was so that PvM players didn't have to pay the full price just to access 1 map. Therefor i assumed it would've been made cheaper then a VIP sub. If i want to have full access to everything in the game i should pay a sub for 10 dollars a month. If i just want to play in Ettenmoors i should ofcourse pay less money.

Maybe my reasoning was bad.

First off all you don't get access to all as a vip. It is only up to the SOA content, Ettens and the skirmishes. And second it will make many VIP's very sad if you can go only to Ettens for less then a subscribtion because that is the reason why they are still VIP.
    Officer of Radix Lecti @ Laurelin (the only real taters)
    You want to know more?
    [URL]http://radixlecti.eu/[/URL]
    The wise & sociable 2012
    Hero of the small folk 2013
    Original Tundra Cub owner 2014
    The kinship that brought the hobbit to Isengard :)

The cost seems high if they are planning on people using it as an option long-term. But as a trial with the hopes of getting someone to subscribe, it may be okay/close.
    Hopefully we don't find out after it hits the live servers that they doubled the MC cost because of someone's suggestion on the test server.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterJelly View Post
    The cost seems high if they are planning on people using it as an option long-term. But as a trial with the hopes of getting someone to subscribe, it may be okay/close.
    Hopefully we don't find out after it hits the live servers that they doubled the MC cost because of someone's suggestion on the test server.
    I really wish this idea would go away. The higher MC costs for the 'Return to quest giver service' in Helm's Deep were proposed by Turbine. They asked us in the Beta for suggestions/feedback on something that was coming one way or another. Please stop this. Please. About the 'moors pass, you can be sure that we are being asked to give feedback on the idea. It is likely coming in one form or another and the MC costs are something up to Turbine to determine. They'll take our feedback into consideration as a data point on the likely response.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Smile

In my opinion is very Fair. You can be happy that you can go in Ettens at F2P or Premium. In fact you can make very easly turbine points if you have High level Characters. Maybe just the timeing is a minor problem maybe 6 hours is to low. A 12 hours would be more okey.And maybe in future Turbine will increase the hours. But i wish to know if the Passage will stop when you quit the game. That will be very important in this stat. Good Job Turbine.

I thought the point of making a new Ettenmoors payment model was so that PvM players didn't have to pay the full price just to access 1 map. Therefor i assumed it would've been made cheaper then a VIP sub. If i want to have full access to everything in the game i should pay a sub for 10 dollars a month. If i just want to play in Ettenmoors i should ofcourse pay less money.

Maybe my reasoning was bad.
    Your reasoning is only flawed in the sense that it bypasses the uniqueness of the Moors as a game feature in LOTRO.

Because it's unique in the game and there is no alternative for it, access to the Moors can be made more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraam View Post
    In my opinion is very Fair. You can be happy that you can go in Ettens at F2P or Premium. In fact you can make very easly turbine points if you have High level Characters. Maybe just the timeing is a minor problem maybe 6 hours is to low. A 12 hours would be more okey.And maybe in future Turbine will increase the hours. But i wish to know if the Passage will stop when you quit the game. That will be very important in this stat. Good Job Turbine.
    Of course the Ettenmoors pass timer will stop when you log out.

Also, Turbine might have occasional discounts on Moors access, and they have occasional discounts for mithril coins. Maybe they'll even be handing out Moors passes as a free weekly sample.

Time it right (farm for TP or get them in a double/triple bonus bundle, then buy mithril coins at a discount) and your 'actual price' for access will be substantually below the current mark - which could still be subject to change. Want access now and didn't prep for it? Pay the full price.

Yes as trial it might be good, a new player can see if he/she likes PvMP in this game and then decide to sub. But are there really so many new people out there who are interested in PvMP? The game is 7 years old.

Before this idea was implemented on the beta server a lot of people suggested something like this. Since they don't want to pay the full price if they just want to play PvMP, they wanted a pass like this or single purchase pass to get access in Ettens. But it's still more expansive in the long run then going VIP so this suggestion has only been partly looked at.

I'm quite surprised people think it's a fair price, as i can only see it could be fair to try 1x.

Bottom line is that there is nothing in this game worth paying for anymore. The only reason I even come here anymore is because it's free. If I have to pay, I'll just play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmellors View Post
    Bottom line is that there is nothing in this game worth paying for anymore. The only reason I even come here anymore is because it's free. If I have to pay, I'll just play something else.
    I don't agree with that, devs don't work for free so they have to charge for some things, just not that much so it's very overpriced.

I don't agree with that, devs don't work for free so they have to charge for some things, just not that much so it's very overpriced.
    By having it cheap, most are just gonna grind out the tps therefore Turbine not making much profit. This not very overpriced at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I really wish this idea would go away. The higher MC costs for the 'Return to quest giver service' in Helm's Deep were proposed by Turbine.
    If I remember correctly, higher MC cost is supposed to be only in the newest area. So after we get new expansion and new level range, it should drop down to normal 1 MC in the HD.

If there was a one time fee for permanent unlock to access then I'd consider getting it. Determining factors would be the price and if it is per character or account level access.

As it is now I'm fine with just going on my creep whenever I want.

I'm not disputing the fact that they need to make money. My point is that they aren't making a product I find worth paying for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast